Author Topic: An Open Letter To Ray Allen  (Read 3539 times)

An Open Letter To Ray Allen
« on: July 07, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

(Please post anything you'd like Ray to know).

Dear Ray,

First of all, a sincere thank you ... for being the consummate gentleman of professional sports, for being the definition of Celtic Pride, and for all you did in bringing us Banner 17 and re-injecting the Boston Celtics back into being a true perennial playoff team again. It's been a long time since 1986 and the last era of excellence, and we needed this renaissance badly.

There are many reasons to consider change for a professional athlete like yourself, not the least of which is the well-being of your family and your future considerations. We as fans understand that, and no matter what you end up doing, we will always hold you in the highest regard, because you are not only an incredibly talented athlete, but a human being of unusual character and integrity.

There have been very few players to come through the ranks of the Celtic Green in the last twenty-years-or-so, who have embodied the class and selflessness that you have ... both in your game and in your personal life. My only regret in your being a Celtic, is that Red didn't get to see this team and the 2008 Championship, and didn't get to witness first-hand, your fulfillment of what Celtic Pride is all about, and the excellence of your game and persona.

Needless to say we want you to remain a Celtic. Yes, you can obviously make more money elsewhere, and there are warmer (outdoor) climates elsewhere in this country, and possibly more attractive offers. But you will never find a fan-base that can love and appreciate you more, or a team that is as steeped in tradition and pride, or team-mates that are as willing to sacrifice everything for the ultimate goal, or a coach that is not only a great coach, but a man with the unequalled ability to walk that fine-line between friend and mentor.

New England is a place where people are exceptionally passionate about their views and preferences, and that is no more evident than it is with our sports teams. When we decide to except someone into our midst, we do so completely and without ambiguity. Our teams are almost a part of our family, and so are the players on those teams. But you have reached further into our hearts than even that, and we are very, very partial when it comes to you and our desire for you to remain a Celtic.

I truly believe that Paul's decision to take less money in order to remain a Celtic and keep the core of this team together, is an unusual thing in today's professional sports arena, and is something that should be rewarded in the long-run, and emulated by others in similar situations. I also believe that you are a man of similar character, and that you will know in your heart that there's still something to be said for team loyalty and Ubuntu, and that you belong here ... with the people that truly love you and appreciate the sacrifice, and where the prospect of winning another championship will be the sweetest.

Only you can make the decisions about what is best for your future and the well-being of your family, but if there is any question in your mind about what is best for the Celtics or it's fans or the people of New England, please know in your heart that you will find no greater fans, no greater love, no greater appreciation, no greater team, no greater coach, and no greater tradition, than you have right now, right here. All those things are a just question mark if you should choose to go elsewhere, but here, it's gold in your hand.

Whatever happens, we will always love you for what you helped bring back to us, and what you've done for the Celtic community, but we pray that you'll decide to remain where your heart is, and where the gold in your hand will out-weigh the question marks of prospective changes. You are a Celtic through-and-through, and we are your family. Change can be an exciting thing, but no matter what else we find in life, there is NO place like home.

Please stay at home ... please remain a Celtic.

:)

2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Re: An Open Letter To Ray Allen
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 02:07:54 PM »

Offline Dybdal

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 31
Dear Ray.

Do what you need to do for you and your family, you have been nothing but a class act all your carrer and the Celtics fans have been blessed by the time you have been with our family, that said i do hope you strongly consider the Celtics.
"Leadership is diving for a loose ball, getting the crowd involved, getting other players involved. It`s being able to take it as well as dish it out. That`s the only way you`re going to get respect from the players"

- Larry Bird

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
Dear Ray,

Thanks for your hard work and class act the past 3-years.  If you feel that it is time to move on then I support your decision and wish you the best of luck. 

-SGD

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 02:16:26 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Dear Ray,

I look forward to seeing you in green for a few more years strokin' them 3's!

Stop messing around and resign tomorrow, then start recruiting with Kevin and Paul, then please work with Rajon on his jumper. You have a busy summer ahead of you, so don't waste too much time.

You're a class act.

-MC
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 02:17:50 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Dear Ray,

Please do not read all the 'trade Ray Allen' threads from before the trading deadline and all the 'Ray killed us in the finals' comments.

Dave

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 02:18:48 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

(Please post anything you'd like Ray to know).

Dear Ray,

First of all, a sincere thank you ... for being the consummate gentleman of professional sports, for being the definition of Celtic Pride, and for all you did in bringing us Banner 17 and re-injecting the Boston Celtics back into being a true perennial playoff team again. It's been a long time since 1986 and the last era of excellence, and we needed this renaissance badly.

There are many reasons to consider change for a professional athlete like yourself, not the least of which is the well-being of your family and your future considerations. We as fans understand that, and no matter what you end up doing, we will always hold you in the highest regard, because you are not only an incredibly talented athlete, but a human being of unusual character and integrity.

There have been very few players to come through the ranks of the Celtic Green in the last twenty-years-or-so, who have embodied the class and selflessness that you have ... both in your game and in your personal life. My only regret in your being a Celtic, is that Red didn't get to see this team and the 2008 Championship, and didn't get to witness first-hand, your fulfillment of what Celtic Pride is all about, and the excellence of your game and persona.

Needless to say we want you to remain a Celtic. Yes, you can obviously make more money elsewhere, and there are warmer (outdoor) climates elsewhere in this country, and possibly more attractive offers. But you will never find a fan-base that can love and appreciate you more, or a team that is as steeped in tradition and pride, or team-mates that are as willing to sacrifice everything for the ultimate goal, or a coach that is not only a great coach, but a man with the unequalled ability to walk that fine-line between friend and mentor.

New England is a place where people are exceptionally passionate about their views and preferences, and that is no more evident than it is with our sports teams. When we decide to except someone into our midst, we do so completely and without ambiguity. Our teams are almost a part of our family, and so are the players on those teams. But you have reached further into our hearts than even that, and we are very, very partial when it comes to you and our desire for you to remain a Celtic.

I truly believe that Paul's decision to take less money in order to remain a Celtic and keep the core of this team together, is an unusual thing in today's professional sports arena, and is something that should be rewarded in the long-run, and emulated by others in similar situations. I also believe that you are a man of similar character, and that you will know in your heart that there's still something to be said for team loyalty and Ubuntu, and that you belong here ... with the people that truly love you and appreciate the sacrifice, and where the prospect of winning another championship will be the sweetest.

Only you can make the decisions about what is best for your future and the well-being of your family, but if there is any question in your mind about what is best for the Celtics or it's fans or the people of New England, please know in your heart that you will find no greater fans, no greater love, no greater appreciation, no greater team, no greater coach, and no greater tradition, than you have right now, right here. All those things are a just question mark if you should choose to go elsewhere, but here, it's gold in your hand.

Whatever happens, we will always love you for what you helped bring back to us, and what you've done for the Celtic community, but we pray that you'll decide to remain where your heart is, and where the gold in your hand will out-weigh the question marks of prospective changes. You are a Celtic through-and-through, and we are your family. Change can be an exciting thing, but no matter what else we find in life, there is NO place like home.

Please stay at home ... please remain a Celtic.

:)

I'm just gonna quote everything what you said Bahku because you said it perfectly.  We love you Ray and thank you for banner 17 and everything, but do what is best for you and your family.  TP Bahku! 

Bahku you better not jinx it this time though  ;D! Only half kidding!  The last time you did an open letter you did it to the Celtics after we won the ECF and we all know all to well how that turned out.

Please stay Ray!  We love you!  We  We need you to make right what is wrong and make up for what happened in the finals this year!

"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 02:36:01 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Ray,

You're a wicked p---ah playah n stuff.  Stay. It would make me happy.  I like watching you shoot the ball - it's purdy.

:-*

Redz
Yup

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 03:37:19 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
((((((Ray)))))) Feel the love!  You can have the love, stay or go, but please, please Stay.  In our hearts you will always be a member of the Boston Celtics...the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics!  We have had many heros on our team  over the years, some really great players, and still do...but you are their equal.  No one looks better in Green than you.
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 03:39:01 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
ray,

ur already home....stay!!!!  ur great for the team, organization, and community.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:19:55 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
((((((Ray)))))) Feel the love!  You can have the love, stay or go, but please, please Stay.  In our hearts you will always be a member of the Boston Celtics...the 2008 NBA Champion Boston Celtics!  We have had many heros on our team  over the years, some really great players, and still do...but you are their equal.  No one looks better in Green than you.

Amen. (TP)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »

Offline lovely_20

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
  • Jesus Saves
Dear Ray,
I have followed you since your first game with the UConn Huskies.  You are the supreme athlete, and I know other guys at UConn tried to emulate your shooting style (to which I believe no one really came close, you are unique. :) ). I am a huge fan, and though I tried, Milwaukee and Seattle games were just not televised much back here in Connecticut.  That is why I was absolutely thrilled when you came to Boston!  
I know that this is a difficult decision for you to make, not only for your own happiness, but also for the happiness and well being of your family.  That being said, I know that you will make the right decision, and even if that is to leave Boston, I will still be cheering you on, especially when it comes to breaking Reggie Miller's record!
I love you and your game regardless of the uniform you are wearing.  But, please stay in Green, cause you rock that color!
Love, AP
"Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin' back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?""

Jesus Shuttlesworth, "He Got Game"

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Thank you, Ray ... you won't regret it. In the shadow of all the hype given to LeBron, et al, you are the ultimate class act, and the consummate performer on the court.

I am extremely happy you decided to stay where your heart is, and where the fans will alway embrace you and never take for granted, the sacrifices you have made to keep this incredible core together, and keep Ubuntu alive.

We love you, Ray, and God bless you and your family.

Now let's get that eighteenth banner!

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Thank you, Ray ... you won't regret it. In the shadow of all the hype given to LeBron, et al, you are the ultimate class act, and the consummate performer on the court.

I am extremely happy you decided to stay where your heart is, and where the fans will alway embrace you and never take for granted, the sacrifices you have made to keep this incredible core together, and keep Ubuntu alive.

We love you, Ray, and God bless you and your family.

Now let's get that eighteenth banner!

Thank you Ray!  I now know that this was all destined and we are going to have the greatest and most surprising run ever to Banner 18!  We are going to BEAT this super Heat team!  And we are going to get our revenge against the Lakers!

Thank you Ray!  We love you!  And you won't regret it!
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce