Author Topic: Wade-LeBron-Bosh in Miami?  (Read 7462 times)

Re: Wade-LeBron-Bosh in Miami?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
My only concern with these three in MIA:

Chemistry.

Who would be Alpha Dog - Wade or Lebron? Assuming both Lebron and Bosh goes to MIA, then I think Wade would want to automatically default to Alpha - and could Lebron deal with that?

Would Bosh deal with less shots? He was Alpha Dog in TOR, but he'd certainly get less opportunities in MIA. We know that JO would still expect a decent amount of shots.

Another thing? No great PG. Wade and Lebron are great passers, but I'm talking about a pure PG. Chalmers is decent, but could he keep the team happy?

The last time a Great Three was Assembled? Summer of 2007, in Boston. Each had to defer to one another to make it work. It worked out (and continues to work out) well for us. Even with that, I think Ray had to give up the most.

Now, who out of Bosh-Wade-Lebron would be willing to give up the rock?

These three (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) are still rather young - would they be willing to not win for a few seasons? Our Big Three wasn't assembled until each was in their 30's.

Sacrifices would have to be made, that's all I'm saying. When's the last time a team had three players in the top 20-25 scoring? Even with out Big Three, we've rarely seen the three of them top 20 pts at the same time.

In terms of the pure point guard thing, with that group on the court why would you want a PG handling the ball.  Wade and Lebron are going to be dominating the ball %100 of the time.  They really just need Chalmers to be the Delonte West Role which is play solid D and hit open shots
Wade can play PG without a problem. So can LeBron for that matter. Who will play what position depends almost entirely one how they'd fill out the rest of the roster.

Chalmers could do it, or if they have a better wing they can just slide him into the line up and move either Wade or LeBron to the point. I actually think that'd make them the most dangerous.

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 09:53:32 AM »

Offline thedawg

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 11
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/06/report-wade-hopeful-heat-can-land-lebron-bosh.html

Wow, those 3 guys plus anyone would be better than our core four.

I was just reading the same article and was about to make a post about it. One thought. If those three guys (Bosh, LBJ and Wade) are so serious about working together in the same team, what is the problem? Donīt splash in my face the cap space cos that aint an excuse for this not to happen. What difference does it make for three persons who make more money outside basketball to just settle for salaries that accommodates all of them at the same team? I dont know but there is probably some stupid rule in NBA that goes against something like this...I bet.  

Imagine if each of them would take 15m/6 years and made history..........
In Danny Ainge I Trust!

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
impossible, Heat is already paying Wade, they will not have enough money to sign max contracts for both Lebron and Bosh,

I dont even think they have enough money for Lebron alone

They've got the money for Lebron, and they almost have the money to give all three max deals (but not quite enough).

The hard part, as Fafnir suggested above, is filling out the roster with NBA-caliber talent.  They'd basically have Chalmers, Beasley, and a bunch of rookies / minimum free agents.

Yea, I wonder which one will volunteer to take lower than the max. Or if they would all accept a little lower than the amount equally.

Also, from my understanding and reading Larry Coon, they will have to get rid of Beasley in this big 3 FA scenario.
They'll either use him in a sign and trade or dump him for a contract like Rasheed's. I can't imagine they'll find either scenario difficult to do.

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:18 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Chemistry.

Who would be Alpha Dog - Wade or Lebron? Assuming both Lebron and Bosh goes to MIA, then I think Wade would want to automatically default to Alpha - and could Lebron deal with that?

Would Bosh deal with less shots? He was Alpha Dog in TOR, but he'd certainly get less opportunities in MIA. We know that JO would still expect a decent amount of shots.

Another thing? No great PG. Wade and Lebron are great passers, but I'm talking about a pure PG. Chalmers is decent, but could he keep the team happy?

The last time a Great Three was Assembled? Summer of 2007, in Boston. Each had to defer to one another to make it work. It worked out (and continues to work out) well for us. Even with that, I think Ray had to give up the most.

These three (Lebron, Wade, Bosh) are still rather young - would they be willing to not win for a few seasons? Our Big Three wasn't assembled until each was in their 30's.

Sacrifices would have to be made, that's all I'm saying. When's the last time a team had three players in the top 20-25 scoring? Even with out Big Three, we've rarely seen the three of them top 20 pts at the same time.

In terms of the pure point guard thing, with that group on the court why would you want a PG handling the ball.  Wade and Lebron are going to be dominating the ball %100 of the time.  They really just need Chalmers to be the Delonte West Role which is play solid D and hit open shots
Wade can play PG without a problem. So can LeBron for that matter. Who will play what position depends almost entirely one how they'd fill out the rest of the roster.

Chalmers could do it, or if they have a better wing they can just slide him into the line up and move either Wade or LeBron to the point. I actually think that'd make them the most dangerous.

Good Point - I just don't see either of them (Wade, Lebron) sacrificing other parts of their game to distribute the ball.

Sure - both have played PG in stretches - but for an entire game? And in the event that either played PG - how would they feel chasing Rondo, CP3, D-Will, or Steve Nash around on Defense for an entire game?

And I'm sorry - Lebron would not be a Great PG...he'd be decent in stretches, but Wade would be a better fit for that role.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 10:06:51 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
Yea getting rid of Beasley should be easy. And they could court all of the guys first and decide to keep Beasley if they can only get 2 max guys.

My main issue is their interior D. In the post Jordan era, championship teams have all had exceptional team Defense that started with the bigs. The Magic will be very tough to beat if the Heat have Shelden Williams or Dexter Pittman covering D. Howard. LBJ and Wade are plus defenders, but bigs are simply more important in team defensive schemes.

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 10:07:55 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Chemistry.

Good Point - I just don't see either of them (Wade, Lebron) sacrificing other parts of their game to distribute the ball.

Sure - both have played PG in stretches - but for an entire game? And in the event that either played PG - how would they feel chasing Rondo, CP3, D-Will, or Steve Nash around on Defense for an entire game?

And I'm sorry - Lebron would not be a Great PG...he'd be decent in stretches, but Wade would be a better fit for that role.
LeBron played PG for 7 or 10 games this year. He averaged double digit assists with very few turnovers. (this is when Mo Williams was hurt)

He'd be a great PG, the only position he wouldn't be great at would be Center.

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

Chemistry.

LeBron played PG for 7 or 10 games this year. He averaged double digit assists with very few turnovers. (this is when Mo Williams was hurt)

Good Point, but I just don't see Lebron committing to Defense (as a PG) in the event of a Rondo-D-Will-CP3 or Nash matchup.

I just remember the BOS-CLE series just a month or so ago - when Lebron matched up with Rondo, he limited his production, sure - but Rondo still got the ball to his teammates and beat them mercilessly in that game (like 120-88 Boston).

No players nowadays can do both (Offense and Defense) for long stretches - Kobe did it, but he had to sacrifice other parts of his game.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:03 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Won't happen.

Too much ego to make it work.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2010, 10:40:12 AM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
I have some doubts that a solid enough team can be put around Wade/Bron/Bosh in year 1, but the following summer, a MLE and LLE addition plus the right minimum signing might be enough to crown them champs for the 4 years after that.  Think about it:  all they need from a Center is adequate defense and good picks.  All they need from a PG is adequate defense and ability to hit open 3's.  They'd need a good multi-position player off the bench.  That's it, and Miami becomes a powerhouse.

Ditto for Chicago.  If they get two stars to match up with Rose, Deng, and their center, they're a powerhouse too.  I think Joe Johnson and Boozer are candidates there, or even our own Ray Allen and Boozer.

I'm concerned about the C's in these scenarios, particularly in committing big salary to Pierce and Ray in light of a powerhouse (or possibly two) in the east.  If our starters can't play more than 30 minutes per game on a regular basis, and they can't, we're not going to be able to beat a team with multiple stars in their prime by playing our bench against them while our starters ice their aching knees.

It may be in the clubs best interests to go slow in free agency, hope Paul opts out, see how the landscape develops, and then if multiple powerhouses emerge in the east...consider the nuclear option.

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2010, 11:00:07 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Don't get me wrong - such an assemblage of Talent in MIA would send shockwaves throught the NBA, but I'd doubt they could be us or LA.

Say this scenario happens (Bosh-Wade-Lebron in MIA)....they play Boston. Sure-Lebron or Wade would slow down Rondo - but who would slow down Pierce? And would Wade be happy chasing Ray Allen all over the court?

And would Bosh be able to overcome KG's Defense? And who would account for a physical Perk (or Brad Miller or Shaq) in the middle?

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 11:03:12 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Chemistry-Wise I think Lebron and Bosh would be better in CHI - but not by much. At least with Thibs Bosh and Joakim would form a decent Defensive Front line - eventually.

I'd like to see maybe Amare or Dirk in MIA with Wade.

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2010, 11:05:03 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Hopefully the FA's spread themselves around so nothing actually works out.

If there is a supersquad, Ainge should be going all in this year.  We have a shot at taking them down before they can add more players and develop chemistry.  After next year, it may be 4-5 years before anyone has a shot again. 

Then again, those superstars could also turn into McGrady and Hill in Orlando, so you never know what might happen...

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2010, 11:24:45 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

Chemistry.

In terms of the pure point guard thing, with that group on the court why would you want a PG handling the ball.  Wade and Lebron are going to be dominating the ball %100 of the time.  They really just need Chalmers to be the Delonte West Role which is play solid D and hit open shots

Good Point, but I just don't see Lebron committing to Defense (as a PG) in the event of a Rondo-D-Will-CP3 or Nash matchup.

I just remember the BOS-CLE series just a month or so ago - when Lebron matched up with Rondo, he limited his production, sure - but Rondo still got the ball to his teammates and beat them mercilessly in that game (like 120-88 Boston).

No players nowadays can do both (Offense and Defense) for long stretches - Kobe did it, but he had to sacrifice other parts of his game.
LeBron only guarded Rondo for a few possessions in that game. Besides why would LeBron guard every point guard? Magic never did that, and he played the PG position.

All three would do so much less offensively, I think their defense would all improve.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 11:29:48 AM by Fafnir »

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Won't happen.

Too much ego to make it work.
Maybe, but all three have had some crushing losses recently.

Wade and Bosh have been stuck on terrible teams, meanwhile LeBron has lost three years in a row in a fairly disheartening manner.

I think they could do it.

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »

Offline twinbree

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 170
I'm starting to feel sorry for the Knicks if this really happens. At least the Bulls and the Nets have a young core in place that they could still build on with the second tier FAs.
Tommy: He's got a line about me. Tell him the line.

Mike: Everybody 60 or over knows Tommy as a player. Everybody 40 or over knows Tommy as a coach. Everybody 20 or over knows Tommy as a broadcaster. And everybody 10 or under thinks he's Shrek.