Author Topic: Didn't know T.Allen and S.Williams were valued so high  (Read 4025 times)

Re: Didn't know T.Allen and S.Williams were valued so high
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 02:20:25 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Sure there are money rules, but how about a trade with Sheed's contract?

Exactly.  That's why Sheed hasn't officially retired yet.  They can package his contract in a trade to a team looking to free up cap space or move a contract, with the "wink-wink" agreement that Sheed will retire right after the trade is finalized and his money will come off the books.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 06:58:27 PM »

Offline bbd24

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 118
My first question is... Who is Gody?

Others like Scal, Gody, etc. remain to be seen. Yes, I realize they need another big.  Another wing. Its not like Bosh2 is available out there and will sign at 1 million per.  Same goes with the wing player.

Didnt know Gody was a big part of our bench last year... Anyway.

I love the starting lineup obviously. But Perk is going to be until maybe the All Star game in Feb... With Oneal starting that leaves us a bench of:

Nate
Baby
Bradley

Yes i agree Danny has done a nice just getting Pierce, Allen, Nate, and JO...

But until Feb, thats an 8 man roster with NO wings and NO bigs! If you think thats a championship team I would beg to differ...

I didn't say he was part of the bench last year.  I just said him, Scal, and others may or may not make the team.  Thats what I meant with that statement. I believe Gody is a lock to make the team, btw.  Especially after the Summer League.

Daniels most likely will be back, adding another player to the mix at the wing.  I think everyone on here discredits Bradley immediately because he's a rookie.  Like it or not, he could easily be a major role player this year behind the PG and SG positions.  Yet to be determined.  We may love that, or we may hate it.

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 07:02:21 PM »

Offline birdwatcher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 126
  • Another undersized Celtic...
I'm sure TA was on more than one radar in the West. Shelden though...that's puzzling.

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:42 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
What did happen...what you neither you guys nor doc saw..but a lor of others did, was that Sheldon is a player, a needed player....sitting on our bench, with his talent for rebounding (like leon powe) scoring on rebounds, defense and aqbility to run the floor....ya, well he is gone now...another dumb move...you think Denver doesn't know anything...right....well doc knows best.....duh....who is rushing to sign scal...most of you hated sheldon , but loved scal.....glad you aren't running my team...! Inverse talent scouts..well, it is opposite world these days...! Seems like PP knows more...as did Tommy H....he loved sheldon.....12 points in 12 minutes vs SA...then benched...until gamer 6 of the playoffs....( duh) now that is coaching, prepering for an injury...why, that will never happen.......Now you are going to have to watch to very solid players you HAD...and lost...for no good reason.....no reason at all....but hey, you still have scal...so what is sheldons numbers were always better...like you always say, scal does all the things that no one sees......like standing in the corner waiting for HIS shot......(instead of giving the ball to ray and going for the rebound?) GAME...! We can just reach into the magic pool and get more players anyway..like TA, our best defender, and sheldon, our best rebounder....