Author Topic: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats  (Read 34359 times)

Re: Rumor: Bass has trade interest from Suns, Warriors, Bobcats
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2014, 10:15:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
How about this 4 team trade?

Boston - Amare, Williams, Schroeder, Ezeli
Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Other pieces/picks could be added as necessary, but that should be the basic framework.
New York would have zero interest.

I don't think Boston would be all that interested either.
I think New York might as they save a ton of money this year and next year, plus they pick up a 10 million or so trade exception.  Both of those have real value now whether or not it is enough to overcome the third year on Wallace I don't know, but I think they would do the trade as it provides them a lot more flexibility.

Not sure on Boston either, though it shaves a year from Wallace and Green and picks up a solid veteran (Williams) and 2 young players.  I think it is the type of trade Ainge would explore (Boston also keeps Humphries and Bogans to use in other trades if it wants to), but ultimately I'm not sure there is enough value.  That is why I said other pieces and picks can be included to get things done.   
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
I don't think he is going to completely blow it up.  If he trades Bass for a late first (blazers pick plus Sessions from Bobcats) then the stage will be set.

Rondo, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Olynyk could be part of a good 7 man core with Wallace being the 8th guy.  Bradley and Olynyk off the bench leaves the need for two new starters.

I tend to agree with this.

I really don't see Ainge holding a firesale. Either Bass or Green will be moved but I doubt both.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2014, 10:18:19 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
Rondo, Bass for Kemba, MKG, Detroit's pick, Portland's pick.

Yuck...no thanks.  Rondo is far superior to Kemba Walker, and MKG looks like he's going to be a mediocre role player his entire career. He's looking like he MIGHT one day become Trevor Ariza...maybe.

Walker is playing well and you get two picks in the 2014 draft. Why wouldn't you make the deal?

Because you realize that it's unlikely either player picked will be close to as good as Rondo?

You guys are killing me with this. Rondo on a team with no all stars is very replaceable. He's a decent PG but I view him as a role player on a contender. A solid 3rd or 4th option if you will. He'll get you 11 ppg and some dimes while playing good defense. Detroit might not make the playoffs and just remember that your hero Rondo was picked in the 20's by PHX. Owning 4 picks in the 2014 draft plus MKG PLUS Kemba Walker? The same Kemba Walker who has made pretty good strides this year? Yeah this is an absolute no brainer. If you put this scenario in front of Charlotte fans they would laugh that's how lopsided it is in the Celtics favor.

That is enough for me to completely ignore any of your posts on trading Rondo from now on.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but the fact you disrespected Rondo just like that is enough for me to try to avoid any discussions/debates you may be making in the future when it comes to the idea of trading Rondo...

Rondo is maybe 2-3 Allstars, and 1-2 assists leader, and a few defensive 1st/2nd teams away from becoming a Hall of Famer...

Apparently though, he's just a 'role,' player on a contender.

It's not a knock on him. Just stating how it is. If it wasn't for his injury this year I'd have this whole board agreeing with me. He is not a star player without multiple HOFers around him. Paul Pierce was a star, KG was a star, Ray Allen was a star, Rajon Rondo isn't even in the same discussion as those guys. The overrating of Rondo on this board is hysterical. Pistons fans wouldn't even trade him for Monroe before the season starts, which says more about Rondo than a flawed big like Monroe. It's not like I was off base and said he couldn't start on a contender or anything crazy but he just isn't the face of a franchise. At least not an elite one.

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Other pieces/picks could be added as necessary, but that should be the basic framework.

I think New York might as they save a ton of money this year and next year, plus they pick up a 10 million or so trade exception.  Both of those have real value now whether or not it is enough to overcome the third year on Wallace I don't know, but I think they would do the trade as it provides them a lot more flexibility.

Not sure on Boston either, though it shaves a year from Wallace and Green and picks up a solid veteran (Williams) and 2 young players.  I think it is the type of trade Ainge would explore (Boston also keeps Humphries and Bogans to use in other trades if it wants to), but ultimately I'm not sure there is enough value.  That is why I said other pieces and picks can be included to get things done.
Their plan is to reload with Chandler/Amar'e coming off all at once. They want no part of a deal for Wallace that eats into that.

I mean if they got a great asset as a sweetner they'd do it. But it'd have to be a premium player because right now they're still planning on keeping Melo and then adding to him next offseason when Amar'e/Chandler expire.

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Their plan is to reload with Chandler/Amar'e coming off all at once. They want no part of a deal for Wallace that eats into that.

I mean if they got a great asset as a sweetner they'd do it. But it'd have to be a premium player because right now they're still planning on keeping Melo and then adding to him next offseason when Amar'e/Chandler expire.

Bigger issue here... not close to working under CBA rules for either the Knicks or the Warriors.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Bigger issue here... not close to working under CBA rules for either the Knicks or the Warriors.
Trade works fine.  The Warriors have a trade exception large enough to absorb Bass and you can always send out more money then you take in.

« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141
Rondo, Bass for Kemba, MKG, Detroit's pick, Portland's pick.

Yuck...no thanks.  Rondo is far superior to Kemba Walker, and MKG looks like he's going to be a mediocre role player his entire career. He's looking like he MIGHT one day become Trevor Ariza...maybe.

Walker is playing well and you get two picks in the 2014 draft. Why wouldn't you make the deal?

Because you realize that it's unlikely either player picked will be close to as good as Rondo?

You guys are killing me with this. Rondo on a team with no all stars is very replaceable. He's a decent PG but I view him as a role player on a contender. A solid 3rd or 4th option if you will. He'll get you 11 ppg and some dimes while playing good defense. Detroit might not make the playoffs and just remember that your hero Rondo was picked in the 20's by PHX. Owning 4 picks in the 2014 draft plus MKG PLUS Kemba Walker? The same Kemba Walker who has made pretty good strides this year? Yeah this is an absolute no brainer. If you put this scenario in front of Charlotte fans they would laugh that's how lopsided it is in the Celtics favor.

That is enough for me to completely ignore any of your posts on trading Rondo from now on.

Sorry if I sounded rude, but the fact you disrespected Rondo just like that is enough for me to try to avoid any discussions/debates you may be making in the future when it comes to the idea of trading Rondo...

Rondo is maybe 2-3 Allstars, and 1-2 assists leader, and a few defensive 1st/2nd teams away from becoming a Hall of Famer...

Apparently though, he's just a 'role,' player on a contender.

It's not a knock on him. Just stating how it is. If it wasn't for his injury this year I'd have this whole board agreeing with me. He is not a star player without multiple HOFers around him. Paul Pierce was a star, KG was a star, Ray Allen was a star, Rajon Rondo isn't even in the same discussion as those guys. The overrating of Rondo on this board is hysterical. Pistons fans wouldn't even trade him for Monroe before the season starts, which says more about Rondo than a flawed big like Monroe. It's not like I was off base and said he couldn't start on a contender or anything crazy but he just isn't the face of a franchise. At least not an elite one.

But not nearly as hysterical as the underrating of him.

You don't know what you got, til' it's gone.

« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

I get that, but they save over 10 million this year and next year on salary alone (not to mention the luxury tax savings).  It also gets them real close to the luxury tax threshold to the point where one other move and they get below it, which helps with future cap by not being a repeater.  They also get a large trade exception and Wallace plus Anthony plus everything else, still will allow them to sign a max free agent in the summer of 2015 (unless they add a bunch of other salary).

We should never underestimate the impact of cost savings on the level of like 50 million (when you take all the tax levels into effect), even for a team like the Knicks that is massive dollars.

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2014, 11:08:29 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I don't think the Knicks are interested in reducing their luxury tax bill at the cost of future flexibility.

« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 11:34:40 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Atlanta - Green
Golden State - Bass
New York - Wallace

Trade works fine.  The Warriors have a trade exception large enough to absorb Bass and you can always send out more money then you take in.

Ah. Didn't see the Warriors exception. Nevermind, back to the part where it doesn't make much sense...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2014, 12:23:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Not sure how the specifics would work but I get the funny feeling if Bass is gone its to a team that has never been mentioned in trade rumors. That's kind of the way Danny works.

So my guess is if Bass is gone its to a team not mentioned but in need of a solid bench role playing PF.

Someone like Portland for example.

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2014, 01:43:12 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
What if the Spurs wanted to get a little tougher inside?  Bass for either Diaw or Bonner plus Jeff Ayres and their draft pick. 

« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2014, 01:44:22 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Not sure how the specifics would work but I get the funny feeling if Bass is gone its to a team that has never been mentioned in trade rumors. That's kind of the way Danny works.

So my guess is if Bass is gone its to a team not mentioned but in need of a solid bench role playing PF.

I think the issue with Portland is they don't have contracts to match with for role players like Bass.

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2014, 01:52:19 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I think the issue with Portland is they don't have contracts to match with for role players like Bass.

Looking at their roster, they do have bench guys in the $2-3 million range who can be packaged together, but Bass to Portland is the sort of trade which was made less possible by signing Chris Johnson for the rest of the season.

Is anyone distraught if signing CJ killed a deal such as Bass for Dorell Wright, Meyers Leonard, and Allen Crabbe?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2014, 01:54:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
So does anyone else here get the feeling that cb8883 and triboy16f are 14 year old twin brothers in real life?

It seems like it.

As much as I may disagree sometimes with a guy like LarBrd, at least he has well thought out and rational ideas.

Frustrating.
I was actually thinking LB33 must be their older brother because they all have similar mindsets about the current roster and that everyone else on any other roster (or could have via the draft)is automatically better than everyone else we have.