Author Topic: Woj/Shams: Hayward to OKC  (Read 1606 times)

Re: Woj/Shams: Hayward to OKC
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2024, 11:41:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Where does Hayward fit in their rotation?  Shai/Giddey/Dort/Williams/Holmgren, right?  Theoretically he either takes Giddey's place in the rotation or he comes off the bench.  I don't think he replaces Dort, I think they need Dort's defense in the starting lineup. 

Wallace/Joe/Hayward is the start of a very nice bench with a good mix of skillsets, though I don't like their options for backup big.  I think they're putting an absolute ton of weight on Holmgren.

I reckon Hayward is taking O Dieng's minutes off the bench. No change to the starting lineup. Main backup forward role.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2024, 12:12:32 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
27s
Thunder are sending guard Vasilije Micic, Davis Bertans, Mann and draft compensation to Hornets as part of the Gordon Hayward deal, sources said.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2024, 12:30:03 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2406
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
27s
Thunder are sending guard Vasilije Micic, Davis Bertans, Mann and draft compensation to Hornets as part of the Gordon Hayward deal, sources said.

I would rather have Micic than Hayward. I like Micic. Not the player Hayward is but at least you can rely on him to be healthy. I take a healthy Micic over an unhealthy Hayward.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2024, 01:04:11 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Interesting trade. OKC gets off some money long term in Micic and Bertans and gets a guy to help them this year, I'd guess they are likely to re-sign him. He's a good fit.

Charlotte gets a flier on Tre Man and I'd assume some draft picks. Got to wait and see what those picks are. Probably a bunch of seconds.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:09:51 PM by keevsnick »

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2024, 01:45:47 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 I feel like Boston fans ( not Celtics fans 1st) really don’t think Hayward is very good. If he’s healthy at all this was a bad thing for the Celtics.