Author Topic: I HATE Al Horford.... but not as much as I HATE Bennett Salvatore  (Read 11782 times)

Re: I HATE Al Horford.... but not as much as I HATE Bennett Salvatore
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 11:26:19 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
how was the so called "shot clock violation" even a violation, rondo shot it when the PA announcer said "3 seconds," it was definitely not 3 seconds from the time it was blocked at about 250 mph by smith straight out of bounds on one bounce.

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2008, 11:27:23 PM »

Offline PerkinsERA43

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 39
Sorry, Perkins, but that is a really dumb thing to say.  If Pierce was suspended for a couple of games in this series who knows what would happen. 

maybe your right, but i'm am FURIOUS right now. each time ATL came down with an offensive board I ripped a little more hair out of my head. Plus all that other "stuff".

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2008, 11:27:55 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
I'm not about to hate on Horford for taunting. It's understandable, you're in a game where no one believes you can win and it's the playoffs. I don't blame him. They won. They can do whatever they want. It's up to the Celtics to figure out what to do from here.

what about when he ran his mouth to doc and the bench in game two, after making a shot....when the hawks were down 20?!

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:39 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
I'm not about to hate on Horford for taunting. It's understandable, you're in a game where no one believes you can win and it's the playoffs. I don't blame him. They won. They can do whatever they want. It's up to the Celtics to figure out what to do from here.

what about when he ran his mouth to doc and the bench in game two, after making a shot....when the hawks were down 20?!

Look, if they made it this far in sports, they aren't going to be some timid or passive person. You MUST have some bravado and confidence. Taunting and trash talk are (In my opinion.) just physical manifestations of these players' competitive juices. It's up the refs to watch it so it doesn't get inflammatory or escalate (Which they didn't.) I see nothing wrong with trash talk, if you can't back it up, so be it. I don't care for what Bibby has been saying throughout the series. If they want to talk or "disrespect", let them. The better team will let their game do the talking. Besides, it's not like the Celtics are the most quiet team in the league when it comes to trash talking.   

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 11:41:09 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

Look, if they made it this far in sports, they aren't going to be some timid or passive person. You MUST have some bravado and confidence. Taunting and trash talk are (In my opinion.) just physical manifestations of these players' competitive juices. It's up the refs to watch it so it doesn't get inflammatory or escalate (Which they didn't.) I see nothing wrong with trash talk, if you can't back it up, so be it. I don't care for what Bibby has been saying throughout the series. If they want to talk or "disrespect", let them. The better team will let their game do the talking. Besides, it's not like the Celtics are the most quiet team in the league when it comes to trash talking.   

i hear what ur saying....i was pointing out from ur previous post, that horford talks trash even when he is down by 20 pts, which is stupid, egocentric, and immature.

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 11:41:14 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
You really can't blame this one on the refs.  Hate Horford for sure, but the refs were not anywhere close to being the deciding factor tonight.  The call against Rondo late in the game pretty much clinched it for Atlanta, but the C's were still down 10 at that point. 
Yup

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 11:42:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Very disrespectful and classless by Horford. Tape of picture of it to Pierce's locker for next game.

We need to come out and kick some butt Monday.

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 11:44:07 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

i hear what ur saying....i was pointing out from ur previous post, that horford talks trash even when he is down by 20 pts, which is stupid, egocentric, and immature.

Oh I agree, no doubt it was immature, but that's up to him. If he wants to act a fool, he can. He just gets to do it on national television.

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »

Offline Raygus

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 19

i dont think the issue here is trash talking. Horford was on his way down the court after making that shot and  physically turned himself around, took 2 steps to get back to where pierce was on the ground, bent down and started yelling in pierce's face. it was the most rediculous thing i've ever seen. the kid's good - he still needs to show restraint. especially since its most likely the last victory his team will have until next season.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 11:51:55 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Did anybody catch when Pierce was walking over to the Hawks bench before Scal held him back and he was throwing up 3 fingers? He didn't make a three. Throwing up 3 fingers is usually what the bloods gang do. Was he signaling that it's only game three to the Hawks player or something else. I don't know what that was all about.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2008, 11:53:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Did anybody catch when Pierce was walking over to the Hawks bench before Scal held him back and he was throwing up 3 fingers? He didn't make a three. Throwing up 3 fingers is usually what the bloods gang do. Was he signaling that it's only game three to the Hawks player or something else. I don't know what that was all about.
Yeh, saw that too and not sure what he meant by it, but I really doubt it was anything gangsta related.
Yup

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 11:56:22 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

3's up...3 for the stripes perhaps, lol.  i have no idea what was being said, so i wont even speculate. i hope doc shows them this game tomorrow and monday morning to fire them up for monday night.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 12:02:57 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
Could be just a simple OK sign.  As in "we're ok"

Yup

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2008, 12:03:50 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

good one red!  TP for u

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2008, 12:05:37 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458

AHA. Yeah you're probably right. Another possibility is "we're gonna be you by 30 points next game". Lol, made that one up.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6