Author Topic: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread  (Read 67430 times)

Re: Memphis Grizzlies 2018-2019 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2019, 02:13:53 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Tough remaining schedule for Memphis. I think they will need to sweep Dallas and win at least one more game just to have a chance at 9th. I think it's a very good chance the pick doesn't convey.

i'm convinced Cuban's gonna make sure they lose both those games...isn't their pick to hawks top 6 protected?

Players will play to win regardless like the 2013-2014 C’s

Dallas blew out Golden State 3/23. Then, last two games Luka sat  out and they won against OKC on the road and blew out a 76ers squad resting/sitting Embiid and Butler.

The last time Memphis rested Conley 3/25, Dorsey and Caboclo went off for 21 and 24 pts in a win against OKC

JaVale McGee’s chasing blocks/rebounds with intensity during meaningless games, for his next contract
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:25:35 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2019, 08:04:42 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
Conley's listed as doubtful for tomorrow @POR.

Valanciunas, Kyle Anderson, Jaren Jackson Jr., and Dillon Brooks are expected to miss the rest of the regular season.
Avery Bradley's still out and might not play again this season. Noah hasn't played in four games.

Probably safe to assume Conley (rested four times in March) will sit one of the back-to-back games 4/9-4/10 @DET and vs. GSW.

It's silly season, maybe they'll go 5-0...

« Reply #302 on: April 04, 2019, 06:46:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
@memgrizz injury report, April 5 at @dallasmavs:

https://twitter.com/grizzliespr/status/1113932627608838145?s=21

« Reply #303 on: April 04, 2019, 07:18:14 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
This dallas memphis game will not be nba quality.

« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2019, 12:41:35 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Griz won and Pels lost.

Looks like the 2019 Griz pick will convey.

Griz now have the #9 pick.

« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2019, 12:45:09 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Griz won and Pels lost.

Looks like the 2019 Griz pick will convey.

Griz now have the #9 pick.
lets see how the ping pong balls bounce 

« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2019, 03:11:04 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Well with Memphis is in 9th by half a game (1 less loss than NO and WAS), but its been a frustrating less couple of days. Every one of the six-nine teams lost Wednesday, but  there were some close games in there. And then today NO manages to lose to Phoenix. If things hold through the lottery the pick will convey, a huge shame given the loss of trade value that will result. Hard to see any path to not including Jayson Tatum in an AD trade in that scenario (probably already the case), and if we dont get AD then it will be very hard to manage around having four first round picks and no real way to have all those rookie on the team next year. Not to mention the 9th pick in a weak draft just isnt as high upside as a potential unprotected pick in 2021.

« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2019, 08:05:23 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Well with Memphis is in 9th by half a game (1 less loss than NO and WAS), but its been a frustrating less couple of days. Every one of the six-nine teams lost Wednesday, but  there were some close games in there. And then today NO manages to lose to Phoenix. If things hold through the lottery the pick will convey, a huge shame given the loss of trade value that will result. Hard to see any path to not including Jayson Tatum in an AD trade in that scenario (probably already the case), and if we dont get AD then it will be very hard to manage around having four first round picks and no real way to have all those rookie on the team next year. Not to mention the 9th pick in a weak draft just isnt as high upside as a potential unprotected pick in 2021.

Again. The pick loses Zero value. None.

Now it holds more value because it is actual salary that can be used in a deal.

Dont think for 1 second NOP will not be happy ending the season with potenial of 5 first round picks plus a player.

« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2019, 08:34:09 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Dont think for 1 second NOP will not be happy ending the season with potenial of 5 first round picks plus a player.

Normally I’d say those type of trades never work because the receiving team needs the roster space.  However, the Pelicans will only have 8 players under contract for next season.

I still think it loses value.  The potential of a top 5 pick 2 years from now is very appealing.  Greater chance of getting a franchise player there than around 10. Even it ends up not being a top 5 pick I can’t see it going much beyond 10 so I would rather it roll over if I were them.   I would rather take that risk. 

Edit

Imagine if the Grizzlies won the lottery, and got the 4th pick and drafted say Jeff Green, I mean Cam Reddish.  Haha

« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2019, 08:34:15 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

While it’s certainly possible (and would be great!) for Memphis to be terrible for two more years, gifting us with a high pick, people have decided it *will* happen. How many of you were dreaming earlier this year about the awesome pick Sacto was going to give us? It’s entirely possible Memphis will land about where it is now or do even better.

To me, silky hit the biggest issue. What really matters is whether we can get AD, and if so how much it’s going to cost. If the ninth pick conveys, we should have enough salary to get him without sending Brown or Smart. It would be Tatum, RWIII, plus filler/picks. Because  it’s tight, we probably need the ninth pick to convey to do that. Assuming that’s the deal we can make, do you still want the Memphis pick not to convey - so that we have to send two of Tatum, Smart, and Brown instead of just one?

My biggest worry is that Ainge and co know all this and reportedly want the pick not to convey this year. Which I am guessing means  they don’t think they can do a deal for AD without including two of Smart, Tatum, and Brown. I’d still do that deal but it’s a lot less exciting than if we could send only one of them...

« Reply #310 on: April 06, 2019, 08:39:37 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

While it’s certainly possible (and would be great!) for Memphis to be terrible for two more years, gifting us with a high pick, people have decided it *will* happen. How many of you were dreaming earlier this year about the awesome pick Sacto was going to give us? It’s entirely possible Memphis will land about where it is now or do even better.

To me, silky hit the biggest issue. What really matters is whether we can get AD, and if so how much it’s going to cost. If the ninth pick conveys, we should have enough salary to get him without sending Brown or Smart. It would be Tatum, RWIII, plus filler/picks. Because  it’s tight, we probably need the ninth pick to convey to do that. Assuming that’s the deal we can make, do you still want the Memphis pick not to convey - so that we have to send two of Tatum, Smart, and Brown - because of the possibility the pick will land near the top of the draft in a couple years?

My biggest worry is that Ainge and co know all this and reportedly want the pick not to convey this year. Which I am guessing means  they don’t think they can do a deal for AD without including two of Smart, Tatum, and Brown. I’d still do that deal but it’s a lot less exciting than if we could send only one of them...
Personally, I’m rooting for the pick to convey for this exact reason. They might somehow save themselves from having to deal Brown or Smart. Tatum is as good as gone imo in any deal for AD.

What is the expected salary for the 9th pick in the draft supposed to be like?

« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2019, 08:48:55 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

To me, silky hit the biggest issue. What really matters is whether we can get AD, and if so how much it’s going to cost. If the ninth pick conveys, we should have enough salary to get him without sending Brown or Smart. It would be Tatum, RWIII, plus filler/picks. Because  it’s tight, we probably need the ninth pick to convey to do that. Assuming that’s the deal we can make, do you still want the Memphis pick not to convey - so that we have to send two of Tatum, Smart, and Brown - because of the possibility the pick will land near the top of the draft in a couple years?

Personally, I’m rooting for the pick to convey for this exact reason. They might somehow save themselves from having to deal Brown or Smart. Tatum is as good as gone imo in any deal for AD.

What is the expected salary for the 9th pick in the draft supposed to be like?

3.5ish mill

« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2019, 08:51:32 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Also to add.

If it still takes 2 of tatum brown smart then tatum is off the table and a pick is also off thr table. Imo.

Brown/smart/mem pick/sac pick/clipper pick/boston 2020 first

They want tatum then they dont get smart or brown.

Tatum/rw3/yabs/4 picks this year

Honestly, bith of those trades are offering too much for a potential single year of a player.

Kawhi went for demar, poeltl and a late first rounder. And Kawhi is a superior player who has shown he can single handedly win.  Davis has not shown that much. Davis is not the best 2 way player in the league. Davis is not a finals mvp

« Reply #313 on: April 06, 2019, 09:27:20 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Also to add.

If it still takes 2 of tatum brown smart then tatum is off the table and a pick is also off thr table. Imo.

Honestly, bith of those trades are offering too much for a potential single year of a player.

Kawhi went for demar, poeltl and a late first rounder. And Kawhi is a superior player who has shown he can single handedly win.  Davis has not shown that much. Davis is not the best 2 way player in the league. Davis is not a finals mvp

IMO you need to be aware that how you want to handle the AD situation and Memphis pick, and how Danny does, are not even close to the same.

Though I do like your point about the salary of the Memphis pick counting in the trade if it conveys this year.  That should count for something. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #314 on: April 06, 2019, 09:38:18 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Also to add.

IMO you need to be aware that how you want to handle the AD situation and Memphis pick, and how Danny does, are not even close to the same.

Though I do like your point about the salary of the Memphis pick counting in the trade if it conveys this year.  That should count for something. 
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07