Author Topic: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer  (Read 13178 times)

Re: Report: C's Likely One Of 7 Teams Lebron Meets/Talks With This Summer
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2018, 12:58:06 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Screw James

Good enough to win it without him

Exactly

He just wants to mess with Kyrie and Celts

He joins the Lakers with PG13 and Paul. Makes most sense
No! It! Doesn't!

It makes NO financial sense
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2018, 09:18:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
ESPN’s Chris Haynes was a guest on the TK Show on CLNS Media and he too says, don’t sleep on the Celtics. “Let’s not overlook the Boston Celtics,” Haynes told host Tim Kawakami. “If Boston reached out and said we’re serious, LeBron would listen.” 23 mins ago – via CLNSMedia.com

Forget that... if anything Lebron has to beg the Celtics to let him join

« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2018, 10:03:08 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
ESPN’s Chris Haynes was a guest on the TK Show on CLNS Media and he too says, don’t sleep on the Celtics. “Let’s not overlook the Boston Celtics,” Haynes told host Tim Kawakami. “If Boston reached out and said we’re serious, LeBron would listen.” 23 mins ago – via CLNSMedia.com

Completely disagree.   

Celtics should reach out if Lebron is interested in joining the Celtics.   They should have a dialog.

At the same time, they should not be willing to rip apart this team for him.   

Whenever a top player shows interest in the team, it is a good thing that can translate to the MLE and less payed vets being more willing/interested to come to the team.   

« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2018, 10:10:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Completely disagree.   

Celtics should reach out if Lebron is interested in joining the Celtics.   They should have a dialog.

Whenever a top player shows interest in the team, it is a good thing that can translate to the MLE and less payed vets being more willing/interested to come to the team.

And alienate Irving in the process?

Beat Lebron, not join forces....

« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2018, 10:18:18 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
You know what, Ainge should tell Lebron to sign for MLE and also convince him to sign some endorsement deals (like Dunkin Donuts, etc) to make up whatever is left to make it a "max" deal  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2018, 10:21:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

Completely disagree.   

You really think any of this would happen without talking first to Irving (as well as Horford)

« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2018, 10:26:08 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Completely disagree.   

You really think any of this would happen without talking first to Irving (as well as Horford)

If you intended to trade Irving as the major salary piece of a sign-and-trade to get LeBron, you could exclude Kyrie from the conversation.

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2018, 10:33:28 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Completely disagree.   

Talking to Kyrie first is like asking your friend, if its ok to date his ex girlfriend

no matter how respectfully you try, it ends up being offensive

Lets not forget why Irving wanted to leave the Cavs in the 1st place

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2018, 10:41:58 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Completely disagree.   

If you intended to trade Irving as the major salary piece of a sign-and-trade to get LeBron, you could exclude Kyrie from the conversation.

One thing I realized though is that I don't think a S&T is even an option. That would mean Lebron has to opt-in like CP3 did last year with his contract, but that also means Lebron won't be able to have a "Free Agent Tour" with the other rumored 4-5 teams I believe. Is that correct?

Or is possible for Lebron to opt-out, him to "re-sign" with Cleveland at a price (like say, a small discount so it's 20-25M/Year), and THEN do a sign and trade, or that isn't possible?

(My head hurts)

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2018, 11:03:04 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Completely disagree.   

One thing I realized though is that I don't think a S&T is even an option. That would mean Lebron has to opt-in like CP3 did last year with his contract, but that also means Lebron won't be able to have a "Free Agent Tour" with the other rumored 4-5 teams I believe. Is that correct?

Or is possible for Lebron to opt-out, him to "re-sign" with Cleveland at a price (like say, a small discount so it's 20-25M/Year), and THEN do a sign and trade, or that isn't possible?

(My head hurts)

If LeBron opts out, which is likely, sign-and-trade is an option.  The Celtics would need to send out a little over $28 million in salary and stay under the hard cap of about $129 million next season.  It’s not a major obstacle for the Celtics.  (It is for Golden State).

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2018, 11:06:19 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Completely disagree.   

(My head hurts)

If LeBron opts out, which is likely, sign-and-trade is an option.  The Celtics would need to send out a little over $28 million in salary and stay under the hard cap of about $129 million next season.  It’s not a major obstacle for the Celtics.  (It is for Golden State).

@salt, I'm sure you've already heard this a ton around here, but I'm glad your back to whip us into reality regarding all the cap issues/questions  ;D

That said I still feel really bad/dirty about even thinking about trading any of Kyrie/Hayward/Horford in a trade for Lebron. Then again we traded and let go of like 11 guys last summer lol.

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2018, 11:08:11 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Completely disagree.   

(My head hurts)

@salt, I'm sure you've already heard this a ton around here, but I'm glad your back to whip us into reality regarding all the cap issues/questions  ;D

That said I still feel really bad/dirty about even thinking about trading any of Kyrie/Hayward/Horford in a trade for Lebron. Then again we traded and let go of like 11 guys last summer lol.

I'd feel bad and have mixed feelings but Jaylen/Hayward/Tatum/Lebron/Horford could be the best defensive team ever.

« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2018, 11:12:39 AM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2018, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
LeBron’s Terrifyingly Plausible Path to Boston

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/6/8/17440192/lebron-james-boston-celtics-offseason

TP!

Yep, that's the article I was referring to as well in the "Hayward not getting traded" thread.

This part is interesting:

A more feasible alternative would be including a third team in a trade and sending Kyrie to another team like the Knicks, who Yahoo Sports’ Chris Mannix mentioned as a threat to acquire Irving in free agency next summer. One trade-machine possibility that Ringer CEO Bill Simmons threw out was sending Kyrie to New York, with the Cavs getting at least two more first-round picks in the deal (no. 9 and no. 27 in this year’s draft) as well as a bunch of expiring contracts (Marcus Morris, Emmanuel Mudiay, and Enes Kanter). There are plenty of other alternatives that the Celtics and Cavs could explore, and both front offices would have the motivation to get something done.

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2018, 11:19:40 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
Why would this story leak out when The Cavs still have games to play? If I'm one of LeBron's "supporting cast" I'd be p---ed. I also be p---ed to be continually be called "supporting cast"...

Thank you - TP :). The only term that's equally worse, imo, is whenever Shaq refers to his non-star former teammates as "the others" ::). Talk about insulting. What a joke.

yeah it rubbed me the wrong way when Shaq kept reffering to his teammates as 'the others' as well.  no team wins the title with 1 guy it has been proved over and over again.