Poll

Which AD line do you prefer

Irving, Smart, Hayward, Tatum, Davis
17 (54.8%)
Irving, Brown, Hayward, Davis, Horford
14 (45.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: Just curious which line up do you prefer?  (Read 4611 times)

Re: Just curious which line up do you prefer?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 01:06:32 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Irving, Smart, Brown, Davis, Horford

^^ this is my preferred lineup too. But if I had to choose between the 2 options, I think option has a better shot at winning it all. Today’s game isn’t about speed, as some would like to think. It’s about versatility on both ends
- LilRip

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 02:43:58 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I picked Horford and Brown.
There seems to be a lot of people who have yet to understand the value of Al Horford to our team.

Tatum will develop, but right now, his def isn't very good.

Agree and disagree.

Disagree about Tatum not being very good. He's extremely good but he'd be the main piece going to N'Orleans

Agree about Horford. Good player, leader, veteran and someone who can help sell Boston to the Unibrow.
I think he meant defensively Tatum isn't very good. I think that is fair for how he has played defense as a whole this year, but Tatum proved in last year's playoffs that he can play very good defense.

Yeah I said 'his def isn't very good', obviously his is a tremendous off player / scorer / shooter. 

I should have said this year.  I don't really know what happened this year.  Last year he gave more effort on def, seemed to play def with more intensity and used his length better, and hustled more.  He goes for the shot fake way too much, and for a guy with such great length doesn't really make it hard for the guy he guards.

That said, I don't think NO is going to mind, they just need someone that can be a star for them going forward, and Tatum might be that for them.

I just hope Tatum gets back to being more a pest on defense once we get to the playoffs, like he was last year.

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2019, 05:18:41 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Neither.

I’d rather have Irving/Smart/Hayward/Davis/Horford.

Would be ridiculous defensively and Smart doesn’t need the ball (and knows how to move it when he gets it).

Would love to find a way to keep Smart AND Brown, but if it’s one or the other, I’ll meep Marcus.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 06:01:44 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
10 to 10 even split so far. Interesting

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2019, 06:05:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Smart .  A team needs to play hard on both ends of a court

« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2019, 08:46:25 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Obviously Tatum is significantly better than Brown and it's not even close.
IMO, that's the biggest factor but Smart over Horford is also preferred b/c he brings more unique things.  I love Horford, but if you have Davis, I give up Al in favor of having the 'swiss army knife'  uber-defender Smart.

I chose lineup #1 and it didn't take long to decide.

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2019, 08:53:16 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
both have holes.

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2019, 09:43:58 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
So if I am following this, what this is really asking is would you rather trade:

Horford and Brown
or
Tatum and Smart

for Davis.  I like the line-up with Horford and Davis better.  I like all 4 players but willing to give up any of them for Davis.  Tatum and Davis as the front court is not enough size.  I like Tatum and don't want to lose him but I like Brown too.  I am not afraid to trade Tatum for Davis and certainly not Tatum and Smart.

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2019, 09:51:54 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Definitely the one with Smart and Tatum simply because they're younger and the way the assets match up these are better.  But I think in reality you're going to be losing Tatum if you get AD no matter what, thought it's certainly not a given. 

And then you'll surely get to keep Horford if desired, and after that it's just a Q of if 1 of Brown or Smart have to go too.  So I'm not sure about these lineups above because I don't think there's a world where we get to keep both both JT & Smart, and I think we should probably be able to avoid giving both of them up too, unless we don't get an MLE guy or would rather keep Brown than Smart (both possible). 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
My answer is neither.  As good as davis is, and there is no disputing that, He is not worth what it would take to get him.  Don't get me wrong, I would give up tatum and 3-4 first round picks for him.  The problem is that is not enough due to the cap.  Tatum, smart, brown plus picks...no thanks, not for 3 of our top 6 players.  Beal is the same situation.  I would rather go after someone who has yet to get the big money.  I wanted porzingis.  I would go after doncic, towns, heild, miles turner, sabonis, markkenen, etc.  Would Brown and 3-4 first round picks get that done?  A team like chicage could use quantity over quality right?  THe C's just do not have the matching contracts without gutting the team...

« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 02:21:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Neither.

I’d rather have Irving/Smart/Hayward/Davis/Horford.

Would be ridiculous defensively and Smart doesn’t need the ball (and knows how to move it when he gets it).

Would love to find a way to keep Smart AND Brown, but if it’s one or the other, I’ll meep Marcus.

I think they would want Tatum and Smart. Tatum is more talented than Brown and Smart is a good combo guard to pair with Holiday. Ainge would have to re-sign Rozier to backup Irving

« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:59 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Any lineup that has Marcus Smart.

He is our Heart and Soul.

Imagine Smart and a much-improved Kyrie Irving being the first line of defense, and THEN having to deal with a roaming Al Horford AND Anthony Davis.

That lineup has the potential to be as good as the PP-KG-RA teams defensively, imo.

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2019, 02:29:45 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Imagine Smart and a much-improved Kyrie Irving being the first line of defense, and THEN having to deal with a roaming Al Horford AND Anthony Davis.

That lineup has the potential to be as good as the PP-KG-RA teams defensively, imo.

So Tatum + Jaylen, you think?

Horford
Davis
Hayward
Smart
Kyrie

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2019, 02:42:48 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

So Tatum + Jaylen, you think?

Horford
Davis
Hayward
Smart
Kyrie

As much as I'd hate to see both of them go that lineup you posted - with a healthy GH - can win several banners.

If we managed to somehow keep JB that would be even better. But I doubt that NOH wouldn't ask for AT LEAST JT and JB.

It would be perfect to me if we could somehow keep JB and he be our 6th Man. But his star is so bright he'd deserve to start somewhere.

« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 03:18:53 PM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
UNless we can sign a MLE from the buyouts for 2 years, then smart either has to be in trade(or GH,AH,KI of course) or it would be like 6 for 1 with JT,JB,AB, SO,RW, and YAB.  UNless I am missing something with 1st round picks already drafted...