Author Topic: 2K: Playing As Next Year's Team  (Read 12008 times)

2K: Playing As Next Year's Team
« on: July 03, 2015, 12:45:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
So, I have July 3rd off and have nothing better to do.  Therefore, naturally, I'm playing a bunch of 2K, and doing it as our own beloved Celtics.

Superstar difficulty.  My own sliders (which skew defensive).  Real Player FG% on shots and free throws.  12 minute quarters.

In place of Terry Rozier, RJ Hunter, and Jordan Mickey, I am using Trey Burke, Jeremy Lamb, and Lou Amundson, respectively.

I traded Evan Turner for Moe Harkless.  No other trades.

Depth chart

Thomas
Bradley
Crowder
Sullinger
Amir
-----
Smart
Olynyk
Zeller
Jerebko
Rozier (Burke)
-----
Hunter (Lamb)
Harkless
Mickey (Amundson)
----
Wallace
Young

Here's the box score from Game 1 against the Nets.

Most of the game I played with two distinct lineups.  I don't like doing 5 man substitutions, but it seemed appropriate with this team.  The bench unit played more or less as well as the starters.

Thomas scored 18 in the first half but didn't do much in the second.

The Nets were not a difficult team to beat.  Only Lopez and Deron gave me any trouble.

Six players in double figures, and one basket away from a 7th.  I like to see that.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:49:29 PM by PhoSita »
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Re: 2K: Playing As Next Year's Team
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 12:59:02 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Atta boy Isaiah!

Don't think Burke is the right sub for Rozier. I'd go Tony Wroten. And for Mickey, I'd go Jeremy Evans or someone like that.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:04:44 PM »

Offline JoeyAinge

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Seems about right

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:08:47 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Atta boy Isaiah!

Don't think Burke is the right sub for Rozier. I'd go Tony Wroten. And for Mickey, I'd go Jeremy Evans or someone like that.

Tony Wroten is 6'6'' so it's not the greatest comp.  I picked a guy I knew I wouldn't be able to put up huge stat lines with.  Wroten is cheese in 2K.

Burke is a comp for Rozier I saw on a couple sites.  It was either him or Dennis Schroder.  But he's another easy-cheese guy.

I'm not really expecting to use Amundson / Mickey so it doesn't matter much.  I just wanted a 6'8''ish guy who rebounds and defends but who is solidly a third or fourth stringer.  Jeremy Evans was my first thought, but it turns out he's at least 20 pounds lighter than Mickey. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 01:29:24 PM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I love 2k!

And Q*bert!!!

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 01:30:27 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Sim an entire season. Do they win less than 30 games?

Did you have to manually create the rookies or did you find an updated roster.  If you made them yourself, make sure they are all 1 star players with 1.5 star potential.  The rookies will be non factors.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 01:35:43 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2015, 01:35:51 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
You can download the roster including the rookies, there was a thread on here this week about how to do it
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:13 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
You can download the roster including the rookies, there was a thread on here this week about how to do it

I don't really like using fan-made rookies.

As for simming the season, that's not really the point.  I don't need to see the 30 win season where the team's leading scorer is Thomas with 15 points and everybody else is averaging under 10 and the team has a 42% field goal percentage on the year.

The 2K simulation engine is pretty draconian toward low-talent teams.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2015, 01:48:46 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

Did you have to manually create the rookies or did you find an updated roster.  If you made them yourself, make sure they are all 1 star players with 1.5 star potential.  The rookies will be non factors.

I'm using players that already exist who I believe are decent analogs for what we can expect out of the rookies.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2015, 01:51:38 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Has Sully lost any weight?   That's my concern

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2015, 01:56:18 PM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Has Sully lost any weight?   That's my concern

He was asking the same thing about you. Why are YOU concerned with his weight  ;D

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I'm using players that already exist who I believe are decent analogs for what we can expect out of the rookies.

I was also expecting a Sim'd season with updated rosters around the league.

I am disappoint.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2015, 02:05:04 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I am disappoint.

Sorry, maybe I'll do that later, but I'm interested in actually playing as the team for the moment.

- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Game #2 was pretty ugly.

The Rockets were the opponent.

Harden and Dwight dominated. 

Harden - 43 pts 8 reb 7 ast on 16-28 shooting, 4-9 from 3, 7-7 FT.

Dwight - 20 pts 14 reb 2 ast 1 stl on 9-15 shooting, 2-2 FT.

Was a 2 point game with 5 minutes or so left.  Turned into a de-facto blowout because Isaiah couldn't hit shots and Harden took over.

Really couldn't score in the paint all game.  The Rockets really dominated the paint in general.  Not a huge surprise.

Plus-minus tells the story in this one: The starting lineup got boned.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2015, 02:17:31 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

I am disappoint.

Sorry, maybe I'll do that later, but I'm interested in actually playing as the team for the moment.

Pfft. Actually play the game. What are you doing, trying to have fun?

Weirdo.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.