Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163524 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2009, 10:01:38 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Does it make ZERO sense to anyone else why WWE would Have Rhodes and DiBiase win but not Orton?  They finally put Rhodes and DiBiase over and had they put Orton over as well, they could have looked like a legit stable finally.  Unless they have Orton turn on Rhodes and DiBiase or the other way around, this makes no sense.

Actually, ya, it does make some sense to me. You can't have cena lose an "I quit" match, that's his entire gimmick. The never give up, never surrender face. He just lost clean to orton last PPV, if he loses an "I quit" match, then you better have the cena heel turn ready, because the last of his momentum as a face would have been shot.

Plus, i actually think Orton is over enough with the crowd heel heat wise that he doesn't need the belt at all times. Not sure i can say that about cena.

i thought that match was extremely well done from both sides. It made randy look extremely vicious and Cena did a great job selling the beating.

I would think Orton will be getting the title back at the rumble. Then set up the blow off for WM, which could go either way.

Speaking of Legacy, that was another good match. Best part was they actually let one of the legands sell for the young kids.

Best part of the whole match was the dx entrance when the crowd started the "you screwed brett" chants and Hunter went with "I know there was some.....unpleasantness in the past. And for the record....it was 100% his fault" Even the crowd had to laugh at that.

MAtch of the night, i thought, was actually Miz V. Kofi. Say what you want about miz, but he is solid in the ring and a great heel on the mic.

Taker-Punk was alright, that was just such and odd match to be on the "breaking point" card. You knew that they didn't want punk to lose the title, but you cant have taker tap. Best ending they could have gone with i guess.

Tag match was ok. I'm getting real sick and tired of jericho getting the stuffing kicked out of him and never getting any kind of offense in. I mean, he is one of your top workers, and night in and night out he sells for midcarders in the tag division and never gets to look strong never mind win. When is the last time that team beat anyone without the awful "ho-HO! i punched you!" finisher?

I dunno, i really, really regert edge getting injured. That team was fun to watch, because both guys were allowed to play the cocky heel, and they were both allowed to get offense in.

Now, to keep show's cred as a monster intact, one half of the team (Y2J) isn't allowed to look strong, since SOMEONE has to sell for the other team, and god forbid its show.

Just irks me. I know the WWE got put in a tough spot with edge going down, but i'm really starting to tire of the unstoppable big show and the little wuss storyline. Makes Jericho look extremely weak.

Christan-Regal was probably the second best match of the night, pure ring work wise. Christan needs to be rescued from ECW post haste. MAbey once the ROH guys get in, they can go to ECW to start out, make regal the champ, and get christan to smackdown. I mean, anything to get him more time. The fans barley get to see him, and he got probably...the third, mabey the fourth biggest pop all night?

With hardy gone and taker looking old, smackdown needs a new face. Via va captain charisma!

Oh yea, anytime the Kali-kane fued is over, that would be great...smackdown has a ton of fueds id rather see. I guess it did provide a 15 minute window for me to pop popcorn though.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:12:47 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2009, 01:11:22 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Been awhile since this thread came up, but did anyone watch raw tonight?

Wow, kofi kingston....I didn't know you had that in you buddy. Kofi is officially money after that segment.

I'll post the clip once it hits youtube for those who missed it, just blown away by that promo. If this fued with orton goes well, kofi could really take off.

I'm pulling for him. great move to use bragging rights to drop the whole fake jamican accent thing. Let that kid talk, he gave a killer promo right there just being himself and not "the fun loving Jamaican midcarder".

Please don't screw this up WWE, use that pop and GO KOFI!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 01:17:31 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2009, 08:43:46 AM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Been awhile since this thread came up, but did anyone watch raw tonight?

Wow, kofi kingston....I didn't know you had that in you buddy. Kofi is officially money after that segment.

I'll post the clip once it hits youtube for those who missed it, just blown away by that promo. If this fued with orton goes well, kofi could really take off.

I'm pulling for him. great move to use bragging rights to drop the whole fake jamican accent thing. Let that kid talk, he gave a killer promo right there just being himself and not "the fun loving Jamaican midcarder".

Please don't screw this up WWE, use that pop and GO KOFI!

Yeah, that was a tremendous promo from Kofi.  He clearly has natural charisma and mic skills, so of course WWE creative saddles him with a Jamaican accent.  So glad they dropped that, as I was blown away by this promo.  Hopefully they are serious about moving some new guys up the card (given the crowd reactions for Kofi lately, they really had no choice but to push him).  I imagine this would lead to a Survivor Series match of Kofi vs. Orton, which will be a test run to see if the fans will buy Kofi as a potential main eventer.

On an unrelated note, how embarrassingly bad were Kyle Busch and Joey Logano?  They need to be more careful with the guest hosts as this was a disaster from the get go.

« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2009, 11:22:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2009/october22-28/12278228

thats a mix of the promo's between orton and kofi last night. worth a watch, some of the best programming they've done in awhile.

EDIT: ahhh man, they cut the part where kofi key'd the side of it, that was one of the best parts. Still worth the watch though.

« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2009, 02:38:24 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/vms/raw/2009/october22-28/12278228

thats a mix of the promo's between orton and kofi last night. worth a watch, some of the best programming they've done in awhile.

EDIT: ahhh man, they cut the part where kofi key'd the side of it, that was one of the best parts. Still worth the watch though.

I thought back to myself on this segment again, and it just dawned on me how you never see storyline continuity like this from WWE creative anymore, where several complex storylines intertwine.  The impending Kofi-Orton feud actually makes sense from a logical standpoint (and WWE history has shown that continuity and storyline logic aren't exactly requirements in their minds).

Think about it...if Big Show doesn't turn on his team at Bragging Rights (separate storyline), then Kofi doesn't get pinned.  If Kofi doesn't get pinned, Cody Rhodes (Orton's lackey) doesnt lay out Kofi backstage, and Kofi in turn probably doesn't interfere on Cena's behalf in the main event, helping cost Orton the match.  Orton blames Kofi for the loss and you have a new, fresh feud that makes sense.  Not often you see WWE storylines have a forward-thinking, logical flow from one segment to another anymore, let alone across entire shows...good stuff from them.

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2011, 06:56:50 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
I had to pull this thread back from the grave because of CM Punk's epic GOAT promo last night. It's a worked shoot, but he said a ton of true stuff that alot of fans think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wnH66KxNo
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 07:04:30 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Saw this live and thought it was the best work shoot in wrestling in 15 years or more. Just riveting watching it live not knowing whether it was shoot or work.

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I enjoyed the promo as well...very interested to see where it goes
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2011, 09:54:33 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Did WWE hire the guy behind the Domino's ad campaign?  You know, "Our food sucks and tastes like cardboard, but now we're going to try to be slightly better"?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2011, 10:18:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Read online that much of the talent in the locker room wasn't aware that the promo was approved through management and were shocked and awed at what was going down.

Twitter reaction from former and current wrestlers was off the hook as many were claiming it was the best thing seen in the WWE in years and years.

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2011, 10:25:06 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I thought it was incredible entertainment in every sense of the word. Not just limiting it to 'good for the WWE'

« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
fun
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2011, 11:34:51 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I haven't watch wrestling in years, that was cool very convincing too convincing. When he says he's leaving does he mean the WWE entirely? If so I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious and that was real. The only thing that makes me question is the fact that he got to go off for so long.

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2011, 11:39:35 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I haven't watch wrestling in years, that was cool very convincing too convincing. When he says he's leaving does he mean the WWE entirely? If so I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious and that was real. The only thing that makes me question is the fact that he got to go off for so long.

I'll take the chance to plug my own tumblr in my signature. I watch wrestling occasionally, not a yuge fan, but was compelled enough to do some research on the angle and give my own thoughts on it.

Essentially, it's somewhat of a 'shoot' angle. The contract and his thoughts are reality played out in dramatic fashion.

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2011, 11:49:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I had to pull this thread back from the grave because of CM Punk's epic GOAT promo last night. It's a worked shoot, but he said a ton of true stuff that alot of fans think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wnH66KxNo

I would have taken him more seriously if I knew who the heck he was. For all I know, he doesn't belong on those souvenir cups that's obviously irking him.

Pretty good job though, looked authentic. Would have liked to hear his story about Vince, liked how they cut if off right there and not anytime before.

I used to watch wrestling years ago, loved it actually. Love the 90's Federation years, early 00's were good too, but once Smackdown came along I kinda faded away. College ended it completely.

CELTICS 2024