Author Topic: C's Interested in Josh Howard, Have Talked to His Agent  (Read 9385 times)

C's Interested in Josh Howard, Have Talked to His Agent
« on: July 08, 2010, 02:42:57 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Washington Wizards free-agent forward Josh Howard is optimistic his knee injury won’t keep him from landing a new contract soon.

Howard had surgery to repair a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in March and was projected to be out six to eight months. He suffered the injury in just his fourth game with the Washington Wizards after being traded by the Dallas Mavericks.

“The doctors say I’m ahead of schedule in my fourth month of rehab,” Howard told Yahoo! Sports. “I’m optimistic I’ll be ready by the start of the regular-season.”

LeBron James coverageHow much is LeBron worth? Warren Buffet on LeBron Howard averaged 12.7 points and 3.6 rebounds in 35 games for Washington and Dallas last season. While Washington was the first team to express interest after free agency began, Howard said Miami, New York, Sacramento, Boston and the Los Angeles Clippers have also been in contact with his agent.

Howard hopes to sign with someone within the next two weeks.

“I’m going to be open-minded,” Howard said. “But I have some loyalty to Washington for getting me out of my situation with Dallas. I have interest in them. But I have to keep my options open.”

– Marc J. Spears, 12:14 p.m. ET, July 8

This is from Yahoo. I would be all for it assuming we don't use Sheed's deal in a S+T. The guy was always a good scorer and would be a nice susbstitue for Pierce assuming he is healthy. IF he is healthy is big though because Tony Allen took a long time to get back to 100% after his knee injury and J-Ho and Ta's injuries seem smilar.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: C's Interested in Josh Howard, Have Talked to His Agent
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
I'd be all for this if we don't have to use Sheeds contract, which I don't know if that's possible because we would have to use the vet min on Howard then?  If so he's not coming here.  And we'd have to be getting back TA, because if it's one or  the other I want TA. 

Actually I'd be for Sheed's contract for Howard, but I'd rather get Beasley.  He has more potential is the younger of the two pots heads  ;D lol.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 02:48:15 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'd much rather sign Ryan Gomes. He isn't a pothead , hustles all the time and can play sf and pf. He already knows Doc as a coach and has played with PP,Perk and Rondo before.

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:08 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
I'd much rather sign Ryan Gomes. He isn't a pothead , hustles all the time and can play sf and pf. He already knows Doc as a coach and has played with PP,Perk and Rondo before.

I too would much rather have Gomes.

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This is from Yahoo. I would be all for it assuming we don't use Sheed's deal in a S+T. The guy was always a good scorer and would be a nice susbstitue for Pierce assuming he is healthy. IF he is healthy is big though because Tony Allen took a long time to get back to 100% after his knee injury and J-Ho and Ta's injuries seem smilar.

Realistically, using Sheed to S&T for Howard is probably the only way we could get him. We have no MLE left, and I can't see Howard settling for minimum money.

Another option would be to use Davis, Tony, and/or Nate in a double sign and trade. But would Washington want any of them in exchange?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 02:49:56 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
He's an extremely good gamble if he'd take the min. for one year, but I don't see that happening.

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
They were probably in contact with his agent before we threw all of the MLE at Jermaine O'neal.  If he's willing to sign for the vet min, I just can't see him choosing Boston over Miami.
Greg

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 02:55:15 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Does anyone think that Howard really is going to get the MLE? I think he will be someone who all the teams that only have the vet min battle over.

I think he signs onto a contender to try and get his value back up in the second half of the season and then earn himself big money in the playoffs. I think he will end up here or in Miami.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 03:00:21 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
He's an extremely good gamble if he'd take the min. for one year, but I don't see that happening.

I always see that picture of Hurley in your profile and think "that JDPAPA3 dude needs to lose some weight."

I am pseudo-convinced you are Hurley.

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Does anyone think that Howard really is going to get the MLE?

Travis Outlaw just signed a 7 year, 35 million dollar deal

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 03:05:23 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

I always see that picture of Hurley in your profile and think "that JDPAPA3 dude needs to lose some weight."

I am pseudo-convinced you are Hurley.

lol. We could have a good debate on if we'd rather be Hurley or Hubie. Meant to change it, but couldn't bring myself to do that during the playoff run for fear of jinxing the team.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I wonder if we were looking at him before or after we agreed to terms with Ray (or even PP).

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
He'd be great. He could cover minutes at the 2 and 3. Ray/Pierce backup issue solved. Then all we'd need is a guard preferably a combo guard to fill in whatever minutes are left at the 1 and 2. Nate? Bradley? The prospect of picking him alongside JO up has me excited.

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418
In one thread we have people saying we cant get Delonte for the Vet minimum.

In this thread we have people saying we can get Josh Howard to come here for the minimum.

Both notions are absolutely crazy.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 03:16:19 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
In one thread we have people saying we cant get Delonte for the Vet minimum.

Somebody will pay Delonte more than the vet min especially in this market.