Author Topic: Celtics (55-24) at Heat (55-24) 4/10  (Read 84035 times)

Re: Celtics (55-24) at Heat (55-24) 4/10
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »

Offline Original Creation

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Yeah, most games I think too much emphasis is put on the rebounding margin and the number of offensive boards.  It's sometimes deceiving.  More so, the percentage of available rebounds gotten or 50/50s is more telling.  But, today, there is no hiding behind those type of things.  Plain and simple, we got out-hustled and beaten up.  

On a related topic, maybe if we started to BOX OUT a little bit?  I know, I know.  This is the NBA, and boxing out is for college kids.  But a little bit of the basics might at least put a bandaid on our issue.

« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2011, 06:57:37 PM »

• Xavier Tillman
But, see, Ray is strange like that.  Recall last year he would be ghost for stretches -- especially in playoff series.  I don't think it's so much age.  I think it's a product of ball movement and team play.  Too much iso and Ray is useless practically.

I agree with this, but I see very frequently we try to get Ray shots, to a fault...which leads to a lot of rushed shots at the end of the shot clock....a lot of these shots are BBD shots instead of Ray Allen jumpers.
Great observation.  I'll add to that the emergence of shot clock violations against us.  It's baffling.  It's as if they're over-thinking the game.

« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2011, 07:02:11 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
But, see, Ray is strange like that.  Recall last year he would be ghost for stretches -- especially in playoff series.  I don't think it's so much age.  I think it's a product of ball movement and team play.  Too much iso and Ray is useless practically.

you notice how the ball always seems to find baby late in the shot clock? baffles me

I agree with this, but I see very frequently we try to get Ray shots, to a fault...which leads to a lot of rushed shots at the end of the shot clock....a lot of these shots are BBD shots instead of Ray Allen jumpers.
Great observation.  I'll add to that the emergence of shot clock violations against us.  It's baffling.  It's as if they're over-thinking the game.

« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2011, 07:10:22 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Somewhere in between the end of the 1st quarter and the start of the 2nd....if we had just taken care of the ball and not made dumb turnovers we could have limited a lot of the points the Heat were not getting prior to the transition game.

If we just played normal, safe, ran our own offense like we did coming right out of the gate in the 1st quarter we could have extended our early 9 point lead.

There were a lot of early game Heat points that we gifted them...they didn't earn them.

They got confidence from those points and then we started to miss shots....the Heat's defensive energy picked up and our slump played right into the Heat's D.

« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »

• Xavier Tillman
Somewhere in between the end of the 1st quarter and the start of the 2nd....if we had just taken care of the ball and not made dumb turnovers we could have limited a lot of the points the Heat were not getting prior to the transition game.

If we just played normal, safe, ran our own offense like we did coming right out of the gate in the 1st quarter we could have extended our early 9 point lead.

There were a lot of early game Heat points that we gifted them...they didn't earn them.

They got confidence from those points and then we started to miss shots....the Heat's defensive energy picked up and our slump played right into the Heat's D.

Without a doubt.  Miami is completely a front-running team, led by the greatest front-runner in sports (James).  And they are certainly a team that loves to get out and run.  Turnovers are bad enough, but our tendency to go one-and-done piles on the pain.  And, let's face it, we were downright sloppy today.  Completely unfocused.  Scary for what should have been a game that featured two teams that have their eyes on the prize.

« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2011, 07:20:44 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
i just don't see how boston was beaten so badly on the boards by this heat team. just unreal

Jermaine Oneal and Kristic combine for 0 rebounds. That's a pretty good way of gettin that done
Pretty much only if we had someone like OKC got at the deadline in that guy Perkins
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:23 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11844
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Speaks volumes when Mike Bibby out rebounds 2 Celtics centers combined.   

« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
i just don't see how boston was beaten so badly on the boards by this heat team. just unreal

Jermaine Oneal and Kristic combine for 0 rebounds. That's a pretty good way of gettin that done

What i don't like is that they both combined for 28 minutes. So, if you include Murphy's garbage time minutes, we went a full 17 min without a 7 footer in the lineup? For what?

« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2011, 08:37:01 PM »

Offline jaser

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 18
This unfortunate injury started it all...

« Reply #459 on: April 11, 2011, 03:46:39 AM »

Offline Andrew

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Let's go Heat  :P