Author Topic: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?  (Read 25291 times)

Re: Favorite MJ video besides thriller?
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Why do we now idolize a known pedophile and drug abuser??????????  I am with you Afflatus!!!

I don't think anyone here wants to excuse MJ or say he shouldn't have been punished, but I think it is somewhat clear that MJ was essentially mentally sick. He needed serious help. Everyone is the product of nurture and nature and it seems to me that he wasn't nurtured at all. That kind of stuff can mess you up and he was messed up, so more than an average person I felt somewhat sorry for him.

Also it was well known that even after his serious problems became public parents still let their kids sleep in his bed with him. That's called "parent hopes something happens so they can make a buck" and people should have been criticizing them just as much as MJ but it wasn't happening. It's no different than giving a recovering alcoholic booze and then telling him he shouldn't drink it and that if he is he's a bad person.

I don't think I ever saw so many horrid public jokes and mistreatment about a clearly mentally sick person who needed help.  Except maybe Mike Tyson.

Just my humble opinion.

« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I loved Beat It and Remember the Time even though it had a Laker in it.

Also I loved it when he shot up into the Super Bowl and just stood there for like 5 minutes.

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2009, 04:29:35 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i think we need to be a little more clear. i don't think there is anyone here saying how great jackson was AND also thinks he WAS viloating kids. i hope not!
  i know it was'nt the point of this thread but i do think the dude was guilty. after paying out millions he returns to the same behavior of bringing kids around? sounds like an addiction to me. sorry. again, this is not the point of the thread but there are some really good people with a good heart that are unfortunately also drug abusers. now that CAN be sad. i don't think someone's a bad person because they are a drug abuser.

cornbreadsmart,

I again want to direct you to these two sources:

1993 = http://www.buttonmonkey.com/misc/maryfischer.html
2005 (same exact lynch mob (DA, Attorney, Sketchy Psychiatrist), new fradulent accuser) = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_v._Jackson

Read up on the actual cases before you make a uneducated assumption based on tabloid media reports and word-of-mouth speculation.   Seriously.  Do me a solid and read the first article that explains the circumstances of that 1993 trial in great detail.   If after reading that you still think he molested kids, I'll listen to your argument.

As far as "paying off the kid millions", that article will answer most of your questions about that detail.   HOwever, one detail that didn't come to light until the 2005 trial was that Jackson and his legal council (Tom Maserau) presented evidence that it was in fact Jackson's insurance company that negotiated and paid the settlement in 1993 despite protests of both Jackson and his lawyers. Simply put, his insurance company stepped in and tried to stop the bleeding. For what it's worth, Jackson had claimed that he didn't have control over the actions of his insurance company. You can read a snippet on that specific detail here: http://whoismichael.com/insurance-pay-out.htm

I don't expect that small snippet to change your opinion of the man... but I'd honestly be shocked if that 1994 GQ article doesn't enlighten you.  Get back to me when you're done reading it. 

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2009, 04:45:38 PM »

Offline EatSleepBreatheGreen

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 106
  • Men lie, women lie, numbers don't!
Let the man RIP. No need for negativity. Take that to another blog, maybe a music one or something. Answer the question, favorite music video and move on. You CAN respect someones work, and accomplishments, but not respect them as a person or human being. Here's a nice analogy. I respect the work and accomplishments of Kobe Bryant, but can not stand him as a person.

I'm an '85 baby, Michael was the man growing up. His music is timeless. You can go to any part of the world and turn on one of his hits, and Everybody will start dancing and trying to moonwalk. Guy is a LEGEND, PERIOD.

Favorite video is definitely SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
YUP, let's keep this one on topic.  I was going to try and break this one up to a separate thread, but there are too many tangents.  Let's talk about MJ videos please.  If you have something to say about the "Man in the Mirror" start a new thread. No mas por favor. - Redz
Yup

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Let the man RIP. No need for negativity. Take that to another blog, maybe a music one or something. Answer the question, favorite music video and move on. You CAN respect someones work, and accomplishments, but not respect them as a person or human being. Here's a nice analogy. I respect the work and accomplishments of Kobe Bryant, but can not stand him as a person.

I'm an '85 baby, Michael was the man growing up. His music is timeless. You can go to any part of the world and turn on one of his hits, and Everybody will start dancing and trying to moonwalk. Guy is a LEGEND, PERIOD.

Favorite video is definitely SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

Unfortunately the negativity is something that will consistently come up, because people continue to have a warped perception of the man based on hearsay instead of actual facts.  It was a lot easier to sell magazines and get people to tune into TV shows when they were bashing the most famous man alive.  Nobody wanted to hear about how all of those allegations were a simple case of extortion.  And still nobody wants to hear about it.  Which is sad.  Most people I link that article to simply dismiss it as "conspiracy theory" before even reading a word of it.  It's a widely acknowledged piece that has been passed around for years.  Nobody has ever disputed the authenticity of the content within that article.   The perpetual ignorance is what has driven Michael Jackson fans into hysterics for years.  People just assume they are "crazy".

So my whole thing is... it's something that really shouldn't be ignored anymore.  Word-of-mouth speculation is that Jackson's death had to do with drugs.  Again, not sure how much we can buy "word-of-mouth" speculation, but assuming this is true... that means that the man spent the last 20 years addicted to pain killers, because a large percentage of the world believed he was a pedophile.  And because of that, I think those who are clearly uneducated on the situation maybe owe it to the man to enlighten themselves now that their ignorance essentially lead to his downfall and ultimate death.

http://www.buttonmonkey.com/misc/maryfischer.html

That article explains the 1993 case.

The only other case of relevance is 2005.  And I can sum that up very simply.  

#1 The woman had been in and out of mental institutions.  
#2 She had attempted to extort money from Jay Leno and George Lopez in the past
#3 Her family once shoplifted from JC Penny... and she then sued them for 3 million claiming security guards beat up her family (no evidence presented)... it was settled for 130k...
#4 After the "living with michael jackson documentary aired", the entire world was looking at Jackson under a microscope. He made the infamous claim that he didn't mind "sharing a bed with a kid".  Gloria Allred, Diane Diamond and Nancy Grace called for his head.  A movement was in place to take his own children away.   In response, Jackson distanced himself from the boy and her mother.
#5 the mother responds by going to the exact same lawyer, the exact same psychiatrist and the exact same DA that handled the 1993 case.   Obviously she was aware of the results of that situation.
#6 The "time frame" of alleged molestation was that it STARTED a week after that documentary aired... at the height of the anti-Jackson movement.   Think about that ...
#7  The jurors literally laughed at some of her comments on the witness stand
#8 She also had claimed that her family was being held captive in the Neverland Ranch.  When presented with receipts from the alleged "captive" time period showing that she and the family had been going on massive shopping sprees using Michael's credit card to various restaurants and stores (Nordstrom, Outback Steak House, Tiffany, Gucci... here is a receipt for a full body wax) the woman snapped, "IT WAS NOT A BODY WAX!! IT WAS A LEG WAX!!" and then accused them of doctoring the receipt....    

Basically anyone who followed that 2005 trial outside of just what they saw on the front of magazine covers never had a doubt that it would result in a "not guilty" verdict.   The media might have presented the outcome as "shocking", but again... anyone who did a lick of research into what was actually going on realized that case should have (and probably would have in any other district not involving Tom Sneddon) been thrown out immediately.

My hope is that the uneducated folks can read up on the reality of his life and appreciate his talents without that hovering cloud.   Had the internet existed back in 1993 we'd collectively probably already be aware of this stuff.  So now that it ultimately lead to his death, I'll do my part to spread it.  

PS... I'm all for staying on topic.  But if people keep bringing up the fraudulent molestation claims, I feel like I owe it to the man to respond each time.  I'm willing to debate with someone who had read the facts.  But it's pretty much impossible for anyone to still think he molested kids after familiarizing themselves with the actual events.  Every Jackson-hater I've coaxed into reading about it has come away with the same impression.  "Wow... I didn't know that"
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:16:24 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2009, 05:16:16 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
LarBrtd33 I'm going to assume you were typing that lengthy post as I was posting the warning.  Let's draw the line there please. - Redz
Yup

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2009, 05:26:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Whose up for an Imax 3D re-release remastered version of Captain EO?  :)

lol

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
i don't care to read any articles. who knows maybe i'm wrong. maybe he did'nt do anything. i just don't care enough about this topic. i was actually just trying to defend people that still like him saying that they obviously would'nt be mourning a guy if he DID do those things.
  i'll add one more point then shut up because i admitedly don't have too muh knowledge on the subject.every single person that has done those type of things to kids.. i think you can bet they all suffered when they were kids. i don't believe anyone is born that way. but who knows.k. i'm out. i'm shuttin' up.

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2009, 06:46:39 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
larbrd33. just saw the email ya sent me. in the future please dont send me personal messages.sorry, this upset you.  i admit i am not educated on the subject. i'll keep my opinions on this to myself now.

« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2009, 09:13:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
 ;D ;D ;D

good idea... It's why I don't share my opinions on something like Iran.  I don't know a lick about it, don't care about it and have never researched it.  I'd sound like a fool commenting on it.

No worries.

I gotta say the best non-Thriller video is not even really a music video.  It's the iconic Motown 25 performance of Billie Jean when he first introduced the moonwalk.  It pretty much changed pop culture.  He dominated the decade from there on out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VASYhabHkM

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2009, 09:20:01 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
He definitely perfected it as he got older:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7MmEMrCRfc

« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2009, 02:31:56 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Anybody got video of the sidewalk?  The moonwalk was amazing and it overshadows the sidewalk, same concept but moving sideways.  Another amazing move, as well as the leaning way forward.  Seriously, how does he do that?
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2009, 04:59:51 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Anybody got video of the sidewalk?  The moonwalk was amazing and it overshadows the sidewalk, same concept but moving sideways.  Another amazing move, as well as the leaning way forward.  Seriously, how does he do that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBLxh3u0tM

within the first minute of that one

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Guys Im sorry that this got so off topic.  I started the thread with the goal of some of Michael's fans or people that just like some of his work sharing their favorites.  As I should have expected it soon took a very political turn.  I really am disappointed with those of you on this blog who couldn't keep your your political views out of this thread pro Michael or against him.  If you want to talk about the controversy, please start another thread.

-Rondo2287
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16