Author Topic: BOSTON/ATLANTA/PHOENIX 3-Way Trade Idea  (Read 8617 times)

Re: BOSTON/ATLANTA/PHOENIX 3-Way Trade Idea
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Yep, I completely forgot about that, my bad. I don't really see any other way to facilitate that trade either unless someone takes Anthony for a trade exception to clear the necessary cap room and then we'd be sending out picks.

We could do Bass and Green for Okafor + picks if they wanted Green too, but I'm not too excited about doing that from our side.

Bass/Faverani/Bogans for Okafor + pick
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Re: BOSTON/ATLANTA/PHOENIX 3-Way Trade Idea
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2014, 04:02:55 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
Yep, I completely forgot about that, my bad. I don't really see any other way to facilitate that trade either unless someone takes Anthony for a trade exception to clear the necessary cap room and then we'd be sending out picks.

We could do Bass and Green for Okafor + picks if they wanted Green too, but I'm not too excited about doing that from our side.

Bass/Faverani/Bogans for Okafor + pick

I think Phx could probably get better value out of Okafor without giving up a pick, they'd probably want more than a backup PF and salary filler.  I figured out a way to make it work depending on how much ATL really wants Green, not sure how much they're willing to give up for him though.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pha8wmq + PHX 1st to BOS and PHX 2nd to ATL.

Must do this first to make the trade worthwhile for us and it may be the undoing of this trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mlcyg3y

We could probably send another 2nd rd pick to ATL to even it out a bit.