Author Topic: Bulls (10-2) at Celtics (4-5) 1/13  (Read 93057 times)

Re: Bulls (10-2) at Celtics (4-5) 1/13
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I dont know if anyone brought this up but if Rose does play tonight, I feel he will be at least a little off. Since he was a game time decision throughout the day, his toe must still be a little uncomfortable.

My thinking with this is while he could still play a lot of minutes, his toe may limit his greatest threat in driving to the basket, or at least as effectively. What this would do is make him pull up for jumpers and 3's more to make up for layups. And if this is true, it would result in a less productive Rose who is not the greatest shooter especially from deep.

Whatever, lets just beat him in the garden. Rondo's biggest challenge yet. Rose scored 30 the last two games against us so this game will rest on rondo's defense.
I hope that isn't the mind set of our guys this Bulls TEAM will be ready regardless if Rose is limited he will get yanked and other guys will step up
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2012, 07:26:01 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Wait, who's out? Doc is talking about playing E'Twuan and Bradely a lot in their place... talking point guard... Rondo???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1BKmnic5LI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2a37d52FAAAAAAAAAAA
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:37 PM »

Offline jarufu

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 123
This team has pride and has never been this bad record wise this deep into the season. I think you see when of those, "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore" performances that has this team control the game from the outset and win going away.

Celtics show up big tonight. I just know it.

oh oh, can this happen? puhleeeze!!!
Stay classy, San Diego. Hello, Baxter? Baxter, is that you? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee. Is this Wilt Chamberlain? Have the decency to say something.

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2012, 07:37:52 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Wait, who's out? Doc is talking about playing E'Twuan and Bradely a lot in their place... talking point guard... Rondo???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1BKmnic5LI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2a37d52FAAAAAAAAAAA

Dooling.

« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Dooling's out, probably for Indiana too.  Supposed to have some issue with his knee.  What is striking here is how Doc is talking about EM as the C's best PG option outside of Rondo.  He's gone with Dooling for his experience, but likes him better at the 2.

Interesting!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:54:32 PM by clover »

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2012, 07:42:57 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
For some reason I just can't see us losing this game. Sheer ego and pride alone will win this game for us. It just has to.

Well then again I said the same thing against the Hornets so...

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2012, 07:46:06 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Dooling.

Oh yeah, that's right, I forgot! Thank you basketball gods it's not Rondo! I can't wait to see more of Moore!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2012, 07:54:42 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Actually Doc said he was going to play Avery and Marquis in Dooling's place at the point. When asked about E'Twaun he elaborated about him but his first comment was he was going to replace Dooling with Bradley and Daniels.

I agree with Doc. Dooling is a 2 guard. I think he proved that for all to see last game. 4 TOs in 15 minutes. WOW!!!He's averaging a ridiculous amount of TO's per 36 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't think Bradley has the ability to be the type of PG this team needs. I don't think Doc has any faith in Moore to play at all unless its garbage time(his comments regarding focus when talking about Moore was very important IMO. You can know all you want and be as skilled as you want but if you can't focus on your specific duties and do them, you won't see the floor). And I don't think Daniels is playing very well at any position right now.

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2012, 08:01:55 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
I dont know if anyone brought this up but if Rose does play tonight, I feel he will be at least a little off. Since he was a game time decision throughout the day, his toe must still be a little uncomfortable.

My thinking with this is while he could still play a lot of minutes, his toe may limit his greatest threat in driving to the basket, or at least as effectively. What this would do is make him pull up for jumpers and 3's more to make up for layups. And if this is true, it would result in a less productive Rose who is not the greatest shooter especially from deep.

Whatever, lets just beat him in the garden. Rondo's biggest challenge yet. Rose scored 30 the last two games against us so this game will rest on rondo's defense.
I hope that isn't the mind set of our guys this Bulls TEAM will be ready regardless if Rose is limited he will get yanked and other guys will step up

I'm just saying he MIGHT be limited, which implies a bigger role for our players not covering Rose. I was just thinking how ray, Pierce, and KG cover their opponents will be just as important or more so then Rondo.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2012, 08:02:31 PM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
  • GOT IT!!!
JO coming off the bench. hmmm

« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2012, 08:03:29 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Bass is starting. Like it!

« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 08:05:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
play players that play like they want to play.

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
Doc exploring lineup changes. Huge yes

« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:09 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Bass starting? Who is going to protect the rim? Doc you idiot!!! You have Steamer. Oh yeah, he's a rookie.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Actually Doc said he was going to play Avery and Marquis in Dooling's place at the point. When asked about E'Twaun he elaborated about him but his first comment was he was going to replace Dooling with Bradley and Daniels.

I agree with Doc. Dooling is a 2 guard. I think he proved that for all to see last game. 4 TOs in 15 minutes. WOW!!!He's averaging a ridiculous amount of TO's per 36 minutes.

Unfortunately I don't think Bradley has the ability to be the type of PG this team needs. I don't think Doc has any faith in Moore to play at all unless its garbage time(his comments regarding focus when talking about Moore was very important IMO. You can know all you want and be as skilled as you want but if you can't focus on your specific duties and do them, you won't see the floor). And I don't think Daniels is playing very well at any position right now.

No, go back and listen to it again.  He lists E'Twaun first in the order, "E'Twaun, Avery, Marquis".