Author Topic: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame  (Read 147391 times)

Re: The Celticsblog Hall of Fame
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2008, 07:59:50 PM »

Offline rickyfan3.0...

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 110
I'm a lock for allowing CB to report the KG trade before any print or elctronic media outlet in the WORLD!!

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2008, 08:35:37 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Poster most likely to take over the blog:  Edgar

As in taking over as Jeff retires, or hostile takeover?

I get the feeling Edgar isn't that patient.   ;)

Is it me My Lord?  ;D

well sorry for all who will dare to be against me on good looking category  ;D

Two Categories but not necesary hall of famer worthy
Biggest Man crush on a Cs player ( there almost all are banned)
Biggest Man crush on a Cs Blog Mod ( There we still have a couple active)

;D ;D

High54life wins that hands down for his gargantuan man-crush on Gerald.

A certain Rondo "fan" would have something to say about that.

Exactly  ;D

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
We already have

Stars
Titles
Celtic Player Designations
Tommy Point Numbers
Number of Posts

Not to mention
Names,
Pictures
Tag Lines
Tag Lines w/ Pictures

How much more do we need to differentiate people?

I agree with this and this:

i think it is a fun idea, but i honestly dont think we should have it.  we have tp's and stars with threads for each for posters to congratulate and recognize posters' contributions.  i think adding a hall of fame could potential create issues for people (not myself, as i think its a fun idea).  people may start to get egos, build resentment towards others, and worst of all....post with an agenda, rather than keeping it real.

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 12:45:41 AM »

Offline bostonfan23

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 115
  • I just might be a basketball machine. -MS
I forgot about Hagrid. I liked reading his stuff.

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2008, 10:41:25 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

yes  Hagrid  the eye.
before becoming a mod, I was mad at him sometimes because I thought he always was "regañandome" ( sorry i dont know the word for that its like when a dad call his children for doing things wrong) but then I understand his role and after that I always look his Mod. method and learn from there.
I admitt I use the thing he used with me a couple of times.
I miss his contributions and posts here.

:(

Nice to be back!

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

yes  Hagrid  the eye.
before becoming a mod, I was mad at him sometimes because I thought he always was "regañandome" ( sorry i dont know the word for that its like when a dad call his children for doing things wrong) but then I understand his role and after that I always look his Mod. method and learn from there.
I admitt I use the thing he used with me a couple of times.
I miss his contributions and posts here.

:(

Yeah, I miss hagrid, as well.  He was definitely the strictest mod, but his philosophy was important in keeping this place family friendly. 

By the way, I think the "I forgot about hagrid" thing is why nick is proposing a HOF.  Yes, it's honorary, but more than anything I think nick is trying to preserve the history around here a bit.  There have been various incarnations of this blog, and a lot of the site history has been lost and/or forgotten over time. 

As nick related to me via a PM (hopefully he won't mind if I disclose this), 20 years from now, hopefully Celticsblog will be thriving.  However, it's unlikely that all of our most influential members will still be around.  There may be a time when people ask "Who was Bob Day?", much like some have no familiarity with hagrid and others.  A little section of the site where some of that can be preserved is, to me, a good thing.

I'm not all that concerned with people's egos, I guess.  We're all adults here, and if somebody's hurt feelings are the cost of preserving this site's legacy over time, it's something I think we should be willing to sacrifice.  I would ask people to take a step back and recognize that this isn't meant as a slight towards anybody, but is rather a way of remembering the highlights of an earlier time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 11:37:06 AM by Roy Hobbs »

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2008, 10:56:59 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Could you guys, not right away but in time, PM me with anything you might have on Hagrid, C-Bill, Master Po, and some other tidbits on days gone by. I would greatly appreciate it.

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2008, 11:11:15 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Poster most likely to take over the blog:  Edgar

As in taking over as Jeff retires, or hostile takeover?

I get the feeling Edgar isn't that patient.   ;)

Vive la Révolution

wait...thats french...

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
Just read through this thread, it seems like a good idea. I missed it initially, but did everyone decide against it or what?

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2008, 01:13:05 PM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
SShoreFan wrote this on July 14th:

We already have

Stars
Titles
Celtic Player Designations
Tommy Point Numbers
Number of Posts

Not to mention
Names,
Pictures
Tag Lines
Tag Lines w/ Pictures

How much more do we need to differentiate people
?

I agree with him.
I'm not against a CB Hall of Fame
but I see no great need for it  :)

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2008, 01:17:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Perhaps we finally have our reason for a couple of our key contributors absence - they're waiting out the retirement period to be eligible for the H.O.F.
Yup

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2008, 01:25:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Quite honestly when I envisioned this it had very little to do with distinguishing actual members. It was more of an idea to preserve the CB history if you will. The internet being what it is, who knows what Celticsblog could morph into some day or if the people who currently run it will be running it.

I thought it would be cool for once a year we induct maybe two people, a famous thread, a famous post, a famous article, a famous interview, a famous game thread. The people thing wouldn't even see non staff or non officers of Celticsblog being inducted for years to come.

I thought it would be a cool place for new members or people who are thinking of joining to browse through to get an idea of who and how this site was put together and some of it's finest stuff.

It was a well intentioned thought that had nothing to do with distinguishing members. I did ask for some stories and such from the staff and mods, openly in this forum but got next to nothing in response.

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2008, 01:37:26 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Quite honestly when I envisioned this it had very little to do with distinguishing actual members. It was more of an idea to preserve the CB history if you will. The internet being what it is, who knows what Celticsblog could morph into some day or if the people who currently run it will be running it.

I thought it would be cool for once a year we induct maybe two people, a famous thread, a famous post, a famous article, a famous interview, a famous game thread. The people thing wouldn't even see non staff or non officers of Celticsblog being inducted for years to come.

I thought it would be a cool place for new members or people who are thinking of joining to browse through to get an idea of who and how this site was put together and some of it's finest stuff.

It was a well intentioned thought that had nothing to do with distinguishing members. I did ask for some stories and such from the staff and mods, openly in this forum but got next to nothing in response.

Nick,

It doesn't seem like the time or energy is going to be drummed up for any official section for a Hall of Fame, but really none of the other accolades dished out here have any official CB sanctioned place either - they were just started up and carried on.  The pages for 1000 posts and 100 TPs were just started and carried on.  Hell, I felt like a TP Pageant would be a great idea, so I went with it, and we had some fun.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you (or someone) wants to start the process of making a CB Hall of Fame, just start a thread in the Forums, make some parameters and see what happens.  Plenty of worse ideas have been met with plenty of enthusiasm and participation. (7 pages of discussion on Apples and Oranges  ;D )

I just don't know that we're going to see a home page section devoted to the CB Hall of Fame or something like that.

My two cents on the idea.

Yup

« Reply #73 on: September 05, 2008, 09:34:45 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale

Nick,

It doesn't seem like the time or energy is going to be drummed up for any official section for a Hall of Fame, but really none of the other accolades dished out here have any official CB sanctioned place either - they were just started up and carried on.  The pages for 1000 posts and 100 TPs were just started and carried on.  Hell, I felt like a TP Pageant would be a great idea, so I went with it, and we had some fun.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you (or someone) wants to start the process of making a CB Hall of Fame, just start a thread in the Forums, make some parameters and see what happens.  Plenty of worse ideas have been met with plenty of enthusiasm and participation. (7 pages of discussion on Apples and Oranges  ;D )

I just don't know that we're going to see a home page section devoted to the CB Hall of Fame or something like that.

My two cents on the idea.

yup I second it
and help u take care of it if u want
I have my lock for first member or inducted

Nice to be back!

« Reply #74 on: September 05, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible
I'm down with an hall of fame. Why not make yearly all-star teams as well?

Become Legendary.