Author Topic: Scal in....how dumb is that..!  (Read 8080 times)

Re: Scal in....how dumb is that..!
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 30
you guys belong on the blog and NOT on the court.....oh well, why educate the fools today....how is those beers and that crack pipe treating you today....you play like scal i bet LOL......got the headband too..hahahhaha..up by 2 ....on LA maybe...not the bulls...that is nothing.

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2009, 02:23:23 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
why even waste time responding to this kids post. His screen name says he is spfldkid, so I am guessing he is what 13? I'll take Doc's decision on who plays over yours any day. Scal is playing solid and anyways what other big men options do we have. We are not playing a SG at PF sorry kid......

« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
you won't go anywhere with scal in, okay.....

Well, the Celts outscored the Bulls by 2 when Scal was in, so he can't be hurting them *too* much.  He was the only bench player with a positive +/-.

Scal is not a productive player in terms of stats, but he fills a role competently.
Yet he grabbed 3 rebounds in 7 minutes.

As much as I support Scal, I'm willing to concede that that isn't the norm.  He's not a great rebounder (although he generally does keep the guy he's guarding off the boards).

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
you guys belong on the blog and NOT on the court.....oh well, why educate the fools today....how is those beers and that crack pipe treating you today....you play like scal i bet LOL......got the headband too..hahahhaha..up by 2 ....on LA maybe...not the bulls...that is nothing.

One more quote like that and you're gone.  Personal attacks aren't allowed.  Keep your comments aimed at discussing basketball, not other posters.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
you guys belong on the blog and NOT on the court
It might serve you well to spend some time thinking and researching the situation before you form and present your opinion.

Hint: "This is not a politically correct situation where everyone wins in the end" does not really qualify as a a well-supported opinion, you know.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 02:39:28 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
Oh yea, Scal was replacing BBD, Not MM. Great exchange. As usual, don't come at me, and I won't come Back at you. See both sides Mr moderator.Et All. Kid, as in "Old School Kid" But you aren't coming at me, right Mr Moderator, they aren't talking to me, that is about BBall......

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 02:43:17 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Oh yea, Scal was replacing BBD, Not MM. Great exchange. As usual, don't come at me, and I won't come Back at you. See both sides Mr moderator.Et All. Kid, as in "Old School Kid" But you aren't coming at me, right Mr Moderator, they aren't talking to me, that is about BBall......

With your attitude and hyper-sensitivity, maybe this blog isn't the best place for you.  If you feel somebody is "coming at you", report them.  Otherwise, ignore them.  Our rules aren't optional. 

« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
Well Scal and Perk almost blew it for us. Scal with the "I am late to my spot" Block, Perk with the usual rotten trip-pick....Thank God for Ray....now why didn't Doc put Scal in there for that 3...He IS just like posey...i would have put him in and had him take that shot...he is due to hit one. Then when he got the rebound with 1 second left....He called a timeout, good thinking, even though we didn't have any left....good heads up by our man! How could that hurt?

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Well Scal and Perk almost blew it for us. Scal with the "I am late to my spot" Block, Perk with the usual rotten trip-pick....Thank God for Ray....now why didn't Doc put Scal in there for that 3...He IS just like posey...i would have put him in and had him take that shot...he is due to hit one. Then when he got the rebound with 1 second left....He called a timeout, good thinking, even though we didn't have any left....good heads up by our man! How could that hurt?

Huh?  First, that block on Scal was arguably a charge; it was a *very* close call.  Moreso, why are you blaming Scal for Rose being left with a clear path to the basket?

The funny thing is, you post this seconds after Scal drained a big three.

« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2009, 03:55:15 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Good defense by Scal on Gordon at the end of the game to force a turnover.

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2009, 03:56:31 PM »

Offline Bhay99

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
Good defense by Scal on Gordon at the end of the game to force a turnover.

yup and a clutch three...OP has no clue...

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
We're not still playing if Scal isn't in the game.

The original point of this thread has been rendered moot by his play.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2009, 03:57:52 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
Ouch.  Dumb play by Scal there, no doubt.

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
hahaha. only scal or tony allen would make a foul there. if we survive this it may be a good thing. doc won't keep trusting scal. NOT  a smart player.

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2009, 04:04:52 PM »

Offline cornbreadsmart

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
i'd rsther have eddie house boxing out than mikki.