Author Topic: strong performance by wafer today  (Read 6906 times)

strong performance by wafer today
« on: February 13, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
thought he came up big off the bench for us. provided a nice spark with BBD. even tho he had some bad TOs, he was aggressive going to the rim nearly every time he touched the ball and made some big 3s for us. you could see he was feeling confident and even showed a lil swagger. i think him and dwest together would be nice combo off the bench.

Re: strong performance by wafer today
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:28:09 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
No Wafer takers? Doc has to punch his ticket for lots of minutes because he's gaining confidence. He has a nice stroke and guts. Without his play we get a loss more likely. A lot of savvy went into this game covering for PP. Exellent job. May be just out best effort this season.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 07:30:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He's been coming up big here lately. Certainly needed his points and effort today, and he brought it.

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:41:37 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Wafer has the talent.

He is just what this team has lacked.

Hes an extremely athletic slasher that can hit the 3. His defense and decision making has been beter lately as well.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 07:42:03 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
I can admit I've jumped the gun on Wafer. I used to believe his game was limited to shooting outside shots with no defense or willingness to pass the ball. He has proved all of naysayers wrong. Wafer gives Doc yet another option off the bench. Now lets gets them all healthy.

Big Up to Von. Stay Aggressive.

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 07:44:34 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Von's play makes Nate 100 percent expendable with Delonte coming back. The big question is, would anyone want Nate, and what could the Celts get for him. Von was great today.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 07:49:03 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
Von's play makes Nate 100 percent expendable with Delonte coming back. The big question is, would anyone want Nate, and what could the Celts get for him. Von was great today.

Vinnie - I understand your Nate angst. Besides the Jan 30 game vs Lakers, Nate has not played well.

But if we get rid of him, who plays backup PG?

But back to Wafer - he even had a stop on DWade at one point...we all know he can score, but as he gets committed to defense, he becomes even more valuable to us.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 08:03:16 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney

Vinnie - I understand your Nate angst. Besides the Jan 30 game vs Lakers, Nate has not played well.

But back to Wafer - he even had a stop on DWade at one point...we all know he can score, but as he gets committed to defense, he becomes even more valuable to us.

Delonte would play back-up PG.

We would be putting all out eggs into one basket though, if Delonte ends up getting injured again were going to be screwed in the playoffs.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 08:04:42 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

We would be putting all out eggs into one basket though, if Delonte ends up getting injured again were going to be screwed in the playoffs.

Good Point.

At this juncture, I'd rather have too many than not enough.

Keep it up, Von!!

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:33 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632

Good Point.

At this juncture, I'd rather have too many than not enough.

Keep it up, Von!!

Except Delonte is not that reliable either.  He's inconsistent and he's always hurt or it's his head.  I think we need to hold onto Nate or trade for someone else.  We can't just count on Delonte.

Oh, and I'm loving Wafer! 8)
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 08:19:29 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
Its pretty sad that Nate has only had about 1 good game and 3 decent games this season.

He has to be the ultimate bust, along with J.O.

They keep calling nate "Instant offense off the bench, and an energy guy"

The only thing I see him doing is flapping his arms on the bench, and pulling up for ill-advisted 3 pointers off the dribble that rarely ever go in, thats it, I havent seen him do anything else.

Hes basically a worse version of Eddie House, and its weird because Nate is more talented then House, and has more skills.

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 08:25:20 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
If Von continues to play this way and Marquis comes back, I think he has a chance to take his minutes.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 08:33:43 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
His threes were huge.

His D was good.

The steal/hoop was nice (and un-Davis-like).

Clearly he's producing when the team needs him - I thought Doc should have played him in the 4th Q meltdown!

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 08:40:28 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
His 2nd good game in a row. Fully healthy, our bench is the best in the league.

PG: West
SG: Wafer
SF: Daniels
PF: Glen Davis
 C: Shaquille/Jermaine

with Nate Rob. and Semih for insurance purposes. Crazy depth.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
he and Baby saved the day today

strong showing by the bench
Yup