Author Topic: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1  (Read 107092 times)

Re: Heat (2-0) at Celtics (0-2) ECF Game 3 6/1
« Reply #675 on: June 01, 2012, 11:38:53 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!
Quis played to well tonight. Wouldn't be surprised to see the zebras take him out of the game on Sunday. lol

« Reply #676 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Le't bring Delonte in to sit in the stands with a huge sign, Lebron I am your father.  ;D

« Reply #677 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:08 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 154
  • The Patron Saint of Defense
Personally, I would like to see Doc just give his bench the chance to play consistently, like they did in years past. I *know* this bench is hardly as strong as we have had, but at this point, we have to have them continue to produce to win this series. Just trust them, if they blow it, then they do. We cannot ride Rondo for 53 minutes again and think we can win a series.

Tonight was a very good sign, Doc used his bench a lot more, though I still do not understand what he was doing in the 4th quarter. Just trust them Doc. Let them have the chance to fail...or succeed.
Bleeding green for 36 37 years.
"Maybe we do suck. But at least we don't wear yellow."

« Reply #678 on: June 01, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »

Offline greensquirrel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 65
C's did a good job with rebounds in two games in a row. I hope this becomes a trend.

« Reply #679 on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:07 PM »

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
From the Heat board tonight:

"Well refs made it happen for the C's"
Are they serious? They should be the last team to talk about refs since they've been getting biased calls throughout the playoffs. They see what happens when it's not all in their favor and they don't stay at the line the whole game.

I'm happy for the win even though I almost lost it when they lost the huge lead. Thank you Doc for playing Marquis because he brought a spark tonight along win Keyon.
This isn't over yet so I hope they go and win game 4. I feel more confident than  last year that they can win game 4.

« Reply #680 on: June 01, 2012, 11:42:13 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
In the interest of balance since Doc gets a good deal of negativity from a few posters every game, I want to credit Doc for getting this team prepared to play a terrific game in a losing effort on Wendnesday and then a great win tonight after that emotional loss.
Agreed. I would have used Daniels more in the fourth quarter, but Doc gets a major up for getting this team ready after the South Beach Heist Wednesday night.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #681 on: June 01, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
the difference between this year and last year is that we left game 3 with all of rondo's limbs intact

« Reply #682 on: June 01, 2012, 11:44:59 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
From the Heat board tonight:

"Well refs made it happen for the C's"
Are they serious? They should be the last team to talk about refs since they've been getting biased calls throughout the playoffs. They see what happens when it's not all in their favor and they don't stay at the line the whole game.

I'm happy for the win even though I almost lost it when they lost the huge lead. Thank you Doc for playing Marquis because he brought a spark tonight along win Keyon.
This isn't over yet so I hope they go and win game 4. I feel more confident than  last year that they can win game 4.

LIke I mentioned a few days ago, I work with a Heat fan and I asked her point blank, "Be honest, do you think the refs are helping Miami?" She laughed and said, "Oh yes, absolutely."

We talked more and I told her, hell, if Lebron and his gang are going to beat us, then I want to see them beat us, straight up, lights out, doing their thing. If the torch is going to be passed, then ok, it happens...but beat us as a team. Losing is nothing, I can handle losses without a problem. Losing with such crap that happened in the 1st two games is just nauseating.

When even Heat fans can see the problem, you KNOW there is a problem...lol

« Reply #683 on: June 01, 2012, 11:45:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Le't bring Delonte in to sit in the stands with a huge sign, Lebron I am your father. 

TP this is a must.

Whew, I got nervous in the fourth anyone else?

« Reply #684 on: June 01, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

Offline tgreanier

• Jayson Tatum
Le't bring Delonte in to sit in the stands with a huge sign, Lebron I am your father. 

TP this is a must.

No, never nervous. The run by the Heat was too late and time was against them. Had they done that in the third, I would have bitten off my own tongue of course.

« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2012, 11:54:15 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 874
  • GOT IT!!!

TP this is a must.

Just a little bit. They made a run mostly because of "old man" Mike Miller. C's settled down and closed it out.

« Reply #686 on: June 02, 2012, 12:00:27 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Gotta love Daniels.  Said it before the series: his game is probably the closest to Avery Bradley's of all the reserves we have.  Doc needs to continue to incorporate him the rest of the playoffs. 

He plays great D, can cut, can get to the hoop, and handles the ball very well.  Last year (prior to his injury), he was our top swing reserve. 

« Reply #687 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:06 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
Fantastic game by the boys tonight. Loved every minute!

« Reply #688 on: June 02, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Sweet Win
but not at all Surprised
Double D 2nite
Daniels and Dooling!!

Bartender..

tp's on me

« Reply #689 on: June 02, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Excellent game.  We actually had a better offense than the last one... which I didn't think was possible.  50% shooting.  Actually outrebounded them by 12.  Pierce one-upped his last performance by dumping 23 on a sprained MCL.  KG one-upped his last performance by dumping 24 and 11.  Ray was solid once again for the second game in a row.  Rondo was brilliant once again... shots stopped falling but it didn't matter.  21-10-6... fantastic.  Bench was better.  Outstanding.  The refs had our backs early and took the wind out of MIami's sails with some questionable calls in our favor (of the top of my head there was a blatant foul on LeBron from Pietrus that they swallowed their whistles on... there was a bogus "offensive foul" that was called on Battier where he clearly was set... a couple fouls inside we got away with)... All-in-all I'll take it.  We avoided the brooms.  Proud as punch.