Author Topic: Bballbreakdown slams Perk in 2013 Grizz/Thunder Game 1 recap  (Read 9768 times)

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9s1IzYWng

The guy doesn't really offer anything at all on either end of the floor

I keep going back to this but you can't help but wonder what Krstic would have done.

OKC's brand of basketball is just eye-gouging.

Go Grizz!

Re: Bballbreakdown slams Perk in 2013 Grizz/Thunder Game 1 recap
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 05:58:03 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255
The analysis on Perkins is terrible.  Every shot they showed the Grizzlies make was a long contested jumper with a hand in their face, or a difficult contested hook shot.  Every shot Perkins took was wide open and or done with 5 seconds or less on the clock.  Just awful, awful analysis.  It is nothing like Griffin and Jordan who played awful defense and gave up lay ups and wide open shots.  This is an example of Z Bo and Marc making tough shots just like Durant does on the other end.  You say good shot and move on.
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 06:32:54 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Perk is a shadow of himself.  The guy is a warrior.

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 06:38:34 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
The analysis on Perkins is terrible.  Every shot they showed the Grizzlies make was a long contested jumper with a hand in their face, or a difficult contested hook shot.  Every shot Perkins took was wide open and or done with 5 seconds or less on the clock.  Just awful, awful analysis.  It is nothing like Griffin and Jordan who played awful defense and gave up lay ups and wide open shots.  This is an example of Z Bo and Marc making tough shots just like Durant does on the other end.  You say good shot and move on.

I didn't see the game but I've seen a few of this guy's videos posted here when I did see the game and I can't believe people spend much time watching that. He comes up with a narrative and finds a couple of clips to support his stance regardless of the overall game. Each team has 90 or so possessions a game, you could make any player look like a bad defender or DPOY candidate by picking 5-6 plays out of those 90+. And what was the criticism of Perk on that first play when Randolph scored over Ibaka?

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 10:45:00 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I didn't see the game but I've seen a few of this guy's videos posted here when I did see the game and I can't believe people spend much time watching that. He comes up with a narrative and finds a couple of clips to support his stance regardless of the overall game. Each team has 90 or so possessions a game, you could make any player look like a bad defender or DPOY candidate by picking 5-6 plays out of those 90+. And what was the criticism of Perk on that first play when Randolph scored over Ibaka?

I concur.  His analysis tends to be pretty shallow, and often, counter-factual.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
two words.
Straight Garbage.

I mean it's laughable how bad he's playing. He can't guard Zeebo or Gasol and he's missing wide open layups. Just atrocious- doesn't protect the paint and has zero lift and zero athleticism.
I've always thought he was on the decline since the surgery but man he's just plain awful against any skilled big man.
Here's a good video detailing some of his faults pretty well, although if you've watched him this playoffs the trend is typical. He's long gone come FA time if not before then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN9s1IzYWng
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 09:56:37 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

That honestly sounds like evey analysts live broadcast or taped broadcast.

I really don't see the difference between this and CSNNE, ESPN, TNT etc.

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:59:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

That honestly sounds like evey analysts live broadcast or taped broadcast.

I really don't see the difference between this and CSNNE, ESPN, TNT etc.
The difference is, that this guy has put out several videos that were flat out wrong when he 'broke down' the tape.

After I watched a few of those where he didn't correctly analyze the play when people first started posting them, I stopped watching them entirely.

Other analysts might say things I disagree with, but they usually don't provide a tape breakdown that's just wrong with what's happening.

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2013, 10:03:45 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Is it just me or did perks defense on Gasol with the game on the line essentially win the game? Meh

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 10:20:49 AM »

Offline CapnDunks

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Is it just me or did perks defense on Gasol with the game on the line essentially win the game? Meh
I agree.
"Inexplicably they do not post up Gasol or Zbo"
Meanwhile you can see perk and ibaka keeping them out of the post. Idk what's up with this dude.

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
......that dude thinks Perk is awful..... :D

dang ..he slammed Perk around with those comments like a little red headed step child

He talked like Perk was a worthless D Leaguer or something

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:45 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Good. I hope this is how everyone fan in OKC thinks of Perkins, considering his MPG in the playoffs were pretty low.

Then I hope OKC amnesties him, and Perkins decides to come to Celtics for 1-4 million considering his contract is already being paid for.

:P
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 10:27:08 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

dang ..he slammed Perk around with those comments like a little red headed step child

"Coach Nick" also says he "doesn't see it" in terms of Perk being a good defender.

This is the same Kendrick Perkins who rated out as a top-20 defender in the entire NBA in terms of points allowed per possession.

I wouldn't let "Coach Nick" coach in an intramural beer league.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 10:34:57 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

"Coach Nick" also says he "doesn't see it" in terms of Perk being a good defender.

This is the same Kendrick Perkins who rated out as a top-20 defender in the entire NBA in terms of points allowed per possession.

I feel bad for Perkins, he's lost the athleticism he had in Boston but he's still playing smart and tough defense.

Ibaka just isn't KG, and it exposes Perkins to a ton more blame on the defensive end when its out of his hands.

Now offensively, yeah Perkins is a massive problem. He's turned into Joel Anthony....

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 10:37:55 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

I might, just for the humor effect.