Author Topic: Nikola Vucevic,Julius Randell or D'Anglo Russell  (Read 4870 times)

Re: Nikola Vucevic,Julius Randell or D'Anglo Russell
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:01:43 AM »

Offline boscel33

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 166
I've been on the bandwagon of Vuc for a couple of years.  Sign me up for him!
"There's sharks and minnows in this world. If you don't know which you are, you ain't a shark."

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
Cauley-Stein, Thomas Bryant, maybe a run at Porzingis? These are the guys I'd go for with cap space.

If we don't go that route and we get a guy like Russell instead then I'd be interested in bringing in Jahlil Okafor on a minimum contract. We'll need a back up center and if he ever gets his act together he could be good.

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 08:50:20 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Only problem with getting Vooch is that it eats up pretty much all of the capspace.

I mean, if we renounce EVERYONE, we have about 32 mill.

We would need to facilitate a trade of some sort to keep enough space to sign a point guard.

Ideally, if team can agree on a deal with Vooch (20-23 million per?) they would dangle Smart or Hayward as a sign and trade option so that capspace can be maintained.

Hayward and a pick for Vooch and Augustine.

basically a wash on capspace, meaning we could still offer a max contract elsewhere.

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 08:52:18 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
We will have 27 mil in cap space to offer Russel a max. He's a 23yo All-Star and the only one with star potential going forward. It's an easy decision for me.

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 09:26:25 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Cauley-Stein, Thomas Bryant, maybe a run at Porzingis? These are the guys I'd go for with cap space.

Oh yeah, Porzingis. I had forgotten all about him. I'd max him out. It's a risk (injury, how healthy moving forward given his giant size) but he is a fabulous talent.

A 7-3 guy who can post, make the midrange and shoot 3. He can defend around the basket and rebound his own area well. A multi-dimensional giant with exceptional scoring skills.

It's a risk but that is a risk I am happy taking.

I expect Dallas to match any offer. But still. Small chance they do not.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 09:48:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Oh yeah, Porzingis. I had forgotten all about him. I'd max him out. It's a risk (injury, how healthy moving forward given his giant size) but he is a fabulous talent.

A 7-3 guy who can post, make the midrange and shoot 3. He can defend around the basket and rebound his own area well. A multi-dimensional giant with exceptional scoring skills.

Yeah, dang I wish KP was a UFA. Can't see Dallas letting go of their Euro duo
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2019, 11:15:01 AM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
We will have 27 mil in cap space to offer Russel a max. He's a 23yo All-Star and the only one with star potential going forward. It's an easy decision for me.

Yes. Vucevic is the best player right now and Randle fills a positional need, but Russell is the player who's most likely to (re)-appear in future All Star games. Which is important, since he'll be an asset, where Vucevic and Randle probably wouldn't. And Russell fits the timeline of Brown and Tatum, so if Russell can increase his efficiency we might have our 3 All Star core set.

Edit: we also have Williams as a center prospect and I believe this year's draft has a lot of good big men, so we can potentially fix our frontcourt through the draft

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2019, 11:29:20 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Is there a reason to believe Magic will not keep Vucevic?

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2019, 11:40:30 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I could be talked into Randell on a decent contract. We clearly need some bigs and getting a rebounder for once would be nice.

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 11:50:33 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Vuc is at his peak right now and shoots the three well. Randle actually had a sneaky good year and is entering his prime. Russell is already a borderline all-star and probably the best asset going forward. I really don't know what I'd do.

Vuc probably puts a ceiling on the team's potential since he'll only be so good defensively as the team's anchor and could regress from career highs offensively. Randle could be a liability in terms of defense and stretching the floor. Russell could contribute to an offensive log jam with Tatum, Brown and Hayward. I really don't know what I'd do.

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 12:02:40 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

Yeah, dang I wish KP was a UFA. Can't see Dallas letting go of their Euro duo
I agree little chance but he's still coming off an injury. Someone is going to need to make Dallas cough up.

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Vuc is at his peak right now and shoots the three well. Randle actually had a sneaky good year and is entering his prime. Russell is already a borderline all-star and probably the best asset going forward. I really don't know what I'd do.

Vuc probably puts a ceiling on the team's potential since he'll only be so good defensively as the team's anchor and could regress from career highs offensively. Randle could be a liability in terms of defense and stretching the floor. Russell could contribute to an offensive log jam with Tatum, Brown and Hayward. I really don't know what I'd do.

Re-check Randles ability to hit the three, he has made that a big part of his game... I agree with you on his defense though
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Any one of them!

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 12:49:59 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Do we need any of them?

Pretty sure we need alot more talent than what we have now.