Author Topic: The crowd tonight...  (Read 9313 times)

The crowd tonight...
« on: April 23, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »

Offline Bri5152

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 4
As far as making Bibby feel uncomfortable, I think the crowd did an excellent job tonight.

I heard chants of:
- "*******" when he was at the line
- "Bibby sucks"
- "Rondo's better"
- "Where is Bibby"

Along with "boo"s every time he touched the ball. (I could be forgetting some, let me know if that is the case)

By the way, did anyone else find KG's three pointer awesome?

Re: The crowd tonight...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 11:02:17 PM »

Offline eddietours

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 19
anything TIM can do KG does it better lol ;D

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 11:05:30 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
the celtics made bibby uncomfortable.....the crowd gave the celtics the enegy to shut him down....we are too much for the hawks...

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:36:17 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I love the situation Bibby put the crowd in because not only did it allow the fans to rip on him all night, but also appreciate the great start to the series that Rajon has had.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 11:44:21 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Crowd did a great job tonight, and who knows the Celtics fans in Atlanta may outnumber the Hawks fans and can continue the trend.

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 11:49:43 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Oh man....that was awesome!  I am so hoarse now.  The crowd was so much better tonight than in game 1.  That was the most fun I've had at a game since they knocked down the "Old Garden"  And yes, KG's 3 was **** sweet!
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 12:10:58 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
"Rondo's better" came through loud and clear on my TV set more than 1,100 miles away.  Great work, Celts faithful!

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 12:19:20 AM »

Offline casCELTIC

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
  • Cassell, I am - Huevos, I use.
Oh man....that was awesome!  I am so hoarse now.  The crowd was so much better tonight than in game 1.  That was the most fun I've had at a game since they knocked down the "Old Garden"  And yes, KG's 3 was **** sweet!

i'm pretty hoarse as well.  as a season ticket holder, i can attest that this was the most rabid (i.e garden-like, non-jumbtron-induced) the crowd has been all year.  great to see it start to return.

i didnt like the fact the crowd stopping booing when bibby gave up the ball.  keep that boo going fellas!  (and fella-ettes!)

speaking of fella-ettes, a beautiful young lady was shown on the jumbo-tron holding the red'sarmy bibby face on a popsicle stick (the one featured on the front page blog earlier today).  TP for her.

also tp for the guy with the ubuntu linux distro logo as his avatar.  of course the rivers team defense pun.

anyways great game. i can only hope the crowd intensity continues to increase for the future home games

LETS GO CELTICS! ! !!!

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 12:40:34 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Sunday's crowd started much better. The "Let's go Celtics" while Phil Collins was playing and the Celts were still in the locker room. The same chant drowning out the announcing of the Atlanta lineup. But the energy died down when the game became a blowout.

Tonight was easier as a fan since Bibby was there to hate. The Gilbert game (1st game of season) was also intense throughout with the heckling, but was an even worse blowout.

I also need some time off to rest my voice too.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i did my part in cheering for the team and booing/heckling bibby.  as luck would have it, i was randomly sitting in front of sexyscottish!!!! he did his thing, the scottish way ;D  it was nice to chat it up with him and root for our team.

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 01:46:08 AM »

Offline mjohnson

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
Game 3 and Game 4..

{5min left at the 4th quarter. celtics leading by 15+.}
i would imagine the ATLANTA HAWK's building filled with mostly Celtics fan... hahahhaa..

Celtics fans should waived "BAIBAI" to Hawks fans during that time..  ;D

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 02:18:11 AM »

Offline aliendave

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 15
And that chant got mentioned in the AP recap article. Nice.

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:42:28 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
And that chant got mentioned in the AP recap article. Nice.

I was in the seats close to the Hawks Bench last night and I love the "Where Is Bibby" chant and how he actually stood up for a moment to face the fans.  That was a classic moment in my book.  Then came the "Rondo's Better" chant.  The one thing that would have made it even better was if Rondo broke Bibby's knee-cap like he did Steve Nash. 

PS. I'm also horse from last night game. I would have called out of work but I was seen on TV so what would my excuse have been????

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Good crowd tonight.  As someone mentioned before, it was great to see the crowd perform on its own for the most part without having to have the jumbotron incite things.  Some great chants and good energy. The Bibby stuff was awesome.

Just hoping that nothing happens to the unofficial Mayor of 311 (great fan) who was asked to leave last night by security (we think) and no one around us could figure out why.   ???

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:55 AM »

Offline 17iscoming

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I was at the game an agree 100% about the Bibby stuff.  I was slightly disappinted that the Garden didn't real "electric" in my opinion - but I'm sure it had to do with the way we gradually built the lead as Bob Ryan described today (the tide) and the general lack of competition.  I expect the place to be ROCKING for LeBron.