Author Topic: 2015 Patriots Football  (Read 151303 times)

Re: 2015 Patriots Football
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Isn't the good news of this win the versatility of this team and the in-game adjustments that they are capable of making -- and making successfully?  It may have taken a little longer than it should have, but they adjusted to the reality that Solder was no match for Hardy and then managed to get the offense going with a balanced attack.
Also, the Pats defense is at least good enough to dominate a mediocre offense (Dallas: a good O-line, a very good TE, a decent run game, not good QB, and depleted reveiving group). 

I think corner and LT are the only glaring weaknesses on the Pats, while their strengths (including depth) are apparent all around.

On another note, how can Denver continue to eek out these wins? Great 'D' there, but 5-0 seems crazy.
Seemed like they were just executing better. Brady stepped up a few times to avoid the pressure and completed some big throws. He also finally got the ball out quick to Gronk who was being covered one on one for most of the game.

The only difference I realky saw was more run plays. But even that got stopped early. They just executed better in the second half with the run.

« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2015, 05:36:08 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Real interesting to read that the Cowboys ran a 3-2-6 dime scheme on defense for the bulk of the game. 

Could certainly help provide a blueprint for teams down the road although you still need the personel.  Dallas had some pretty strong pass rushers which helped matters.  Denver's defense is like this but on steroids plus they have the corners there. That'll be a real interesting matchup. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Real interesting to read that the Cowboys ran a 3-2-6 dime scheme on defense for the bulk of the game. 

Could certainly help provide a blueprint for teams down the road although you still need the personel.  Dallas had some pretty strong pass rushers which helped matters.  Denver's defense is like this but on steroids plus they have the corners there. That'll be a real interesting matchup.
What I find real interesting is that even admitting that Dallas ran something they'd never seen before, the Patriots still managed to hand 30 points on the opposition.

Also, I don't really think Butler should be jawing at people after getting completely burnt on a play which didn't end up in a TD just because Weeden can't really throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2015, 12:55:25 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Solder has a torn muscle. Out for season. Whoops...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

That's a tough loss there. I know he can be inconsistent but, still, losing your left tackle is never a good thing.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

That's a tough loss there. I know he can be inconsistent but, still, losing your left tackle is never a good thing.
Even more so when your plan B is Cannon, Fleming, or playing Vollmer out of position.

« Reply #126 on: October 18, 2015, 08:44:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
I don't think I've hated the talk before a game more than this past week.  Everyone talking blowout.  Worst start possible.  Long, strong drive by Indy.

« Reply #127 on: October 18, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Great play by butler to stop the first down.

« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2015, 10:43:06 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Felt uncomfortable all week with the talk about this game being an easy win, the only question is how much the Pats will win by, etc.

Pats seem ripe for a loss with their troubles on the offensive line and in the secondary, plus Edelman banged up.  Coming apart at the seams a little bit.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2015, 10:49:51 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Nice sack by Easley.  Indy is playing well -- too close for comfort right now.

Long drive please.

« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2015, 10:54:36 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Felt uncomfortable all week with the talk about this game being an easy win, the only question is how much the Pats will win by, etc.

Pats seem ripe for a loss with their troubles on the offensive line and in the secondary, plus Edelman banged up.  Coming apart at the seams a little bit.
''

Yes. Hated that relentless "blowout" talk.   Colts are fired up and the O-line is having more trouble as the game goes on. 

« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2015, 10:56:30 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
Gore slicing through Pats right now.

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:00 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Getting the feeling I often get with the Pats that winning this game will come down to forcing a turnover.

I don't really trust this defense to do that.  It's an OK unit, but they're nothing like what they had last year.They're back to the bend but don't break look that will likely prove inadequate in tight games.

You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #133 on: October 18, 2015, 10:58:44 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
What was that?

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #134 on: October 18, 2015, 10:59:12 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Hahahah Colts.
- Mark Twain