Author Topic: rondo rated a 90 overall in NBA 2k13  (Read 7193 times)

Re: rondo rated a 90 overall in NBA 2k13
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
That's a good rating. The only PGs who should be above that are CP3 and maybe Rose.

I really hope they'll take a Madden 12-like approach to 2k13 and have flux ratings that change depending on whether a player is hot or not. I love me some association and franchise building.

They already do that too, don't they?

He's referring to this in Association. They do update player ratings on the "Play Now" rosters but a player stays that way until he 'improves' in Association.

Sad that such a great mode gets so, so, so little love. But I suppose as long as LeBron is the best player in the history of the NBA people'll eat it up.
Yeah, truthfully, I only play "Play Now" when I have friends over. 80% of the time I play 2k, it's on Association.

I really don't like how the ratings don't really change until after the season. True, they go up and down a couple depending on the team's success, but I feel like they should go up and down depending on the individual's success. That way, each experience is always different.

I do association mode almost exclusively, even with friends. Drafting teams takes like ten minutes and it's pretty fun anyways.

Not too concerned about rankings - Rondo was pretty awesome in the game last season, I'm sure they'll continue to reflect his abilities well.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:48:02 PM by StartOrien »

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2012, 09:49:00 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
2K12 seriously sucked to play multiplayer. I found myself putting the 2k11 disc in when my friend came over to jam. Hopefully 2k13 relaxes on the whole "let's clog the paint with players" thing.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I'm excited to get franchise mode going myself. I'm also interested in seeing what Live has to offer this season. Any reviews out yet?

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
I'm excited to get franchise mode going myself. I'm also interested in seeing what Live has to offer this season. Any reviews out yet?

Think Live's plan was to return to the game next season. My guess though, is that they're done.

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 11:25:30 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Think Live's plan was to return to the game next season. My guess though, is that they're done.

that would stink.  I'm a 2k guy but competition is always a good thing.