Author Topic: Celtics (43-29) at Hornets (32-39) Game #73 3/23/19  (Read 24336 times)

Re: Celtics (43-29) at Hornets (32-39) Game #73 3/23/19
« Reply #270 on: March 24, 2019, 12:19:52 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Rozier and Morris can stay far, far away from this team. Stevens can pack his bag and leave with them too. Tatum and Brown needs to be dealt for a generational talent soon.

That is all I can think of right now.

Tatum and Brown ? Why would we ship out our two best players of the young core who were drafted to rebuild this team ?
Especially with the way Brown has played as of late (ignoring the games where he was mysteriously benched). He has been really good since the ASB
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #271 on: March 24, 2019, 12:20:29 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Rozier and Morris can stay far, far away from this team. Stevens can pack his bag and leave with them too. Tatum and Brown needs to be dealt for a generational talent soon.

Tatum and Brown ? Why would we ship out our two best players of the young core who were drafted to rebuild this team ?

Because Tatum has just been inconsistent for most of the year and lacking in defense. Brown has been playing well, so his value should be worth the trade in a package for Anthony Davis.

And it takes both of them to get Anthony Davis.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #272 on: March 24, 2019, 12:23:47 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Im now counting myself lucky i couldn't get the game ....so i read a book. ;)

I m starting to think this team needs a complete reboot of much of the players .  The chemistry is just all wrong.
Strangely, I think a reboot at about this time was planned on all along because stories are Ainge has been posturing this team to eventually trade for Davis since early in Davis' rookie contract.

I find it easy to think about fours years ago once IT appeared to be a star, that Ainge envisioned a Thomas, Horford, Hayward, Davis foursome knowing Horford would be available one year, Hayward the next and Davis for a trade either this year or next. He positioned everything for that to happen and this is before drafting Brown and Tatum and seeing how good they would become. They were just assets for Davis.

And given he upgraded from IT to Kyrie, I think that reboot is even more likely to happen but now he probably hopes to keep one of the Jays. Hope he can.

I understand and thats why im not upset at this point ,  disappointed as i love to win all the time, but realize the end goal is still to come.

Next season is an all new year .

« Reply #273 on: March 24, 2019, 12:24:46 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Because Tatum has just been inconsistent for most of the year and lacking in defense. Brown has been playing well, so his value should be worth the trade in a package for Anthony Davis.

Why? We've seen from the Kawhi and PG13 deals that superstar trades with long-term uncertainty don't warrant every asset a team has

« Reply #274 on: March 24, 2019, 12:36:05 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Why? We've seen from the Kawhi and PG13 deals that superstar trades with long-term uncertainty don't warrant every asset a team has
We still have to give something up. I mean Hield needed to be traded for Cousins. Oladipo for George. DeRozan for Kawhi. Thomas and a lotto pick for Kyrie.

Tatum or Brown for Davis sounds right as the main pieces of a trade, especially if Smart and multiple 1sts are involved. My guess is New Orleans management could see upside in Tatum, similar to what Sacramento management saw in Hield.

« Reply #275 on: March 24, 2019, 12:36:29 AM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
This season is a serious grind for us fans.  I mean last year Tatum was one of my fav players on the team.  He hustled on def, laid it all out almost every game.  Yeah he made dumb rookie mistakes, but there was an effort and a buy-in that seems gone at this point.  I am to the point where I am getting concerned that the Pels may want Brown instead of Tatum.  That can't happen.
At this point the Pelicans will probably only make the trade if they can get both.

And Danny is star-struck enough to trade them both. Two brilliant draft choices (who used to love being Celtics) given away for a one-year rental.

Those who think this is what Tatum will look like for the rest of his career are blind to the factors that have negatively impacted him this season.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 12:41:34 AM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #276 on: March 24, 2019, 12:38:54 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

We still have to give something up. I mean Hield needed to be traded for Cousins. Oladipo for George. DeRozan for Kawhi. Thomas and a lotto pick for Kyrie.

Tatum or Brown for Davis sounds right as the main pieces of a trade, especially if Smart and multiple 1sts are involved. My guess is New Orleans management could see upside in Tatum, similar to what Sacramento management saw in Hield.
Oh yeah, definitely. I'm on board with trading one of them if DA is confident that AD will love it here. But I was more speaking to the bold