Author Topic: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates  (Read 29499 times)

Re: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates
« Reply #150 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:25 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
C's lucky to have Tatum playing a nice role to plug in for Hayward.   So , Fultz would have been of little help the first half of the season , unable to step in and help at guard.  And if IT was not traded ....no Kyrie ....no help first half either while Thomas is recovering  .   The record would have been lucky to be .500 ....with no Hayward , no Fultz or IT.   Basically Brown and Al .

Would have looked like Cavs .    Cavs are basically Love and Bron and .500 team at moment.  With Bron needing a triple double nearly ever night for them to win or 40 points.

Danny would have taken Tatum regardless if they traded the pick or not.

Re: Fultz's Terrible Start & Injury Updates
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2017, 09:05:01 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248286/Markelle-Fultz-No-Longer-Feeling-Shoulder-Soreness

Fultz is no longer Injured but not playing. Bizarre. I still stand by my thought that he isn't injured and never was. They see he's a bust and are trying to figure out how to move him lol

Yep. It has been fake all along. Instead of sending him to the d league they're practicing with him in private to become some form of an NBA player (read: not completely terrible). The team, the coach and medical staff found nothing wrong with him other than minor soreness that all NBA players play through and sent him out to play (after he had already changed his shot). After ridicule of how terrible he is, they pulled him for no reason other than the agent (who didn't even know if the fluid was going in or out) said he's hurt (not the medical staff) This should be investigated by the NBA. We all already know Fultz sucks, but they shouldn't be allowed to lie about it through the veil of a fake injury.

76ers fans panicking over Fultz
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
This is the latest development in the Fultz saga:
 https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/939557537799696385

"Markelle Fultz is "no longer experiencing soreness in his right shoulder and the scapular muscle imbalance is resolved." Will continue PT and "elevated on-court basketball activities", and they'll "gauge his readiness in approximately 3 weeks.""

From the fans at 76er forums:
"so he has no pain at all, but he gets 3 more weeks? THREE? this is a joke. his shot somehow broke over the summer and he isnt able to find his old stroke back is all i get from this. frustrating"

"This is amazing. Gordon Hayward is out of his boot in less than two weeks. His foot almost fell off and it wouldn't shock me if he made his return ahead of Fultz despite the fact that his imbalance has been corrected and he feels no pain."  ;D

"Fultz is such a mental midget.

following him on social media is fascinating. he genuinely seems like one of the dumbest players I've ever seen"

"If in 3 weeks he's not on the floor, I'm going to extremely disappointed and angry."

"****OOO plz some of you defend fultz and the org some more plz

This team and fultz are the biggest jokes in the NBA

Im out for a bit I think. This team is just incredibly stupid and quite frankly doesnt deserve success right now

100% healthy and gona re evaluate in 3 more weeks AGAIN ****oo"

"Mental midget is 100% how I will refer to him from now on until he proves hes worth shedding that. Mental midget is a joke right now and for all I care at this point we can get another top 5 pick to then have sitout 2 years too. Joke of an org"

"I was really patient with this situation, but now i'm really p---ed. It was long enough already to deal with this kind of injury If they said that he'll start practicing but they won't let him play I'll be fine with it. But he missed over a month, now they say pain is gone and he'll be EVALUATED again in 3 weeks.

I can't make any conclusions like some posters here, cause we really don't have info, but I am really p---ed off and won't understand anyone who is cool with this situation, cause it's a complete joke right now."

"Great news, he’s 3 weeks closer to being out for the season"

"it's because his shot is still broken and they know it.

i guarantee nothing has changed with his broken shot in the last month and a half

he's a mental midget"

"The initial story was he hired a trainer to rework his shot. Nobody would intentially teach him to shoot fouls shots like Shaq, unless it was an undercover Celtics shooting coach. If so, brillant move by Ainge."
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:16:42 AM by CelticsElite »

Re: Guilty Pleasure: 76ers fans panicking over Fultz
« Reply #153 on: December 10, 2017, 11:01:47 AM »

Offline Thruthelookingglass

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 133
Poor kid.  Deserves better than that, I don't care who drafts him.

« Reply #154 on: December 10, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason

Yes, but the Sixers deserve the worst.

« Reply #155 on: December 10, 2017, 11:26:28 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Kid worked his butt off to get where he was. He was cut from his HS team, right, and works his butt off on his way up to the consensus (Thank God, DA wasn't among the consensus) number #1 pick.

Good for him. He got paid...big-time...set for life even if he busts out completely. Hard to feel bad for him.

Didn't seem to play with any hurt or urgency at Washington (I blame part of that on their terrible coach who was a good recruiter, that's it).

Re: 76ers fans panicking over Fultz
« Reply #156 on: December 10, 2017, 11:28:40 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Selectively quoting some fans to push a point is meaningless.  The Libertballers site isn't panicking.  Looks like the Sixers are putting the downtime to good use.  Coach Brown is holding the same classrooms sessions with Fultz like he did Simmons and they are also working on his diet and overall fitness. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21722893/philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-holds-jon-gruden-film-sessions-markelle-fultz

« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2017, 11:41:44 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Selectively quoting some fans to push a point is meaningless.  The Libertballers site isn't panicking.  Looks like the Sixers are putting the downtime to good use.  Coach Brown is holding the same classrooms sessions with Fultz like he did Simmons and they are also working on his diet and overall fitness. 

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21722893/philadelphia-76ers-coach-brett-brown-holds-jon-gruden-film-sessions-markelle-fultz
I didn't selectively quote fans. I quoted every post from this page after the "fultz is healthy now" news broke :  https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1644743&start=220#start_here

If I could I would quote all 4 pages of the 76ers fans but got tired of copying and pasting

« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2017, 11:52:22 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I didn't selectively quote fans. I quoted every post from this page after the "fultz is healthy now" news broke :  https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=1644743&start=220#start_here

If I could I would quote all 4 pages of the 76ers fans but got tired of copying and pasting

TP for the effort.

« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2017, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I wonder how "panicked" the 76ers fans will become when the Celts draft Ayton also  ;D

« Reply #160 on: December 10, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

The very first one I saw when I clicked the link was:

Christmas time seems like a good bet right now. Like others have said, zero need to rush Fultz back until he's 100% ready to let it fire from 3.

Didn't see you list that one or this one:

so there is a chance he plays in approximately three weeks? good good ill take it.

Like I said selective quoting to push a point that is meaningless.  These same fans your quoting would have been griping about Embiid and Simmons being out.  Didn't mean anything on their recovery and it means nothing for Fultz either. 

« Reply #161 on: December 10, 2017, 12:08:06 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The76ers need to enroll their kids in a Scared Straight program. Toughen em up a bit.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #162 on: December 10, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

The very first one I saw when I clicked the link was:

Christmas time seems like a good bet right now. Like others have said, zero need to rush Fultz back until he's 100% ready to let it fire from 3.

Didn't see you list that one or this one:

so there is a chance he plays in approximately three weeks? good good ill take it.

Like I said selective quoting to push a point that is meaningless.  These same fans your quoting would have been griping about Embiid and Simmons being out.  Didn't mean anything on their recovery and it means nothing for Fultz either.
ok you're right I did skip a few but the vast majority as you saw were panic after the news broke. Its pretty funny to see their panic posts and thought I would share

« Reply #163 on: December 10, 2017, 12:24:46 PM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
I read most of that in my head like I was listening to Bill Burr for some reason.

LOL,tp.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #164 on: December 10, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
TP for going outside of CB to find interesting takes from fans of other teams. You also initially brought up Cleveland fans freaking out about the BKN pick, too, right? That's before Phantom created a thread and took all the credit!!  ;)

One of my favorite things from FLC isn't her gamethreads, but her "comments from the other side" piece following each Cs game on her Celticsgreen website. I really enjoy reading other fans' reactions - often seeing that they are ultimately not much different than we are  :laugh: