Author Topic: RONDO IS FREE!! no suspension  (Read 2082 times)

RONDO IS FREE!! no suspension
« on: April 29, 2009, 04:26:37 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Globe:

Cs Rondo to face no further action
Link|Comments (0)Posted by Marc J. Spears, Globe Staff April 29, 2009 04:22 PM
An NBA official said the situation with Celtics guard Rajon Rondo's hard foul on Chicago's Brad Miller in Game 5 yesterday in Boston stands as is. There was some concern that Rondo could get a Flagrant Foul or more due to the hard foul.

Re: RONDO IS FREE!! no suspension
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 04:29:32 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
So much for your silly theories of Celtics persecution in other threads.

Worthy of another ::)

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 04:30:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
So much for your silly theories of Celtics persecution in other threads.

Worthy of another ::)

you know..you are really someone I will be praying for...relax francis :-\

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Called this in the game thread - upgrading it at all opens a HUGE can of worms and brings further scrutiny on the officiating.  The NBA did not want to call the outcome of the game into question and give ammo to a persecution complex by Bulls fans/C's haters by calling it a flagrant (even though it clearly would be in any other situation).

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 04:37:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Called this in the game thread - upgrading it at all opens a HUGE can of worms and brings further scrutiny on the officiating.  The NBA did not want to call the outcome of the game into question and give ammo to a persecution complex by Bulls fans/C's haters by calling it a flagrant.
All the persecution complexes on both sides are pretty sad.

The only thing I will say in Rondo's defense is that he hit Miller in a place where it did maximum damage for the impact. He did not hit Miller hard enough to clothesline him, but busted up his lip big time. Seems a bit unfair though to let lighter guards get a way with this on big and heavy players, but not the other way around. But in the end, it is a judgment call.

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
Called this in the game thread - upgrading it at all opens a HUGE can of worms and brings further scrutiny on the officiating.  The NBA did not want to call the outcome of the game into question and give ammo to a persecution complex by Bulls fans/C's haters by calling it a flagrant (even though it clearly would be in any other situation).

good news. And I was just reading those thoughts in the new Simmons article. NBA likes to cover their unwanted business.

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 04:38:40 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1819
For some reason, I was hoping he would get a flagrant 1 just to calm the Bulls team a bit. I can see them taking a shot at Rondo during the next game.

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 04:40:27 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Good news, I'm truly relieved!

With Rondo the C's get a chance to win tomorrow in Chicago and to get to the second round while avoiding a game 7.

« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i think the bulls will be very tight tomorrow night..trying to get at rondo physically...elmination game...boston needs to come out from the start and get all over the bulls

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The only thing I will say in Rondo's defense is that he hit Miller in a place where it did maximum damage for the impact. He did not hit Miller hard enough to clothesline him, but busted up his lip big time. Seems a bit unfair though to let lighter guards get a way with this on big and heavy players, but not the other way around. But in the end, it is a judgment call.

Well, remember too that what really messed Miller up was hitting Pierce's elbow on the way down.  Getting raked across the face can scratch you up pretty good, but it doesn't knock out a tooth and cause extensive bleeding inside the mouth.

If this happens at any other point in the game I think we can all agree it would be a slamdunk Flagrant 1 though. 

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 05:11:00 PM »

Offline vagrantwade

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
They aren't going to suspend the guy when the call on the court was a personal foul.