Would you trade Irving for Wall?

Yes
2 (2.4%)
No
77 (92.8%)
Maybe
4 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author Topic: Trade idea: Irving for Wall  (Read 19325 times)

Re: Trade idea: Irving for Wall
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2018, 08:09:21 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Kyrie is a better scorer both volume and efficiency wise.

source

He is also more experienced and a better locker room presence.

To his credit though, Wall doesn't use the word appreciative.

Is Kyrie a strong positive locker room presence? He feuded with Dion Waiters, gave his teammates the silent treatment in the playoffs, threatened to sit out the season with an exaggerated injury if he wasn’t traded, he has allowed rumors about his departure to linger, etc.

I don’t see chemistry as being a strength for either Kyrie or Wall.
In Cleveland he may have been a problem but management here in Boston and the young players here in Boston love him.
TP. In a village franchise such as Cavs are, it is no surprise they ticked Kyrie off. He has been lovely since day 1 in Boston.
If Kyrie has a problem with Cleveland then it's Cleveland's fault, period

I'm more in favor of personal accountability.

Really? Demarcus. Cough. Cousins. Cough.
Lol, yeah. Seems like double standards here

How so? Has anyone ever lauded DMC for being a positive locker room presence? 

Kyrie hasn’t been a positive in the locker room for much of his career. Neither has Wall. Neither has DMC. Some seem unwilling to acknowledge that fact.

The only rift I've heard of was with Dion freakin Waiters, who has a notable lazy streak. He left Lebron without feuding or being a jerk about it. Everyone on that team questioned Love.

Everyone loves him on the Celtics. Brown, Tatum, and Rozier all speak really highly of him and his leadership skills.

The guy gave his teammates the silent treatment in the playoffs. How is that a plus in the locker room?

I've heard this rumor, but this could be from a singular source that didn't like Kyrie. He still played hard for his team.

As another poster said, that team was a disaster. It speaks more about Lebron's leadership than Irving's. I thought Irving fell in line with Lebron's leadership, even if at times it made him icy. He couldn't take it anymore when he found out they were trying to trade him, which is when he asked for a trade.

It may be short-sighted, but Irving was a model teammate and leader last year. The young guys loved him. I think they gained a lot of confidence through his leadership on and off the court. I don't think Rozier develops that much without him. I don't think Brown develops as quickly. I don't think Tatum shoots as well.

« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2018, 08:59:53 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

source

Is Kyrie a strong positive locker room presence? He feuded with Dion Waiters, gave his teammates the silent treatment in the playoffs, threatened to sit out the season with an exaggerated injury if he wasn’t traded, he has allowed rumors about his departure to linger, etc.

In Cleveland he may have been a problem but management here in Boston and the young players here in Boston love him.
TP. In a village franchise such as Cavs are, it is no surprise they ticked Kyrie off. He has been lovely since day 1 in Boston.

Kyrie hasn’t been a positive in the locker room for much of his career. Neither has Wall. Neither has DMC. Some seem unwilling to acknowledge that fact.

The only rift I've heard of was with Dion freakin Waiters, who has a notable lazy streak. He left Lebron without feuding or being a jerk about it. Everyone on that team questioned Love.

Everyone loves him on the Celtics. Brown, Tatum, and Rozier all speak really highly of him and his leadership skills.

The guy gave his teammates the silent treatment in the playoffs. How is that a plus in the locker room?

I've heard this rumor, but this could be from a singular source that didn't like Kyrie. He still played hard for his team.

As another poster said, that team was a disaster. It speaks more about Lebron's leadership than Irving's. I thought Irving fell in line with Lebron's leadership, even if at times it made him icy. He couldn't take it anymore when he found out they were trying to trade him, which is when he asked for a trade.

It may be short-sighted, but Irving was a model teammate and leader last year. The young guys loved him. I think they gained a lot of confidence through his leadership on and off the court. I don't think Rozier develops that much without him. I don't think Brown develops as quickly. I don't think Tatum shoots as well.
Dave McMenamin put it out there, but it does appear his source was James Jones, who is obviously a Lebron guy.  that said no one refuted it either, including Kyrie.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2018, 09:45:05 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
1.Wizard is Wall's team all alone, he has all the power
2.Wall doesn't have a problem with Wizard, unlike Irving being sick of his team's viral enviroment

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2018, 12:00:48 PM »

Offline Mike Pemulis

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
You know what's cool about giving that team the silent treatment, though? It means Kyrie doesn't like our biggest rival. Fine by me. Waiters has been polarizing on 3 teams already? Weak points.
As for Wall not having problem with Wizards? Serious question, have you ever seen a Wizards game? Gortat is off the team. Gortat has no documented attitude issues. The Wizards were better without Wall because they passed - Wall's primary strength is speed. He averages a lot of assists but it's because he one-on-ones and tosses hero passes. He constantly frowns and appears to be pleading with teammates. Bradley Beal is better at this point. I wouldn't trade Rozier for Wall. Let's say Irving and Wall both go out (separately) for dinner with Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and Horford. Which group gets a long better?
Allston, MA --> Enfield Tennis Academy

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2018, 01:59:35 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

source

Dave McMenamin put it out there, but it does appear his source was James Jones, who is obviously a Lebron guy.  that said no one refuted it either, including Kyrie.

Yeah, I get it, but grown men don't respond to every accusation.

« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2018, 12:22:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

source

Sure, but that one is pretty [dang]ing and came from a credible and connected source.  This wasn't just some social media loon putting it out there. 

« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2018, 05:51:00 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

source

Sure, but that one is pretty [dang]ing and came from a credible and connected source.  This wasn't just some social media loon putting it out there.
I am the supporter of "treat them the way they treat you", obviously Irving ain't happy in Cleveland cause it's Lebrons team and if he felt to be disrespected i am all for him to respond

« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

source

I am the supporter of "treat them the way they treat you", obviously Irving ain't happy in Cleveland cause it's Lebrons team and if he felt to be disrespected i am all for him to respond

So, if he feels disrespected by Lebron, he should ice out Thompson, Love, etc.?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2018, 06:55:52 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

source

??"treat them the way they treat you" am i not clear enough??

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2018, 07:37:36 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

source

Honestly, no, you weren’t particularly clear.

So you’re saying that Kyrie should *not* give his teammates the cold shoulder?  Or,’because he felt “disrespected “, anything goes?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney

source

So you’re saying that Kyrie should *not* give his teammates the cold shoulder?  Or,’because he felt “disrespected “, anything goes?
If he felt disrespected by whoever i'm in for him to not showing respect back, whoever they are

Kyrie gave his Cavs teammates cold attitude before he ask for trade , there is a reason which none of us know but since i know how he treat his coach/GM/teammates differently in Bos i assume he has good reason to do it, like being treated disrespectful and it's easy to imagine their teammates to side with Lebron against Kyrie since it's Lebron's team

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2018, 06:01:50 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
No thanks.

I'll take / keep Little Mountain.

Little Mountain put up a BIG performance in the Finals before and is proven.

Can't wait to see him pairing with GH, Big Al, Tatum, Brown, Smart and the rest of this talented team.

We are going to do GREAT things next season and Kyrie Irving will be at the helm.

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2018, 10:43:59 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

source

If he felt disrespected by whoever i'm in for him to not showing respect back, whoever they are

Kyrie gave his Cavs teammates cold attitude before he ask for trade , there is a reason which none of us know but since i know how he treat his coach/GM/teammates differently in Bos i assume he has good reason to do it, like being treated disrespectful and it's easy to imagine their teammates to side with Lebron against Kyrie since it's Lebron's team
He didn't talk to his teammates in the middle of the playoffs.  This wasn't him icing them out after the season was over, he did it in the middle of a playoff run. 

« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2018, 11:20:41 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
LOL so I admittedly haven't been on here the last few weeks because I was busy but also because pretty much it was the "boring time" between end of FA and the start of the season.

I decide to pop in today, and the first thing I see is this trade idea proposal with such a (understandably) lopsided poll. Love you Celticsblog fam!  :P :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2018, 01:46:21 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I don't hold locker room drama in Cleveland against Kyrie. That entire locker room and organization were dysfunctional. We know that. It was even worse this past season with Irving gone.

Kyrie was spoken of very highly by everyone in the Celtics organization last year and is always spoken of highly by USA basketball teammates and coaches and, if I remember correctly, was never a locker room problem pre-Lebron's return.

Maybe Wall would be better too if he was removed from the Washington situation (or maybe shipping out Gortat will do the trick) but he does seem like a more difficult guy to deal with.

Anyway, 95% no on the poll.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008