Author Topic: If Doc got on the guys about FT after game 4  (Read 1836 times)

If Doc got on the guys about FT after game 4
« on: May 13, 2009, 12:11:11 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Then KUDOS to you sir!

21/21 in game 5. Fantabulous.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 12:19:15 AM by vagrantwade »

Re: If Doc got on the guys about FT after game 4
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 12:17:03 AM »

Offline GeoDim

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 22
Are we really trying to give Doc credit for made free throws now?  The reason why we did so well from the line is because Rondo/Perk combined for 0 free throws.

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 12:19:30 AM »

Offline bballdog384

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
  • Rondolope
Are we really trying to give Doc credit for made free throws now?  The reason why we did so well from the line is because Rondo/Perk combined for 0 free throws.

And that brings up another problem... Rondo needs to be more aggressive.
"You can't play like a robot" -Coach Stevens

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 12:20:16 AM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I would like to think after that horrid FT show last game, there must have been some fire lit for them to focus up and hit 100%

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 12:24:37 AM »

Offline GeoDim

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 22
I would like to think after that horrid FT show last game, there must have been some fire lit for them to focus up and hit 100%
Do you really think that would help?  I think you're giving Doc too much credit.  These guys are professionals.  They know that they need to make free throws. 

If Doc spent a lot of time hammering them on their free throws, then maybe that's why they played absolutely horribly tonight in nearly every other aspect of the game.

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:26:42 AM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245

Well I think Rondo feels that if he shoots let's say 6 floaters and hits three, that's better than 6 layups, with Howard blocking a couple, a charge, a couple misses, spliity a pair from the line, and possibly an injury.  Not saying he shouldn't be more aggressive, but just giving a rationale. But truth be told, Rondo was fouled twice on shots, but didn't get the whistle.

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 12:45:56 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1680

Well I think Rondo feels that if he shoots let's say 6 floaters and hits three, that's better than 6 layups, with Howard blocking a couple, a charge, a couple misses, spliity a pair from the line, and possibly an injury.  Not saying he shouldn't be more aggressive, but just giving a rationale. But truth be told, Rondo was fouled twice on shots, but didn't get the whistle.

And he won't if he doesn't attack the basket more often. 

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »

Offline sufferahsmusic

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
edited and banned
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:13:54 AM by Edgar »

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 04:22:43 AM »

Offline gagvirk

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 2
I've got no problems with playing smart- esp when u r not getting the fouls and Dwight is patrolling the middle looking to swat you into next week..

But 1 thing I have zero faith in- are the floaters that Rondo chucks up. Most of them seem to clang off the ring and trigger a breakway in the opposite direction.

Thats why in my mind (when rondo looks to drive in) i keep chanting- go all the way, go all the way.. or even- Dunk in Howard's grill :) we know u can, Rondo :)