Author Topic: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?  (Read 91561 times)

Re: Are there any Terry Rozier fans left?
« Reply #255 on: January 28, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »

Offline osterhagen

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Let's see what he can do in these two weeks with no Smart.

So far this season he has been very inconsistent with some big time plays.

« Reply #256 on: January 28, 2018, 02:23:06 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Terry Rozier's best passing day of his career would make him the worst passing point guard starter in the league still.
Thank you!

Terry Rozier cannot run an offense.

That was my thought last night. Pure chaos.

I wouldn't be shocked if he's gone at the deadline in a package for a Hood or Favors type player.
Terry can be very valuable. He is a great athlete with the balls to take and make big shots. His athleticism allows him to rip down big rebounds and create tough looks out of nowhere. He can pester ballhandlers and play free safety in big moments (Pacers game).

But you cant ask him to do things that dont fit in that very particular skillset. You cant rely on his offense every night. He's too inconsistent. Shoots very bad percentages overall. You can't rely on him to stick to shooters like Korver, Klay and Curry off ball. I know that's a tall task for anyone, but Rozier gets lost more than most and those guys will make you pay time and time again. We've seen it too many times already. Most importantly you cant ask him to run an offense. He simply isnt a point gaurd. Ask him to initiate an offense and you are putting him in a position to fail.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #257 on: January 28, 2018, 02:30:14 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Last 8 games Terry is scoring 7 points a game on 31% fg, 21% 3pt% in 22.3 mpg.

The Celtics are 3-5 in those games.

Turns out the little hot streak was just that, a hot streak. Not Terry turning the corner.

This is a problem because our bench desperately needs 2 weeks ago's Terry Rozier.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #258 on: January 31, 2018, 10:16:23 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Terry Rozier's best passing day of his career would make him the worst passing point guard starter in the league still.
Thank you!

Terry Rozier cannot run an offense.

This did not age well.

#neverdoubted

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #259 on: January 31, 2018, 10:23:49 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
If only T-Rozay could have this type of intensity and focus every game.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #260 on: January 31, 2018, 10:24:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't get the Rozier hate. He has been 100 times better this season and is only getting better

« Reply #261 on: February 01, 2018, 12:42:01 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
It's amazing how well our offense runs when everyone is not standing around waiting for Kyrie to make a move.

« Reply #262 on: February 01, 2018, 01:02:20 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
It's amazing how well our offense runs when everyone is not standing around waiting for Kyrie to make a move.
Whenever that happens..its the coach's fault and not Kyrie.
And sometimes when scoring droughts happen..we need Kyrie to manufactur points.
Now If only T. Ro can find some consistent rhythm and not fall back to his usual pedestrian stat line after a good game, then I believe this team can go on another winning streak..but Rozier has to be consistent.

« Reply #263 on: February 01, 2018, 02:03:55 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
The thread that never dies

« Reply #264 on: February 01, 2018, 09:36:47 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
The thread that never dies
Because we love our triple double machine.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #265 on: February 01, 2018, 09:57:25 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
Awesome game by Rozier. He continues to grow as a player and his defense could wind up being incredibly important against quicker PG's in the playoffs. Great stuff.

But for a little perspective, the only other player to have a triple-double in his first NBA start is Tony Wroten who is currently... not in the league. Let's remember just how important a single game is.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #266 on: February 01, 2018, 10:54:34 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
I felt like the 10 assists were more a function of the Celtics playing the right way than they were of some court vision epiphany by Rozier.  They cut and screened themselves open all night... made Rozier's job pretty easy.

Having said that, this was a huge improvement on the one-on-five offense that Rozier normally tries.  We don't need him to be Chris Paul... we just need him to understand that he does, in fact, have teammates.  If he ever displays a consistent ability to run an offense, then he'll have a job in this league for a long time. 

« Reply #267 on: February 01, 2018, 11:30:10 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I felt like the 10 assists were more a function of the Celtics playing the right way than they were of some court vision epiphany by Rozier.  They cut and screened themselves open all night... made Rozier's job pretty easy.

Having said that, this was a huge improvement on the one-on-five offense that Rozier normally tries.  We don't need him to be Chris Paul... we just need him to understand that he does, in fact, have teammates.  If he ever displays a consistent ability to run an offense, then he'll have a job in this league for a long time. 

I think you're underselling how much he was looking to pass in the 2nd half. He had a few buckets I was surprised weren't counted as assists. And he never stayed still after passing, so he'd pass/hand off, move, get the ball back, move, pass, move, get the ball back, assist.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #268 on: February 01, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

I think you're underselling how much he was looking to pass in the 2nd half. He had a few buckets I was surprised weren't counted as assists. And he never stayed still after passing, so he'd pass/hand off, move, get the ball back, move, pass, move, get the ball back, assist.

I would like to point out he also has a few buckets that were very generous assists. Got some home court cooking in that regard. But regardless that kid played great, it helps that the team played well around him (Jaylen, Tatum, Morris, Horford).

« Reply #269 on: February 01, 2018, 01:31:52 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
This thread is a prime example of why the Eye Test can be more important then stats.

The stats tell you that IT is a better offensive player then Kyrie last year.  The eyes test removes any debate.

The stats tell you Rozier is the worst rotational player in the NBA? That never passed the eye test and its pretty clearly wrong.