Author Topic: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point  (Read 8302 times)

Re: The Season from HELL.... Just End and at this point
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2019, 11:24:22 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
That 2012 shortened season was very frustrating for Celtic fans.
But the Celts reached the east finals that year.

The difference of this season and that 2012 season is Ainge's refusal to upgrade this year's team at the trade deadline.

It's very clear Ainge is hoping Celtic fans will understand that the key to another championship is winning the AD sweepstakes.

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2019, 11:39:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

The difference of this season and that 2012 season is Ainge's refusal to upgrade this year's team at the trade deadline.

It's very clear Ainge is hoping Celtic fans will understand that the key to another championship is winning the AD sweepstakes.

Ainge didn't do anything at the 2012 trade deadline either with the exception of picking up a couple of bought out players (Sasha Pavlovic and Ryan Hollins, I believe.)

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2019, 11:44:07 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

Ainge didn't do anything at the 2012 trade deadline either with the exception of picking up a couple of bought out players (Sasha Pavlovic and Ryan Hollins, I believe.)

The days of Greg Stiemsma, Keyon Dooling, Sean Williams, Chris Wilcox. I think the Celtics got kind of lucky with the Bulls getting eliminated in the first-round. They were able to get by the Hawks who had HCA as a 5-seed. Wished the Celtics took control of Game 2 of the ECF and they didn't have to have Game 6 happen.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2019, 11:46:39 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

But Ainge traded Big Baby and Von Wafer for Brandon Bass that season.

This season Ainge has not made any significant trade that improved the roster.

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2019, 12:24:08 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

The Big Baby trade was in the offseason before the 2011-12 season.

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2019, 12:26:44 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson

The days of Greg Stiemsma, Keyon Dooling, Sean Williams, Chris Wilcox. I think the Celtics got kind of lucky with the Bulls getting eliminated in the first-round. They were able to get by the Hawks who had HCA as a 5-seed. Wished the Celtics took control of Game 2 of the ECF and they didn't have to have Game 6 happen.

Yup. Can't believe the Celts were one win away from going to the Finals. I'll never forget game 6 because I was there. My worse moment as a Celtics fan at the Garden. I'll forever be grateful for the '08 banner but it also gets me down that we only won one title during the KG/Paul/Ray era. Especially when we were so close in 2010 and had another opportunity in 2012.

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2019, 12:28:35 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617

The Big Baby trade was in the offseason before the 2011-12 season.

I clearly remember my reaction to that trade:

"Oh OK. Fine."
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2019, 06:51:50 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I find it amazing that people call this season their worst Celtic season ever. They say this team is the hardest Celtic team to watch play EVER. They outwardly hope the team gets embarrassed in the playoffs. Amazing.

Now I don't know how old any of you are but, this team will be a 50 win team. They could, with some hard work and dedication, make the Finals. We don't know because the season is not over. There is still time and a chance to go all the way. A very slight chance, but a chance.

And since there is still a chance, there is no way this season is worse than say the 1977-1979 Celtics with just a host a scumbag players, guys ready to retire and the bad coaching carosel of Heinsohn, Sanders and Cowens. The Celtics had 4 losing seasons between 1950 and 1993. Yup, 4 losing seasons in 43 years. These two Celtic teams in 1977-78 and 1978-79 were two of those years. Those seasons with John Y. Brown buying the team getting Red threatening to leave to go work for the Knicks, still stands as two of Boston's worst seasons ever. Lived through them. They sucked.

Then you have the Pitino and M.L Carr years. All 6 of those years were painful to watch, especially towards the end when they became a three point chucking team.

And a lot of people that complain about this team, I think forget, at the turn of the century, the team chucking the most three pointers in the league was Boston.

Then there is that 1993-94 season, where Reggie Lewis died during the preceding summer and the entire team just mailed it in that year. It was difficult to watch that year.

Then there are those break it down and build it up years of Rivers and Stevens. Those years all sucked. Those teams were just awful.

Point is, this season isn't over, they still have a chance for a long long playoff run. And as frustrated as you may be, be happy to know this ACTUALLY isn't the worst Celtic season ever. There have many, many worse years than this one
Wisdom. TP.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2019, 07:17:44 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
We are going to end up with the 5th seed. SMH This is a clear indictment on Kyrie being the leader. This is pathetic with this type of talent on this team. Stevens also deserves a lot of the blame too. This team should be no lower than a 3rd seed.

I'm ready to move on from Kyrie.

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2019, 08:17:29 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
We are going to end up with the 5th seed. SMH This is a clear indictment on Kyrie being the leader. This is pathetic with this type of talent on this team. Stevens also deserves a lot of the blame too. This team should be no lower than a 3rd seed.

This kind of nonsense really is hilarious. Of course none of Brad, the other coaches, Al, Gordy, Morris nor the youngsters deserve any blame. It's all Kyrie!

What utter bullcrap.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2019, 08:18:50 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
The Brett Szabo year. '96-'97.

Now THAT was a season from hell.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2019, 09:20:24 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I know that there have been worse seasons from a lot of perspectives.

When was the last time the team fell so far short of the preseason expectations and neither injuries nor blatant tanking were the reason?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2019, 10:05:00 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I really couldn't possibly care less what happens in the offseason, who we keep, wo leaves, who we draft...….. I'm so frustrated, bored, and sick of this team, it's coaches, it's players, literally, everything about it, that I think I prefer they get swept in the first round and become the biggest embarrassment/laughing stock of the NBA and it's postseason. This is the least fun I've ever had as a fan, I mean I had more fun and more interest in the Celtics back when we were the laughing stock of the NBA with Dana Barros leading the team in scoring and getting beyond shafted in the lottery. This team sucks, the coaches suck, and every day it becomes clearer and clearer that Danny -- you guessed it -- sucks.

Just get this wretched conglomeration of clowns off our court and out of our uniform and out of town. It makes me sick this circus show is representing such a storied franchise and city. I don't even have hope in the slightest in any of our younger supposed potential-filled "stars-in-the-making." Get them the eff out of here too and put some players on the floor who will bust their ass for this city, organization,and fanbase and take pride playing here for us and this organization. I'm sick of the stupid phrase "potential" and , never mind, I'm just so sick of it all. I'd rather them get totally humiliated in the 1st round of the playoffs(que Jim Mora) and ownership completely clean house from top to bottom and even bring in the Harlem Globetrotters or 14 random guys from a ruckers park pickup game and roll them out next year and every single player from this years team(and all the coaches) be so humiliated from this entire season and playoff exit that their careers all go down the toilet into the biggest septic tank in Boston or wherever they end up, which is where they belong.

The organization should be paying random homeless people off the streets of Boston to show up at the Garden for home games and sit there not even cheering or paying attention to this abomination of a bum circuit and rather let them sit in the seats drinking or shooting their drugs instead of fans having to pay to watch this wannabe spin off of Barnum and Bailey's.

Icing on the cake is to completely bomb every draft choice they get this year, which wouldn't be far from Danny's norm in the first place. Just get this awful season over already and this entire clown show out of this city. I don't even have faith in Jaylen or Jayson ever turning into much of anything at this point. This whole team sucks. BOUNCE. JUST GET OUT OF HERE!

Wow, not sick of this charade are you?  I agree 100%.  This team is the most highly hyped group of underachievers ever.  Certainly the worst as far as 70 years of C's teams.  Not only that but its just sickening watching them.  I have never been as sick of watching a C's team as this one.

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2019, 10:08:35 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125

Of course it's not all on Kyrie, but I'e heard blame for Brown, Rozier, Hayward and they are down the list. All we've heard from Kyrie all year is he likes high level meaningful basketball. Well that's what we had last night and he goes 3/13 from 3, only has 4 assists and got isolated by Butler for the game winner. So what's going to change in the playoffs? He's going to have to look to pass more and I'm not sure he will do it. Does he trust his teammates? I don't think so.

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »

Offline Banner18now!

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
I can’t wait for this season to be over as well. There have been obviously worse seasons statistically but at least they were expected. Not only that the lack of effort on any given night is atrocious. Also the fact alot of these players act like they are superstars the way they talk and feel entitled like they have won multiple championships. I have been watching the Celtics since 85 and this is by far the most I have ever been frustrated watching them and simply losing interest. Kyrie brings the same drama as Lebron but with less talent. He has proved he is not a leader and if he is your best player your in trouble. Excellent number 2 behind a strong leader but certainly not a 1a leader. His BS this season has hijacked this team and season.