Author Topic: Tim Tebow to the Jets  (Read 29956 times)

Re: TIm Tebow to the Jets
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2012, 06:59:40 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Tebow is unquestionably a winner.  But far from an NFL quarterback.  Elway wants to win a championship.

It'll never happen with Tebow as your starting quarterback.

Plain and simple.

« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2012, 07:11:10 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
John Elway & the Broncos are chicken-poop! Im sure Jacksonville gave them a better offer but they don't want Tim to come back & make them look like fools by playing well & turning JAX around. And they know he won't start for the Jets being they just gave Sanchez 40 million. They did this to screw Tebow & I don't understand that when he is a great kid! Mark Sanchez & the Jets locker room is not where you learn, if Tebow wanted to go that route he could have just stayed in Denver & learned behind Peyton.
or maybe the salary advance that Tebow is owed, messed with Jacksonville's cap and they couldn't make it work.  Nah it has to be evil John Elway punishing Tebow.  It has nothing to do with the financials.
Nope its all John Elway! Its clear he wants Tebow to fail or have a career crash. Honestly I think dude was jealous of Tebow's fame, Tebow in Denver after 1 year was rivaling Elway's career fanfare without even winning a Superbowl & honestly I think he resented Tebow for that. And in turn he did everything in his power to undermine him & not give he the love a GM should towards a young winning QB willing to do anything to get better. Elway is the only GM that would basically fire/release a QB under the circumstances Tebow just strived under.

I don't think that Elway is remotely jealous of Tebow.  I just don't think he wants him as his starting QB long-term.

I agree. The jealousy/ego thing makes absolutely no sense.

Then, if Elway was so concerned about his standing in Denver and Bronco lore, why the heck would he bring in a guy at the QB position that is, at least, already his equal if not the better quarterback in NFL history and probably relegates Elway to the 2nd best quarterback ever to don the Broncos uniform by career standards? 

If he was worried about popularity, he'd be trotting out the likes of Brady Quinn year in & year out, wouldn't he?

Makes absolutely no sense.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #62 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Tebow is unquestionably a winner.  But far from an NFL quarterback.  Elway wants to win a championship.

Plain and simple.
But it will happen with Peyton Manning?

« Reply #63 on: March 21, 2012, 08:34:47 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Plain and simple.

Given the current state of the AFC, I'd say that the Broncos chances have just increased significantly.

« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2012, 09:02:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Plain and simple.

Given the current state of the AFC, I'd say that the Broncos chances have just increased significantly.
They just went from a QB that defensive players run away from to a QB who could conceivably be killed at his first hit.

« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2012, 09:26:29 PM »

Offline huzy

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 82
  • We not Me
Peyton Manning (post surgery) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tim Tebow.

I don't really see where there's much of a debate here.

"      “I can make a trade every day if I want to, but that's not going to help us. A trade that would get us better rarely comes along. They're very difficult to find. Good trades are very difficult in our league and don't happen very often.”
-Danny Ainge

« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2012, 09:31:30 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • What a Pub Should Be

Plain and simple.

They just went from a QB that defensive players run away from to a QB who could conceivably be killed at his first hit.

I didn't see the Pats defenders running away from him in that playoff game (13 yds rushing) and I certainly didn't see a QB that could matchup in a shootout against one of the top passers in the NFL in a league dominated by passing these days.  ( 9/26 136 yds passing).   That game was over once the Pats went up 21-7 in the 2nd quarter.  Tebow couldn't lead them back in a game with a tempo like that.  That's something a healthy Manning can certainly do and against anyone in the league.

« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2012, 09:41:17 PM »

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236

Plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure Peyton's neck is fine. Nobody gives a guy 90 million dollars without making sure the guy checks out medically.

They went from a QB who can't throw a 10-yard out to one of the best QBs of all time.

« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2012, 09:59:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25621
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
So, the latest report is that the Broncos worked out trades with both the Jets and Jaguars, and let Tebow pick his destination.  Allegedly, he chose the Jets.

If that's true, what's that say about Tebow?  Did he pick the bigger media market over the chance to win a starting job? 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2012, 05:49:05 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Plain and simple.

I didn't see the Pats defenders running away from him in that playoff game (13 yds rushing) and I certainly didn't see a QB that could matchup in a shootout against one of the top passers in the NFL in a league dominated by passing these days.  ( 9/26 136 yds passing).   That game was over once the Pats went up 21-7 in the 2nd quarter.  Tebow couldn't lead them back in a game with a tempo like that.  That's something a healthy Manning can certainly do and against anyone in the league.
In Manning's first 8-10 years in the league the Pats made him look silly in the playoffs every year, and in the regular season too

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Plain and simple.

In Manning's first 8-10 years in the league the Pats made him look silly in the playoffs every year, and in the regular season too

I forget who the commentator was on ESPN but they were doing a Manning Tebow disussion.  They said when Manning struggled early in his career it was because he had the tools to make all the throws but was forcing them.  Tebow does not have the tools to make the throws that Manning can make, that is an absolute fact.  And I don't think anybody can argue with that.  So not only does Tebow struggle to read defenses, but when he does, there is no guarentee he can make the throw that is needed.  Don't get me wrong, i love rooting for the guy, but I don't think he can be succesful longterm. 

I will give him credit for going to NY over Jacksonville though, he didnt take the easy way out.
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1555

Plain and simple.

The Broncos Superbowl winning odds in Vegas went from 75-1 a month ago to 8-1 after Manning signed.  I think that pretty much says it all.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

Plain and simple.

I'm pretty sure Peyton's neck is fine. Nobody gives a guy 90 million dollars without making sure the guy checks out medically.

They went from a QB who can't throw a 10-yard out to one of the best QBs of all time.

Well, from all reports the bronco's did. They saw him throw once and did not require him to submit to an independent doctor's exam pre signing.

In fact, that demand by manning (that a team not subject him to medical tests, and take his doctors word for it) supposedly knocked 4-5 teams out of the running when they told manning's people they wouldn't do such a thing.

I don't think Manning is perptrating some sort of active fraud, but i do think the Broncos were the only team desprate enough to:

A: pay a 36 year old with a degenerative neck condition 100 million dollars for 5 years (yes i realize it's the NFL and contracts are not worth the paper they are printed on long term, but thats what it took to get him to sign)

and

B: the front office is desperate to move on from Tim Tebow, and one way to do that without alienating your fan base is to sign a future hall of famer, thus ending any reasonable debate over who should be the QB.

It was a perfect storm for Denver, and manning benefited. I think he'll play ok at best this next year, which for manning will likely still be a top 10 QB in this league, and they'll scrub out of the playoffs the next year or two, then Denver will get out of the deal and move on.

At least we now know how much it's worth to John Elway to get rid of his tebow problem  ;)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: Tim Tebow to the Jets
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Call me crazy, but nobody can sign a FA agreement in the NFL without a team-administered physical, right? Its in the CBA isn't it? You can't just 'take a guy's word for it', or am I wrong?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
So, the latest report is that the Broncos worked out trades with both the Jets and Jaguars, and let Tebow pick his destination.  Allegedly, he chose the Jets.

If that's true, what's that say about Tebow?  Did he pick the bigger media market over the chance to win a starting job? 

Interesting on several counts - especially given that he was in Florida prior to the NFL. I viewed Jags as best fit for Tebow, but... you never know what makes a person tick. I'm not so sure it had to do with size of the media market, though. It might also be that he feels the Jets have a better chance to win than the Jags.
Celtics fan for life.