Author Topic: Shams: Monroe to C’s on 10-day contract  (Read 12803 times)

Re: Shams: Monroe to C’s on 10-day contract
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2019, 01:31:01 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Hey at least he knows the Raptors sets, right? ‍♂️

This is what I mean about Danny though, man. Makes absolutely no sense. Rob should be getting as many minutes as possible right now, so they sign a guy that was proven worthless to us.

Danny will never understand certain things and neither will Brad.

And if you look at it, they have NEVER developed any talent they drafted because of that ridiculous revolving door Danny creates.

He really does remind me of Pitino, and to a much worse level Jerry Krauss. Doing all kinds of idiotic things to prove he's so clever over and over.

Uuuugh...

Does it really matter if Rob loses his man a few times that they can't play him at all?  Absolutely not.

Brad and Danny needs to go

But yet they'll stick with a stiff like young and Mickey for years...which really didn't matter because they hardly got on the floor anyway.

Both those guys are young talent killers...no wonder Jackson told them to kick rocks.

Really reminds you of Pitino?

And another Cblogger with terrible hot takes and incessant complaining for 100...

I'm just tired of those 2 guys right now...one with his revolving door and the other with his bone-headed non effective defensive scheme.

Danny does remind me of the GM Pitino, and Brad reminds me of the coach Pitino.

They both need to go like Pitino.  Sorry to disrupt the great season you're having.

We're ranked 5th in defensive rating in the league.

We have a surplus of assets and young stars in the Jay Team, our young coach's only blemish this year is that he has been too in love with certain rotations, and been terrible at calling timeouts/making adjusted defensive assignments.

I would like you to look at yourself in the mirror while turning on any Pitino's highlights and determine for yourself whether or not Pitino is 'worse,' or even comparable to Danny Ainge......

This is what I mean about Danny though, man. Makes absolutely no sense. Rob should be getting as many minutes as possible right now, so they sign a guy that was proven worthless to us.

And if you look at it, they have NEVER developed any talent they drafted because of that ridiculous revolving door Danny creates.

He really does remind me of Pitino, and to a much worse level Jerry Krauss. Doing all kinds of idiotic things to prove he's so clever over and over.

Uuuugh...

Does it really matter if Rob loses his man a few times that they can't play him at all?  Absolutely not.

But yet they'll stick with a stiff like young and Mickey for years...which really didn't matter because they hardly got on the floor anyway.

Both those guys are young talent killers...no wonder Jackson told them to kick rocks.
Laughable. RWill is way too raw to be getting minutes.

Monroe gave us 10/6 last season. I love Rob, but he isn't even close to that.

Has Smart not developed at all? Has Brown? Has Rozier? What about AB? Or do those guys not exist?

The emboldened is especially ridiculous. "Does it matter if Rob costs us points while he's on the floor?" is essentially what you're saying, considering what our defence is based on.

Man, so much ridiculousness in one post.

And does Brad even have a defensive coach? Does he even have a staff this season?

Something is really really wrong this year.
Do you even watch the games? You can see the five assistants Brad has on the bench at all times.
https://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/coaches

No...I HAVE STOPPED WATCHING THIS TEAM.

It's also funny Rob gets less effective the more time he has under these dudes.

It's whatever though...sooner or later yall will see the obvious.

It's inevitable.

What does a rookie center have to do with anything?

What is he, Jesus? Going to block every shot into oblivion and lead us to the championship?

Get real dude, life and basketball, especially doesn't work because you can wave a magic wand, and any problems/chemistry issues will suddenly just disappear into thin air.

You mean Pitino being so hard-headed and rigid with his switching, trapping and ineffective system that basically gave other teams a good workout?

You mean Pitino being so impatient, emotional, and quick to get other players he thought would help his system because he was again so hard-headed?  It does sound familiar.

Do you really think Kyrie, Davis and Hayward are gonna take you to the promised land?  2 guys that can't play defense? With a defensive scheme that doesn't work and a coach that has no idea how to use a traditional big?

That sounds more like wand-waving to me than having a team that's more balanced with talented and aggressive players that's capable of defense.

But like I said...we will surely see.

Oh, and with Kyrie basically letting Davis and Hayward have the ball when he thinks it's their turn to score?

Next year is gonna be fun actually. I will bet anyone 14 tp's Brad won't be here at the end of next year.

Something tells me Danny will, unfortunately.

You basically compared Stevens to Pitino, that tells me enough.

I don't get your AD, Kyrie, and GH rant to be honest.... How are 3 All-Stars not conductive to winning a championship? I was under the impression that the more stars you have, the higher chances of winning increases?

Also I will be willing to take you upon that bet of 14 TP's.

Allstars are meaningless unless you have the right ones together.

Jayson, JB, and Terry will surely be gone, so who exactly will be stopping anyone?  You think Smart is gonna stop 5 guys?

More importantly, do actually believe Hayward is a franchise guy to build around?

As much as yall see my posts as being from a ranting lunatic, that's about the same way I see 80% of other posts on here.

We will see...and I hope I have more tp's to add to that bet next year :)

Terry/Jayson aren't exactly world-beaters on defense, and if anything, other than Brown, all 3 of those mentioned players are average defenders. Brown is excellent at 1 on 1, but he's awful at switching/slow to help defensive rotations. So tell me how a team that doesn't have that many plus defenders, but a great system implemented by a good coach, (apparently he's one of the worst based on

And who said anything about a franchise player in Hayward? I certainly don't, and it's unfair to expect anything less unless Hayward has shown or proven that he is 100% healthy.

In a tradition defense, all those guys are capable of being lock-down defenders.  Al would be much more effective and so would Morris, Ojeleye, Theis, Baynes, Williams....basically everybody.

Terry can stay in front of anyone if he put his mind to it, and Jayson has length and physical gifts to roam around like Scottie. JB is quick and strong enough to give the other teams fits too. Matter fact, the only reason why they're even seen as a defensive powerhouse is because of the personnel...NOT the system.

It amazes me how everyone gives that system a pass. If you can even call it that from what i've seen most of the year.

And if you don't see Hayward like that, then why does everybody want that team next year, while giving away the young guys to do it?

Traditional defense? You mean strictly man to man defense?... I don't get your point, and also NOT every roster or team has the luxury of having above average defender. That is just not how things work in the NBA. Plus the new set of rules that protect guards and prevent hand-checking has made it almost impossible to completely shut and lock down another player.

Ummm, sure Rozier could lock down someone, but when's the last time that has actually happened? Putting your mind sounds like something my guidance counselor used to once tell me. But I then asked her the same question, "If you put your mind to it, wouldn't you want to be something other than a middle school public school guidance counselor with your life?" Needless to say, that conversation and discussion didn't end on good terms lol.

Also, I know you did not just compare one of the greatest defensive small forwards in the history of the NBA to Jayson Tatum...

The players are defined by how successful they are at buying into the system... The system doesn't defy how successful players are... It's the same argument people made that Kawhi was simply a 'system,' player. That was inherently true at first, but later on Kawhi became the 'system,' just like how Steph Curry is the 'system,' to his team's offense.

As for the Hayward part, well... It's not like he's a slouch on offense/defense. We've seen what type of player Hayward can become, it's just whether or not he can reach any semblance of that in propensity. A big 3 of Kyrie, Gordon, and AD is pretty devastating.

That's all defense really is...putting your mind to it, or wanting to do it.

They just feel like it makes no sense because they see everyone to a man constantly get burned.  I wouldn't give that kind of effort either on this particular team. They can't even do that in a switching system anyway. Tell me how is this defense supposed to stop anyone? Where you can't put a hand or forearm on anyone, but you're constantly switching to a man already in motion? What are yall thinking they're supposed to do with that? It's like fighting a war with no gun.

It's also the reason why some of these guys think Paul wasn't a lockdown defender when he was younger, when there was many times he would get low and strip players off the dribble as soon as he got in the league, but did less of that when year after year they never got any decent players beside him and Antoine.

I see the same thing with this team this year. They may not say much, but they have a brain, man.

« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2019, 01:38:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Uuuugh...

And another Cblogger with terrible hot takes and incessant complaining for 100...

I'm just tired of those 2 guys right now...one with his revolving door and the other with his bone-headed non effective defensive scheme.

They both need to go like Pitino.  Sorry to disrupt the great season you're having.

We have a surplus of assets and young stars in the Jay Team, our young coach's only blemish this year is that he has been too in love with certain rotations, and been terrible at calling timeouts/making adjusted defensive assignments.

I would like you to look at yourself in the mirror while turning on any Pitino's highlights and determine for yourself whether or not Pitino is 'worse,' or even comparable to Danny Ainge......

Uuuugh...

Has Smart not developed at all? Has Brown? Has Rozier? What about AB? Or do those guys not exist?

The emboldened is especially ridiculous. "Does it matter if Rob costs us points while he's on the floor?" is essentially what you're saying, considering what our defence is based on.

And does Brad even have a defensive coach? Does he even have a staff this season?

Do you even watch the games? You can see the five assistants Brad has on the bench at all times.

It's inevitable.

What is he, Jesus? Going to block every shot into oblivion and lead us to the championship?

Get real dude, life and basketball, especially doesn't work because you can wave a magic wand, and any problems/chemistry issues will suddenly just disappear into thin air.

You mean Pitino being so hard-headed and rigid with his switching, trapping and ineffective system that basically gave other teams a good workout?

You mean Pitino being so impatient, emotional, and quick to get other players he thought would help his system because he was again so hard-headed?  It does sound familiar.

Do you really think Kyrie, Davis and Hayward are gonna take you to the promised land?  2 guys that can't play defense? With a defensive scheme that doesn't work and a coach that has no idea how to use a traditional big?

That sounds more like wand-waving to me than having a team that's more balanced with talented and aggressive players that's capable of defense.

Oh, and with Kyrie basically letting Davis and Hayward have the ball when he thinks it's their turn to score?

Next year is gonna be fun actually. I will bet anyone 14 tp's Brad won't be here at the end of next year.

I don't get your AD, Kyrie, and GH rant to be honest.... How are 3 All-Stars not conductive to winning a championship? I was under the impression that the more stars you have, the higher chances of winning increases?

Jayson, JB, and Terry will surely be gone, so who exactly will be stopping anyone?  You think Smart is gonna stop 5 guys?

More importantly, do actually believe Hayward is a franchise guy to build around?

As much as yall see my posts as being from a ranting lunatic, that's about the same way I see 80% of other posts on here.

Terry/Jayson aren't exactly world-beaters on defense, and if anything, other than Brown, all 3 of those mentioned players are average defenders. Brown is excellent at 1 on 1, but he's awful at switching/slow to help defensive rotations. So tell me how a team that doesn't have that many plus defenders, but a great system implemented by a good coach, (apparently he's one of the worst based on

And who said anything about a franchise player in Hayward? I certainly don't, and it's unfair to expect anything less unless Hayward has shown or proven that he is 100% healthy.

In a tradition defense, all those guys are capable of being lock-down defenders.  Al would be much more effective and so would Morris, Ojeleye, Theis, Baynes, Williams....basically everybody.

Terry can stay in front of anyone if he put his mind to it, and Jayson has length and physical gifts to roam around like Scottie. JB is quick and strong enough to give the other teams fits too. Matter fact, the only reason why they're even seen as a defensive powerhouse is because of the personnel...NOT the system.

It amazes me how everyone gives that system a pass. If you can even call it that from what i've seen most of the year.

And if you don't see Hayward like that, then why does everybody want that team next year, while giving away the young guys to do it?

Traditional defense? You mean strictly man to man defense?... I don't get your point, and also NOT every roster or team has the luxury of having above average defender. That is just not how things work in the NBA. Plus the new set of rules that protect guards and prevent hand-checking has made it almost impossible to completely shut and lock down another player.

Ummm, sure Rozier could lock down someone, but when's the last time that has actually happened? Putting your mind sounds like something my guidance counselor used to once tell me. But I then asked her the same question, "If you put your mind to it, wouldn't you want to be something other than a middle school public school guidance counselor with your life?" Needless to say, that conversation and discussion didn't end on good terms lol.

Also, I know you did not just compare one of the greatest defensive small forwards in the history of the NBA to Jayson Tatum...

The players are defined by how successful they are at buying into the system... The system doesn't defy how successful players are... It's the same argument people made that Kawhi was simply a 'system,' player. That was inherently true at first, but later on Kawhi became the 'system,' just like how Steph Curry is the 'system,' to his team's offense.

As for the Hayward part, well... It's not like he's a slouch on offense/defense. We've seen what type of player Hayward can become, it's just whether or not he can reach any semblance of that in propensity. A big 3 of Kyrie, Gordon, and AD is pretty devastating.

They just feel like it makes no sense because they see everyone to a man constantly get burned. I wouldn't give that kind of effort either on this particular team. They can't even do that in a switching system anyway. Tell me how is this defense supposed to stop anyone? Where you can't put a hand or forearm on anyone, but you're constantly switching to a man already in motion? What are yall thinking they're supposed to do with that? It's like fighting a war with no gun.

It's also the reason why some of these guys think Paul wasn't a lockdown defender when he was younger, when there was many times he would get low and strip players off the dribble as soon as he got in the league, but did less of that when year after year they never got any decent players beside him and Antoine.

I see the same thing with this team this year. They may not say much, but they have a brain, man.

That is a terrible take, and that is on the players onus to match the effort whether or not your teammate or you, yourself, gets burned on defense.

By making it tough for offensive players to make a shot.. Hence, the reason why we are ranked 5th in defensive rating..

Paul was never a good defender until Rivers got here. Another player that was grossly overrated defensively was CP3. Generating a lot of steals led to misconception that you were a good defender, which is just not true. But defensive variables and measurements all vary.

Well, glad to see how you really feel.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we made ECF. What do you say then?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2019, 01:39:59 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
If anyone can tell me the benefits of this defensive system with these rules today, then maybe I wouldn't be so anti-Brad.

I doubt anyone can, though

« Reply #63 on: March 23, 2019, 01:40:12 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
This thread is honestly hilarious right now

Don't you just love p---ing contests?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #64 on: March 23, 2019, 01:41:00 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
If anyone can tell me the benefits of this defensive system with these rules today, then maybe I wouldn't be so anti-Brad.

You should really post this same sentiment at Celtics reddit, and I'm sure they'll share the same as well.

« Reply #65 on: March 23, 2019, 01:43:09 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Uuuugh...

Uuuugh...

It's inevitable.

They just feel like it makes no sense because they see everyone to a man constantly get burned. I wouldn't give that kind of effort either on this particular team. They can't even do that in a switching system anyway. Tell me how is this defense supposed to stop anyone? Where you can't put a hand or forearm on anyone, but you're constantly switching to a man already in motion? What are yall thinking they're supposed to do with that? It's like fighting a war with no gun.

That is a terrible take, and that is on the players onus to match the effort whether or not your teammate or you, yourself, gets burned on defense.

By making it tough for offensive players to make a shot.. Hence, the reason why we are ranked 5th in defensive rating..

Paul was never a good defender until Rivers got here. Another player that was grossly overrated defensively was CP3. Generating a lot of steals led to misconception that you were a good defender, which is just not true. But defensive variables and measurements all vary.

I can see you don't remember much about Paul's first few years, so i'll leave that alone.

But I would like your answer on my last post  :)

« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2019, 01:46:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Pretty simple to be honest. The switching is done in order to prevent wide open 3’s as a result of getting hung up on screens. The game offensively has changed with the emphasis on the 3 being paramount. So defenses have adjusted to make sure open looks are prevented. This is also the reason why you see a lot of switching on off-ball action.

Your “traditional” defense where a player stuck to his man no matter what would get absolutely obliterated in today’s game.

« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2019, 01:47:03 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford
Just tell me why a switching defense is better than man or zone, when today's rules state you can't hand-check or put a forearm out while they're backing you down.

That's all i'm asking...

« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2019, 01:50:59 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Pretty simple to be honest. The switching is done in order to prevent wide open 3’s as a result of getting hung up on screens. The game offensively has changed with the emphasis on the 3 being paramount. So defenses have adjusted to make sure open looks are prevented. This is also the reason why you see a lot of switching on off-ball action.

Your “traditional” defense where a player stuck to his man no matter what would get absolutely obliterated in today’s game.

Yeah, but the game hasn't really changed. They been shooting 3's before I even started watching.

You know what they did to stop them?  They fought over the pick or slid under and STILL stopped their man.

Yall sound like we're in the 22nd century or something :)

You can't give a shooter that kind of space switching. It doesn't work and will never work.

You gotta fight through those picks no matter who you are. That was one of the main reasons strength was important in ball.

« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2019, 01:53:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Uuuugh...

Uuuugh...

It's inevitable.

I can see you don't remember much about Paul's first few years, so i'll leave that alone.

Yes, because he averaged the most SPG/BPG in his career, he was a great defender? If you remember his first few years, he did great on both ends, it wasn't until Rivers came that he focused more on help defense, which was a huge weakness in his game. Pierce had all the tools/intangibles to be a great defender with his size/height and weight. It was just his overall focus/confidence to do so.

One on one defense is always useful to have, but not every lock down defender is going to shut down someone like KD, Kobe, LBJ, or Curry...

Just tell me why a switching defense is better than man or zone, when today's rules state you can't hand-check or put a forearm out while they're backing you down.

That's all i'm asking...

Because zone is an outdated defensive scheme, which would get destroyed along with the man to man defense you keep mentioning.

Yeah, but the game hasn't really changed. They been shooting 3's before I even started watching.

You know what they did to stop them?  They fought over the pick or slid under and STILL stopped their man.

Yes they have... The average 3PA for a NBA team in 2010 was 18.4, the average 3PA for a NBA team now is 31.8... That's almost twice as much.

« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2019, 01:55:57 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Uuuugh...

Uuuugh...

It's inevitable.

Yes, because he averaged the most SPG/BPG in his career, he was a great defender? If you remember his first few years, he did great on both ends, it wasn't until Rivers came that he focused more on help defense, which was a huge weakness in his game. Pierce had all the tools/intangibles to be a great defender with his size/height and weight. It was just his overall focus/confidence to do so.

One on one defense is always useful to have, but not every lock down defender is going to shut down someone like KD, Kobe, LBJ, or Curry...

That's all i'm asking...

Because zone is an outdated defensive scheme, which would get destroyed along with the man to man defense you keep mentioning.
To be fair the 2-3 zone is one of Brad's defensive schemes he has up his sleeve that worked really well in crunch time situations in some games.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2019, 01:58:07 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Uuuugh...

Uuuugh...

It's inevitable.

That's all i'm asking...

To be fair the 2-3 zone is one of Brad's defensive schemes he has up his sleeve that worked really well in crunch time situations in some games.

I agree, Brad does use that occasionally, but only in certain matchups.

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:36 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

No they wouldn't...only thing that would happen is players like Booker would have never sniffed 70 points with players like even Spreewell on him.

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2019, 02:06:55 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

No they wouldn't...only thing that would happen is players like Booker would have never sniffed 70 points with players like even Spreewell on him.

Which is funny, because Latrell Sprewell is the exact player you were talking about when you mentioned defense is all about effort.

Sprewell was actually an underrated defender, and always seemed to give Kobe Byrant fits on defense.

« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »

Offline Triplenickle

• Al Horford

Uuuugh...

Uuuugh...

It's inevitable.

That's all i'm asking...

Yes they have... The average 3PA for a NBA team in 2010 was 18.4, the average 3PA for a NBA team now is 31.8... That's almost twice as much.

It's getting hard for me to follow with multi-quotes, but what you're forgetting is Paul was nearly great at everything but had to do whatever the team lacked at whatever particular year. How was he gonna be great switching when one of his primary jobs was rebounding whenever Antoine wasn't underneath? After Battie, there was no more rebounders...for years before and after.

He brought the ball up alot and usually had the other teams superstar on top of that.