Author Topic: Time to give the Perk-Green trade talk a break.  (Read 11790 times)

Re: Can we end the talk about no longer discussing the Perk-Green trade?
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2013, 01:23:12 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Man, you know better than to discuss the discussion about the lack of perk trade discussion.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: Time to give the Perk-Green trade talk a break.
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2013, 01:56:03 AM »

Offline jojowhite10

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 49
I don't understand why my friends all seem to think of elephants when I'm screaming "ELEPHANT! ELEPHANT!" over there in the corner of the room.

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 02:02:56 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I don't understand why my friends all seem to think of elephants when I'm screaming "ELEPHANT! ELEPHANT!" over there in the corner of the room.

that trade would have been a home-freakin-run had Shaq stayed healthy. 

At the time this thread was started, there was another Perk / Green thread that was active and generating discussion.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Arguing about whether we can argue about arguing something too much! Harharhar!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 867
Maybe what should be done is to combine the two topics that have the most dissention and resiliency; somehow splice together a tread about Rondo with the Perk-Green Trade topic.  Kind of like the Jeopardy before and after category:

Rondo is can't shoot...shoot we never should have traded Perk.

OK, maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2013, 05:12:04 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I find that not many people ever change their opinion based on another persons stance. So if you are annoyed with that you'd have to close just about every thread

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2013, 05:15:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I find that not many people ever change their opinion based on another persons stance. So if you are annoyed with that you'd have to close just about every thread

"not many people" -- debatable.

Good arguments sway my mind usually. But, most people can't make convincing arguments.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Good arguments sway my mind usually. But, most people can't make convincing arguments.

This should be the slogan for the forums.

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2013, 06:18:42 PM »

Offline Prof. Clutch

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 237
  • Mind Games
In the spirit of discussing unnecessary threads, I think this very thread fits that mold perfectly.  CB has always taken the "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" stance with its posters, that seems like a good attitude to take in regards to any thread you're not interested in.  If it harms no one and doesn't break the site rules, then ignore it and find a different thread that interests you.  As others have already pointed out in this thread, creating a new thread about a topic you don't want people to discuss probably isn't the most effective method for making it go away.  No offense.

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
In the spirit of discussing unnecessary threads, I think this very thread fits that mold perfectly.  CB has always taken the "if you don't like it, go somewhere else" stance with its posters, that seems like a good attitude to take in regards to any thread you're not interested in.  If it harms no one and doesn't break the site rules, then ignore it and find a different thread that interests you.  As others have already pointed out in this thread, creating a new thread about a topic you don't want people to discuss probably isn't the most effective method for making it go away.  No offense.

tp