Author Topic: Kyrie now opt in?  (Read 13172 times)

Kyrie now opt in?
« on: June 11, 2019, 12:32:43 AM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
If Kyrie's plan was to play with KD, and KD opts in for a year with GSW now, would KI opt in and wait?  i'd rather him sign an extension or leave...and tbh i'd rather him leave...but anyone think this could happen?

Re: Kyrie now opt in?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
No.  He was planning on coming back, but Boston fans changed his mind since the playoffs ended. He now refuses to play for Bill Simmons and the rest of Celtic
Fandom

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 12:36:37 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
No.  He was planning on coming back, but Boston fans changed his mind. He refuses to play for Bill Simmons and the rest of Celtic
Fandom

Lol dude you need a hiatus until the Draft. I’m worried about you.

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:39:00 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
No.  He was planning on coming back, but Boston fans changed his mind. He refuses to play for Bill Simmons and the rest of Celtic
Fandom

From what I’ve been told, he was excited for next season and was going to actively recruit Durant to join him and Davis, but after the playoffs he looked online, saw the reaction from Celtic fans, and now refuses to represent this fandom.

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 12:39:27 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
No.  He was planning on coming back, but Boston fans changed his mind since the playoffs ended. He now refuses to play for Bill Simmons and the rest of Celtic
Fandom
And nyc is a safe space from media and fans

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 12:39:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Fandom

From what I’ve been told, he was excited for next season playing and was going to actively recruit Durant to join him and Davis, but after the playoffs he looked online, saw the reaction from Celtic fans, and now refuses to represent this fandom.
Your Andy Kaufman pfp makes more and more sense every day.

What are ya sauces
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 12:40:34 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Kyrie is definitely NOT opting into a 21M final year.  When he can sign a 4yr/140M+ contract.  KD's injury should re-enforce to Kyrie that would be a very idiotic thing to do. 

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:42:31 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kyrie is definitely NOT opting into a 21M final year.  When he can sign a 4yr/140M+ contract.  KD's injury should re-enforce to Kyrie that would be a very idiotic thing to do.
I would assume OP meant sign a max here rather than actually opt in
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 12:49:55 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
He could sign a 1+1 and then next season get an even bigger contract and see where KD and AD stand. Knicks (and maybe Lakers depending on pressure from LeBron) would gladly wait with one year deals all around this upcoming season.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 12:51:05 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Fandom

From what I’ve been told, he was excited for next season and was going to actively recruit Durant to join him and Davis, but after the playoffs he looked online, saw the reaction from Celtic fans, and now refuses to represent this fandom.

Pshhh. Dude you gotta stop trying so hard.

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 12:52:34 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
To answer the question - no... he will not opt in.  It would cost him significant money and the recent rumors are that he isn’t joining Durant anyways.  People expect Durant and kemba to go to the knicks and for kyrie to join the nets - maybe with someone like jimmy butler. 

Woj suggested today that kyrie is a lock to leave Boston.  Likely as a direct result of this forum, twitter and reddit. 

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2019, 01:01:29 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Exactly - it should reinforce to him that it would be idiotic to move to a team with less overall talent and less chance at winning a title  all while signing for a year and approximately $50M less. That would certainly be idiotic, especially for someone with his injury history.

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2019, 01:02:01 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
To answer the question - no... he will not opt in.  It would cost him significant money and the recent rumors are that he isn’t joining Durant anyways.  People expect Durant and kemba to go to the knicks and for kyrie to join the nets - maybe with someone like jimmy butler. 

Woj suggested today that kyrie is a lock to leave Boston.  Likely as a direct result of this forum, twitter and reddit.
Do you want the “leader” of the team to be so mentally fragile and be affected by what 10 anonymous online posters think about him? If what Kyrie read online about him from a portion of the Celtics fan base was the deciding factor for him to leave he should seriously reconsider his choice of profession.

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2019, 01:04:55 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

While I *sincerely* doubt this is the case, if it would be true then good riddance. Don’t need someone like that trying to lead us back to title town, as that highlights that he’s not mentally tough enough to lead us there.

He’ll have fun in NY if that’s the case - a much bigger market where I hear there are *many* more knowledgeable fans (sarcasm if you couldn’t tell).

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2019, 01:05:50 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith

Do you want the “leader” of the team to be so mentally fragile and be affected by what 10 anonymous online posters think about him? If what Kyrie read online about him from a portion of the Celtics fan base was the deciding factor for him to leave he should seriously reconsider his choice of profession.

TP - said the same thing.

What’s funny is that it will be only ten times worse in New York lol