Author Topic: A trade for the Lakers squad...  (Read 4311 times)

A trade for the Lakers squad...
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:12:02 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I feel obligated to make a trade idea to benefit the Lakers that hasn't been heard of yet, and it's for someone I work with that's a die hard kobe/lakers fan. so here's my idea. Lakers need to dump odom and radmanovic somewhere to a system that will work better for them, and in exchange they need players with more heart and audacity to play, instead of stare around and through the ball to Kobe.

Golden State gets Odom, Radmanovic, and Farmar
Lakers get Stephen jackson, Al harrington, and Brandon Wright

Sure thats big salary for the next couple years BUT look at the line up.
Fisher - Vujacic         Vuj could play PG just to get the ball down the court and shoot it, kinda like E House
Kobe - Ariza            Kobe is better shutting down SGs than he is SFs like LeBron/Melo
Jackson - Walton        Jackson is NOT afraid to shoot. Ask him about the game in Dallas with 7 3's to win the game
Gasol - Harrington       Harrington could be that extra offense off the bench with Vujacic
Bynum - Wright - Mihm       Wright can play PF/C. He needs time to grow and he can't with Don Nelson

GS would get a facilitator to run the offense and have the freedom with Nelson to hit that 3, along with Radmanovic
Ellis - Farmar             Ellis can be a combo PG, perfect for the system
Magette - Belinelli          Magette would have an easier time scoring in this position
Odom - Barnes(if he returns)      Odom can shoot if the ball stays in his hands, as it would here. He loves the 3
Turiaf - Rookie or Free agent     Turiaf is energy, and should start here
Biendrins - Perovic               Biendrins will be here no matter what, they've already said that 10 times

Any other ideas. I hate helping the enemy, but ideas are fun. Plus I'd like the see the rivalry renewed for real, not just one meeting in the finals. The lakers never really had a chance anyways
Can't stop, Rondo!

Re: A trade for the Lakers squad...
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 01:18:14 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Why does Golden State do this?

Jax is the captain and has been right there with the now-departed Davis as heart and soul of that team.

I admire the time and effort put in on your part, jdub, but I'm just not sure I see the utility for Golden State here -- especially if you don't have them starting Farmar. It's one thing if you're saying that they get the PG of the future here.  But if you're going to have Monta stick the point anyway and move Maggette to the two, Farmar loses value...and I really don't see why the Jax-Harrington for Odom-VladRad part is a move the Dubs want.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 01:24:32 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Trade to help the Lakers and Kobe huh? How about Andrew Bynum and Farmar to the C's for Scalabrine and Cassell? Hopefully your friend is Kupchack.

A little worried about Kobe and the Alien in the same backcourt. i could either see Kobe stealing the ball from his own teammate as Sam pounds the ball in the ground. Or Kobe simply murdering him. Having a rape and amurder to his name is sort of a bad thing though :-\

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 01:25:29 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
That was a poor trade, but it was more for a friend, and I want to see Jackson wing a ring again, and it won't happen in GS for sure with Davis gone. But I've put together one more that makes more sense for each team.

Lakers get Redd, Villaneauva?, Charlie Bell, Mason
Bucks get Odom, Radmanovic, Vujacic and Ariza

The Bucks succeed in ridding themselves of Redd's big contract, along with expiring Odom, Ariza, and w/e Vujacic possibly signs for a big one year contract to expire maybe. Radmanovic would be that Villa replacement that can shoot better in 3 point land.
The Lakers get that offense that they need so badly with Redd, along with Bell and Mason good players, and Villa just needs to be coached better to be better.

Shout out to myself for getting my 100th post here!!!
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2008, 02:04:02 AM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
That was a poor trade, but it was more for a friend, and I want to see Jackson wing a ring again, and it won't happen in GS for sure with Davis gone. But I've put together one more that makes more sense for each team.

Lakers get Redd, Villaneauva?, Charlie Bell, Mason
Bucks get Odom, Radmanovic, Vujacic and Ariza

The Bucks succeed in ridding themselves of Redd's big contract, along with expiring Odom, Ariza, and w/e Vujacic possibly signs for a big one year contract to expire maybe. Radmanovic would be that Villa replacement that can shoot better in 3 point land.
The Lakers get that offense that they need so badly with Redd, along with Bell and Mason good players, and Villa just needs to be coached better to be better.

Shout out to myself for getting my 100th post here!!!

Congrats for your 10th post.

I like this trade very much, as a Celtics fan. Unfortunaly, it's wildly unrealistic.

Sessions/Mo/Lue
Vujacic/Mo/Ariza
Jefferson/Ariza/Rad/Alexander
Odom/Rad/Alexander/Malik
Bogut/Gadz/Malik

Decent team and great salary situation for the Bucks.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2008, 11:48:49 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sorry.  Involuntary response to trades that help the Lakers. 

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Trade to help the Lakers and Kobe huh? How about Andrew Bynum and Farmar to the C's for Scalabrine and Cassell? Hopefully your friend is Kupchack.

A little worried about Kobe and the Alien in the same backcourt. i could either see Kobe stealing the ball from his own teammate as Sam pounds the ball in the ground. Or Kobe simply murdering him. Having a rape and amurder to his name is sort of a bad thing though :-\

This is one that Danny needs to hear about.  I think I'd even throw in a second round draft pick or cash considerations.

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2008, 02:14:21 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
I don't want to help the lakers win, it just would have been fun to see the series go to game 7, OR, see a rematch next year, and I don't see them doing that with their current roster. odom won't fit in as SF with Gasol and Bynum. He'll have to either go to the bench or get traded.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2008, 06:26:05 AM »

Offline heatnum119

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
  • Stan Van Gundy after losing in the semis.
I thought this thread was going to ask if right now, given the current states of the Lakers and C's which team would you rather have if they were to switch jerseys? 

*Obviously this is a giant hypothetical and it may comprimise some fan's loyalty, but as Jack Burton days at a time like this "What the hell." Its the off-season.

-heat
"I can out learn you, I can out read you, I can out think you, and I can out philosophise you, and Im gonna out last you!...'I am like God, and God like me. I am large as God, he is as small as I. He cannot above me, nor I beneath him be.' Silesius ,17th century" -Max Cady

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2008, 06:36:15 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
There is absolutely no way GS would do that trade.