Author Topic: Someone needs to step up  (Read 358 times)

Someone needs to step up
« on: July 03, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
we have a lot of guys that will be fighting it out for minutes. We are too good to get a top pick and not good enough to be a contender. we need a star but there seems to be no clear way to get one soon. So someone needs to step up. I hate to say it but a big difference from this summer to the one in 07 when we got KG and Ray is that Jefferson and Green at least looked like better assets than the guys we have now.

Hopefully this season will be the perfect setting for a guy or two or 3 to really step up. Lets look at a few that could:

Smart: He looked so much better by the end of the seaso the when it started. I expect he will keep improving the question is how how much and how fast.

Crowder: He seemed to get it at the end. I might get let down, but I have high hopes for him based on watching his progress last season.

Zeller: As Tommy says, his hands are crazy good. There is so much opportunity at the 5 spot, hopefully Zeller can step up and command the starting spot and big minutes by the season's end.

Turner: He did better than expected last year, he is still young and is up for a new contract after next season.

Young: Lets see what he brings to the table.

My point is that these guys (and others) are not worth very much at all around the league. A year of stepping it up and they could have a lot of value. Players do it every year. It's a fight for minutes at every position right now, hopefully that turns out to be a good thing in the long run.