Author Topic: OKC-GSW-Celtics major trade idea: Barnes to Celtics  (Read 4176 times)

Re: OKC-GSW-Celtics major trade idea: Barnes to Celtics
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 05:54:38 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I think if you want OKC to listen to this call (and not hang up in your face) then I think OKC's return would have to start with some combination of Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and the 2016 Brooklyn pick. 

Those are probably the only 5 assets that Boston and Golden State (combined) have available that OKC takes any interest in.

Well there's Curry as well of course, but I think it's safe to say that OKC doesn't even waste theri time asking for that one.

and if they lose Durant for nothing so be it?

Lots of rumors he is bolting vs staying put. He has yet confirmed or denied he wants to leave. Though he has said frequently it's nice to know you will be sought after in the off the season. 

Sound like a guy who has one foot out the door?

vs Derozan who has quieted the rumors he might leave and has said along the lines he wants to stay. He has built the raptors team

Pretty much, I think.

If you have a player that good, I think you kinda have to entertain it, unless the player specifically states that he wants to move on.

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 06:38:42 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
I think if you want OKC to listen to this call (and not hang up in your face) then I think OKC's return would have to start with some combination of Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder, Klay Thompson, Draymond Green and the 2016 Brooklyn pick. 

Those are probably the only 5 assets that Boston and Golden State (combined) have available that OKC takes any interest in.

Well there's Curry as well of course, but I think it's safe to say that OKC doesn't even waste theri time asking for that one.

Lots of rumors he is bolting vs staying put. He has yet confirmed or denied he wants to leave. Though he has said frequently it's nice to know you will be sought after in the off the season. 

vs Derozan who has quieted the rumors he might leave and has said along the lines he wants to stay. He has built the raptors team

Exactly. KD is basically playing mind games with management. If management truly believes he is their best bet on winning a championship then they would have to change their current roster (before the season ends) to please him or ship him out and get a package commensurate to what he gives to OKC. I would still bet though of him staying because he's the transcendent player who could get them to the next level. RW just wouldn't make a championship caliber team. At best, RW is an excellent complementary player to a star player - not the one taking away the star player's throne.

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 07:29:49 AM »

Offline Granath

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 567
Not sure that I buy that Harrison Barnes is this secret superstar and I'm sure as hell not paying like he's one. 

That trade sucks for everybody except GS.

TP. Barnes has done nothing to convince me that he's ready to be leader of the band.

Is Barnes even better than Crowder? Their PER 36 numbers are almost identical and Crowder his a top-notch defender and team leader.
Jaylen Brown will be an All Star in the next 5 years.

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 07:54:54 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yikes.

Trading 3 firsts for Barnes and Bogut?

Next.

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261

Exactly. KD is basically playing mind games with management. If management truly believes he is their best bet on winning a championship then they would have to change their current roster (before the season ends) to please him or ship him out and get a package commensurate to what he gives to OKC. I would still bet though of him staying because he's the transcendent player who could get them to the next level. RW just wouldn't make a championship caliber team. At best, RW is an excellent complementary player to a star player - not the one taking away the star player's throne.

Disagree. RW is a top 5 player in the league right now.  Durant is a better pure scorer, but rw does more things to help them win.

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 09:03:54 AM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
Pro tip: if you're going to propose a trade where the Celtics give up a bunch of spare parts to a team for a superstar, it's common courtesy to at least have the Celtics get that superstar.

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 10:12:02 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Celtics clean out the coffers here for......Harrison Barnes?

Ummm...no way.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team