Author Topic: Star Wars: Episode IX  (Read 29360 times)

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2019, 07:11:24 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I'm fortunate that, like the widespread critical consensus, I thought "Last Jedi" was absolutely brilliant.

I enjoyed it as well, but unlike many I did not go into the movie wanting a certain storyline or following some theory.   I thought the Leia thing was stupid and they should have let her die.   But I liked it as well.

I thought Solo was great but the guy they cast as Solo, did not even remotely look like him.   But he grew on me as the movie went on.    I think had that been a different movie about a different person  people would have loved it.

« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2019, 08:19:04 AM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Can't say I'm too exicited. Not gonna be fooled again after how bad The Last Jedi was. Bringing Palpatine back just feels like fanservice until proven otherwise.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2019, 10:12:37 AM »

Offline number_n9ne

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 126
I'm fortunate that, like the widespread critical consensus, I thought "Last Jedi" was absolutely brilliant.  That just magnifies my hype for this movie even more.  I feel bad for fans who hated it and will be going into this one wading through salt.

I left Last Jedi disappointed. Looking back I think it's because it didn't go the way I wanted it to after reading so many fan theories. I saw a tweet a week later saying that if you hated it, go see it again in theaters, which I did, and I absolutely loved it. It's up there in my top 3 now.

Also completely agree with you on the cloning business. I could do with out it.

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2019, 10:16:34 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I'm fortunate that, like the widespread critical consensus, I thought "Last Jedi" was absolutely brilliant.  That just magnifies my hype for this movie even more.  I feel bad for fans who hated it and will be going into this one wading through salt.

I left Last Jedi disappointed. Looking back I think it's because it didn't go the way I wanted it to after reading so many fan theories. I saw a tweet a week later saying that if you hated it, go see it again in theaters, which I did, and I absolutely loved it. It's up there in my top 3 now.

Also completely agree with you on the cloning business. I could do with out it.

same, I was extremely disappointed how Snoke was killed off so easily after promoting him as this big bad guy in the "The Force Awakens". Unless Palpatine is somewhat involved

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Another death star lol

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2019, 11:43:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Can't say I'm too exicited. Not gonna be fooled again after how bad The Last Jedi was. Bringing Palpatine back just feels like fanservice until proven otherwise.
Seems like all they have left is going for hail-mary fanservice
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2019, 12:18:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I liked Rey clone of the Emperor or Starkiller or even Revan theory because as others had said clones are a thing in star wars. Dont like the idea as her being a Skywalker because there is already a Skywalker in Kylo. His rise taking over the Empire makes sense but it would suck if they made his reign over in a single movie though.

No matter what they do they probably won't get things perfect but hope it's better than Last Jedi.

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 12:22:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Awesome trailer. Just a stupid name for the film.

« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2019, 02:36:11 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The trailer looks cool. Gives me some hope that this one will be better than The Last Jedi. I quite liked The Force Awakens, because it was exciting to see a lot of beloved characters and find out what they'd been up to for the past 30 years, and it ended on a great cliffhanger. But I was disappointed with The Last Jedi—there were no great reveals, big bad Snoke was killed waaaayy too easily, and they kinda made Luke a sad parody of himself.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2019, 10:43:53 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The trailer and title dropped for Episode IX.

"The Rise of Skywalker"
https://youtu.be/adzYW5DZoWs

Some interesting things to note; Leia holding Luke or Han's medal they received after the Battle of Yavin, Lando is back flying the Falcon, the trio looking over the wreckage of the Death Star while you hear Palpatine's laugh in the background. Ian McDiarmid is confirmed to be coming back for this movie. I'm excited, this was a great trailer and I'm pumped to find out the meaning behind the title. Is Rey actually a Skywalker? Will Ben redeem himself and his family? Is there another Skywalker somewhere?

that trailer is the definition of "epic"

can't wait

that lead actress is a beauty

« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2019, 12:21:38 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I have not been a fan of the sequel trilogy but I’ve seen both movies. I’d guess Rey is a clone. She’ll have to fight an evil version of herself( jJ is known for ripping off ideas) and I’m gonna guess the Knights of Ren are all clones of her as well ( but without the force).

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2019, 01:15:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have not been a fan of the sequel trilogy but I’ve seen both movies. I’d guess Rey is a clone. She’ll have to fight an evil version of herself( jJ is known for ripping off ideas) and I’m gonna guess the Knights of Ren are all clones of her as well ( but without the force).

Clones, or a vision like Luke had in the cave.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2019, 01:17:37 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
God, I really hope they don't go the clone route with Bad Rey v. Good Rey.  Hopefully, just some sort of Force vision or, like Roy mentioned, something similar to the cave.

I'm also really hoping they don't go with this rumor of the Emperor possessing others' bodies.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2019, 01:40:55 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Id say the sequels so far strengthened my appreciation for the prequels. They were wonderfully made movies that actually took risks and created compelling environments befitting a space fantasy.

« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Another death star lol

More like the ruins of an old one. This trilogy is so disappointingly incoherent though, In isolation, I could find reasons to appreciate the Last Jedi and The Force awakens. Together, their flaws magnify each other
Banner 18 please 😍