Author Topic: The filter/editing of words is getting out of control  (Read 7628 times)

The filter/editing of words is getting out of control
« on: March 18, 2012, 09:18:20 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
This is crazy, I understand that celticsblog doesn't want cursing or abbreviating cursing , but this is out of control.

Apparently if a word has f-u to begin it now gets edited , so don't plan on using words like f-u-t-u-r-e  or f-u-r-t-h-e-r

Heck you can't even spell the word p-o-s-t-e-d without it getting edited because it has a p-o at the beginning of the word

****ted   = p-o-s-t-e-d
****ture   = f-u-t-u-r-e

come on celticsblog can we please fix this and not go overboard on the censorship ? this is ridiculous .... ::)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:56:21 AM by rondohondo »

Re: The filter/editing of words is getting out of control
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:33:45 AM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
agreed

future posts will look [dang] stupid at this rate . .
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:27:17 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Let me try a hand at this...

****nny ****rniture has no ****ture, so into the ****rious ****rnace it goes.

Or...

Power****l pottery potentually ****es a ****itive ****ition to potent potentates.

Edit upon retrospection...

Of course, on the plus side, writing on cb is now a snap. Simply type ************* ********** **** ****** for each and every post and you are done.  ;)

I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Post fun posh posts
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:30:20 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Let me try a hand at this...

****nny ****rniture has no ****ture, so into the ****rious ****rnace it goes.

Or...

Power****l pottery potentually ****es a ****itive ****ition to potent potentates.

hahaha

i guess it edits p-o-s words not p-o words

posting on here will be so much fun now....

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Ha ha.  Was starting to see the effects of that and wondering what was up.

For the record, I like that Jeff (and I guess the site overall) keeps the dialogue clean and family friendly.  Just a little more finetuning required.

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 11:05:47 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I didn't know this and I was in support of the editing, but now I just gotta try to type in some lyrics and famous stuff like the Gettysburgh Address just to see what happens.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.
Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation, or any nation, so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.
But, in a larger sense, we can not dedicate, we can not consecrate, we can not hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us—that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion—that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain—that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Here we come, walking down the street
We get the funniest looks from everyone we meet.

Hey, hey, we're the monkees
And people say we monkey around,
But we're too busy singing
To put anybody down.

You know that we want to
Do what we like to do,
The only time we get restless
Is around something new

To put anybody down.

We're just trying to be friendly
So come and Hey, hey, we're the monkees
To put anybody down.

Anytime or anywhere, just look over your shoulder
Because we'll be standing there.

To put anybody down.

To put anybody down.

We're just trying to be friendly,
So come and Hey, hey, we're the monkees
To put anybody down.

Hey, hey, we're the monkees!

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 11:10:14 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I don't know why this is my new favorite thread, but it absolutely is.   People are going to start inserting stars just for fun because ****** and then ***** and when we're done with ***** we're gonna *****.  Who wants ****** ? Because I'm telling you right now ******.  This is gonna be *****.

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 11:12:33 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I also find it funny that something Roy said in a locked thread came up this way right before he locked it on Mar 11.

Again, see the rules ****ted above.  If you're ****ting something that is likely to offend somebody else, don't ****t it.

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 11:20:34 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 01:06:07 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
I don't know why this is my new favorite thread, but it absolutely is.   People are going to start inserting stars just for fun because ****** and then ***** and when we're done with ***** we're gonna *****.  Who wants ****** ? Because I'm telling you right now ******.  This is gonna be *****.

I miss the starred out POS's already.  Posimpos became ****im**** .  And does this mean that the "PO" in Master Po actually stands for "Piece of"....So many questions.
Yup

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 01:49:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yeah, I'll take care of this.  I think one of us must have recently edited our blog filter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Yeah, I'll take care of this.  I think one of us must have recently edited our blog filter.

cb posterity posits positively on its future. t***ks.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I miss the starred out POS's already.  Posimpos became ****im**** .  And does this mean that the "PO" in Master Po actually stands for "Piece of"....So many questions.
I assumed it was pizzed off