Author Topic: Ray Allen to Patriots?  (Read 12437 times)

Re: Ray Allen to Patriots?
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 02:28:05 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I would reply to this but my wrists were slapped for being insensitive for the last faux Ray Allen trade thread I did.

Just to clarify for the rest of the board, said wrist slapping wasn't done by the staff.  We don't mind the occasional silly thread.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 02:34:51 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Funny thread. ;D  Let's trade Ray Allen for the expiring contract of Curt Schilling, Alex Cora, and Clay Buchholz.  Ray Allen would be a top of the line SS with his smooth shooting stroke I mean flawless mechanics at short and one of the best 3 point shooting I mean on base percentage in the game.  Cora fits our backup PG someone who knows how to run the offense with limited errors I mean turnovers and will never hurt you.  Danny Ainge loves unproven guys with big upside and Buchholz has the hype.    Already having a no hitter I mean a 50 point game in his career he can slide into Ray's starting spot but won't be as consistent right off the bat(no pun intended).   Schilling's expiring contract will allow the C's to go after a big time free agent next offseason.  If he comes back at all this year it will be a PJ Brown role....  That's my creativity with intersports trades ;D

« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 02:35:44 AM »

Offline CelticBalla32

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 303
  • Anything is possible
You had my smiles until I saw "Ubunto."
Check out my blog, Chapsketblog - http://chapsketblog.wordpress.com/

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 01:47:19 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
If we're going to do cross sports trades, then we should go for Terrell Owens. He does have hops, as seen in some of his post touch down dances, and in last years celeb game. OR we could go with Brett Favre since he just won't retire but yet Green Bay won't release him. Plus the salaries are ironically pretty close. how's this line up sound

Favre
Rondo/TO
Pierce
Kg
Perkins

....just kidding
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Didn't Randy Moss play high school ball with Jason Williams?   He could be our backup SF and our 2 sport star ;D

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »

Offline BBS

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 11
I'm sorry but, the Pats only do this deal if Ray is able to play cornerback. :D