Author Topic: Drummond to ATL?  (Read 13758 times)

Re: Drummond to ATL?
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Who are the Top 5 most likely landing spots for Andre Drummond? James Edwards: Atlanta, Dallas (who could use a physical big man next to Porzingis and him and Porzingis are friends), Toronto (I’ve heard Masai has liked him for a long time and obviously, Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka are both expiring contracts; him and Kyle Lowry are friends), people say Boston, just because they think they need the center, but I don’t see that one working.
https://hoopshype.com/rumor/1308197/

Here's hoping that this guy knows what he's talking about.

I guess the obvious way to trade for Drummond would be by sacrificing Hayward. Not a fan of such a possibility.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 04:42:50 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2020, 05:00:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Kanter right now is a much cheaper version of Drummond. Drummond is averaging 17/16 playing starter minutes, while Kanter can put up 13/11-type numbers in just 20-25 minutes. And for all the questions about if Kanter can hold up against the likes of Embiid, Horford or Giannis in a series, Drummond has been even worse against those guys in his career.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Who are the Top 5 most likely landing spots for Andre Drummond? James Edwards: Atlanta, Dallas (who could use a physical big man next to Porzingis and him and Porzingis are friends), Toronto (I’ve heard Masai has liked him for a long time and obviously, Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka are both expiring contracts; him and Kyle Lowry are friends), people say Boston, just because they think they need the center, but I don’t see that one working.

I guess the obvious way to trade for Drummond would be by sacrificing Hayward. Not a fan of such a possibility.

Hopefully he does go to the Raptors and then they buy out Gasol! I would think Gasol would consider the Cs.

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2020, 06:52:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Hopefully he does go to the Raptors and then they buy out Gasol! I would think Gasol would consider the Cs.

Ibaka + Gasol > than Drummond  IMO

Raptors weakened , losing TWO decent center to get one who doesn't seem to move the needle no matter who he was paired with.  Just my thinking.  :)

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2020, 07:13:29 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen

Ibaka + Gasol > than Drummond  IMO

Raptors weakened , losing TWO decent center to get one who doesn't seem to move the needle no matter who he was paired with.  Just my thinking.  :)
No need for the Raps to trade them both. Gasol + pick(s)/young prospect(s) for Drummond works salary-wise.

the Raps trade Gasol + whatever to the Pistons for Drummond --> the Pistons cut Gasol and tank the rest of the season --> the C's sign Gasol via the buyout market

This is the scenario DefenseWinsChamps is suggesting.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:20:50 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2020, 07:43:49 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Maybe Drummond for Gasol and a heavily protected first or two seconds would get it done.

Then Detroit buys Gasol out.

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2020, 07:53:37 PM »

Offline celts10

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 25

This is exactly what I'm hoping. I'd love Gasol on this team.

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2020, 03:35:56 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sources-knicks-recent-talks-with-pistons-about-andre-drummond-more-than-just-exploratory/312399416

No Pistons-Knicks deal for Andre Drummond is considered imminent, but New York's recent conversations with Detroit about Drummond were more than just exploratory talks, according to SNY sources familiar with the matter.

ESPN reported that the Pistons are seeking expiring contracts in any Drummond trade and have had serious talks with the Hawks about a Drummond deal. The Knicks signed several free agents with contracts that aren't fully guaranteed for next season, so they have players who can be seen as expiring contracts by the Pistons.

Something worth noting on the Hawks and Pistons: several teams in touch with the Hawks recently came away with the impression that the club prioritizes trading for Oklahoma City's Steven Adams over Drummond. As Yahoo noted, Drummond has a strong relationship with Hawks star Trae Young.

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2020, 03:53:04 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/sources-knicks-recent-talks-with-pistons-about-andre-drummond-more-than-just-exploratory/312399416

No Pistons-Knicks deal for Andre Drummond is considered imminent, but New York's recent conversations with Detroit about Drummond were more than just exploratory talks, according to SNY sources familiar with the matter.

ESPN reported that the Pistons are seeking expiring contracts in any Drummond trade and have had serious talks with the Hawks about a Drummond deal. The Knicks signed several free agents with contracts that aren't fully guaranteed for next season, so they have players who can be seen as expiring contracts by the Pistons.

Something worth noting on the Hawks and Pistons: several teams in touch with the Hawks recently came away with the impression that the club prioritizes trading for Oklahoma City's Steven Adams over Drummond. As Yahoo noted, Drummond has a strong relationship with Hawks star Trae Young.
I wonder if the pistons are using the hawks to drive up the price for drummond. I can’t see anyone but the Celtics trading for him... maybe  Houston or Dallas

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2020, 04:09:45 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Don’t count out Lakers ugh...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2020, 05:04:15 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
Good. Imo, Drummond would be a very awkward fit next to AD.

« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2020, 05:50:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Good. Imo, Drummond would be a very awkward fit next to AD.
LeBron wouldn’t stand the threat Drummond poses to his rebounding stats ;D
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Lakers don't need Drummond.  He's not going to help against the Clips.  They need another wing. 

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2020, 10:04:38 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Pistons Haven't Been Offered Any First Round Picks For Andre Drummond

The Detroit Pistons haven't received any first round pick offers for Andre Drummond.

Drummond can become a free agent this offseason, which mitigates what teams might be willing to give up for him. Drummond has a player option worth $28.7 million next season.

The initial deal discussed between the Pistons and the Atlanta Hawks over Drummond consisted of only expiring contracts.

JAMES L. EDWARDS III/THE ATHLETIC

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256790/Pistons-Havent-Been-Offered-Any-First-Round-Picks-For-Andre-Drummond

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2020, 10:24:20 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Pistons Haven't Been Offered Any First Round Picks For Andre Drummond

The Detroit Pistons haven't received any first round pick offers for Andre Drummond.

Drummond can become a free agent this offseason, which mitigates what teams might be willing to give up for him. Drummond has a player option worth $28.7 million next season.

The initial deal discussed between the Pistons and the Atlanta Hawks over Drummond consisted of only expiring contracts.

JAMES L. EDWARDS III/THE ATHLETIC

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256790/Pistons-Havent-Been-Offered-Any-First-Round-Picks-For-Andre-Drummond
Somebody will offer them a 1st I would imagine. 

Maybe something like this: Dedmon, Joseph, Protected 1st for Drummond.  Not sure the Pistons do that as it adds long term salary, but I think it is a reasonable trade for both teams. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip