Author Topic: How many goose eggs will Carsen Edwards lay?  (Read 10781 times)

How many goose eggs will Carsen Edwards lay?
« on: December 01, 2019, 10:25:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Everytime I read a box score, this guy Carsen has 0 pts. Incredible

Re: How many goose eggs will Carsen Edwards lay?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 10:28:38 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
Yeah he is ineffective EVERY game. Between him and G Williams idk who is more usless out here.

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 10:31:04 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
why is Waters in Maine and these two in Boston? I love Carsen but I have to ask  this question.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 10:46:34 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
Carsen's time will come.

He's still adjusting to limited minutes and very few shot attempts.
Against NY, Carsen only attempted 2 shots.

Once Carsen gets going, watch out!

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 11:02:10 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
why is Waters in Maine and these two in Boston? I love Carsen but I have to ask  this question.

In theory Carsen Edwards doesn't need the ball in his hands in order to make an impact (that is, doesn't need to facilitate the offense). Waters does.

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
should not have cut his hair

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2019, 11:22:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

In theory Carsen Edwards doesn't need the ball in his hands in order to make an impact (that is, doesn't need to facilitate the offense). Waters does.

Waters just looks more comfortable playing in the big league.

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 01:13:22 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Edwards was way overhyped on this board.  I’m nit sure he’ll ever amount to anything.

As for waters, well, he’s getting playing time so that’s good for his development.  He’s not needed in the big squad this year.

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 01:41:14 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164
 He and Grant Williams are getting generous developmental minutes because the coaching staff think they’ll be a contribution down the line.

Edwards is being groomed for a similar kind of spot as Terry Rozier had - namely, a “scoring point“ or “lead guard“ or something like that. Actually it’s kind of remarkable the similarities: low turnovers and high defensive rebounding are two of the surprising similarities, despite their different builds.

Built like a fireplug, has toughness and gets up into his man.

Nice tight handles, excellent left hand, has a real repertoire for getting shots off the dribble, going left or right.

If I am his coach, I keep telling him, “keep making the right play, young fellow, when it’s your shot, shoot it. We believe in you, keep shooting.”

Don’t get hung up on the box score. There is a specific role for him to play, and he’s got what it takes to step into it. Do I need to remind people that he is a rookie who has played fewer than 20 games?
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 01:45:49 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
He and Grant Williams are getting generous developmental minutes because the coaching staff think they’ll be a contribution down the line.

Edwards is being groomed for a similar kind of spot as Terry Rozier had - namely, a “scoring point“ or “lead guard“ or something like that. Actually it’s kind of remarkable the similarities: low turnovers and high defensive rebounding are two of the surprising similarities, despite their different builds.

Nice tight handles, excellent left hand, has a real repertoire for getting shots off the dribble, going left or right.

If I am his coach, I keep telling him, “keep making the right play, young fellow, when it’s your shot, shoot it. We believe in you, keep shooting.”

Don’t get hung up on the box score. There is a specific role for him to play, and he’s got what it takes to step into it. Do I need to remind people that he is a rookie who has played fewer than 20 games?

TP for the highlighted section, that's exactly what he should be thinking and I'm sure that's exactly what Brad is telling him, with the possible addition of "Find ways to impact the game even when your shot isn't falling, hustle plays, defense, etc".
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 02:17:50 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

TP for the highlighted section, that's exactly what he should be thinking and I'm sure that's exactly what Brad is telling him, with the possible addition of "Find ways to impact the game even when your shot isn't falling, hustle plays, defense, etc".

🎯
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think his shot was better before Kara Lawson messed with it.   Same is true of Grant, I recall her after one preseason game when his shot was good saying she was going to give Carsen some tips.

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 06:30:16 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140

Grant Williams will probably play 10 years in the NBA even if he doesn't get any better just based on positional flexibility and general basketball awareness.  He's constantly in the right place and doing the right things.  There was a play against New York where he was following Kemba on the break. When Kemba looked up to pass to him for a decent shot, Williams hollered to pass to Tatum who was streaking behind him, literally pointed behind him so Kemba would see where the ball should go, and then screened two defenders out of the play while Tatum rose up for a catch and shoot three.  That kind of heady - team oriented - play is going to make him a favorite of teammates and coaches for a long time.

Langford was injured all through college, and has been injured his entire pro-career.  Seems like that's who he is.  Not really durable enough to be a professional - some guys just aren't.

Edwards doesn't look like he's ready to contribute this year,  I could see him being similar to San Antonio's Bryn Forbes in a season or two.  Great college scorer who has to find his NBA niche.     

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2019, 06:43:33 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Waters just looks more comfortable playing in the big league.

I trust Waters handle more than many of the vet players

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2019, 07:37:11 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Grant Williams will probably play 10 years in the NBA even if he doesn't get any better just based on positional flexibility and general basketball awareness.  He's constantly in the right place and doing the right things.  There was a play against New York where he was following Kemba on the break. When Kemba looked up to pass to him for a decent shot, Williams hollered to pass to Tatum who was streaking behind him, literally pointed behind him so Kemba would see where the ball should go, and then screened two defenders out of the play while Tatum rose up for a catch and shoot three.  That kind of heady - team oriented - play is going to make him a favorite of teammates and coaches for a long time.

Langford was injured all through college, and has been injured his entire pro-career.  Seems like that's who he is.  Not really durable enough to be a professional - some guys just aren't.

Edwards doesn't look like he's ready to contribute this year,  I could see him being similar to San Antonio's Bryn Forbes in a season or two.  Great college scorer who has to find his NBA niche.   

Langford did have a hand injury in college, but he didn’t miss time. He played 32 games and averaged 34 minutes.

Go look at the video of his ankle injuries. He lands on a foot and rolls pretty hard. It’s way too soon to say he’s not capable of being a pro.