Author Topic: Wade's slap in our face  (Read 8138 times)

Re: Wade's slap in our face
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 10:14:53 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
well, excuse me for living.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 11:06:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Haha..I don't think Wade meant any disrespect, but at least NOW I strongly believe we have the pieces...

...as well as the usual suspects in KG, Pierce, Rondo, Bass and - to compete with ANY ONE.

Add in Swag Bear and Melo's development and we're good. BOS will be there in the end - right along with the other contenders.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 02:13:43 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan

There, there. If we disagree, we have to say it, right?

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 05:30:05 AM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
Karate Hamster can say anything he wants, I couldn't care less.

He wants to play against the best, but with the refs on his side... this time it won't be enough, Avery Bradley will be ready to shut him off on the court.

Go Celtics!

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 07:42:24 AM »

Offline nhYankee

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Dwayne Wade - the dirtiest player in the NBA

I thought I was the only one who thought this.
"You're not going crazy; you're going sane in a crazy world!"

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
wow. i think you're reading way too much into that.

1. he never mentions the celtics.
2. he's talking about the bulls losing rose and how he'd like to be able to play against the #1 seeded bulls at full strength
3. it was the sixers who knocked off the bulls anyways so if its a backhand swipe it would be at the sixers.

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 02:30:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Well at least he didn't say something stupid and obnoxious after winning the title, like that he was the best player in the world even though everyone knew he wasn't even the best player on his team.

Nope, only players like Paul Pierce say things like that.  ;D

Back to this quote. Completely harmless with zero malice meant towards the C's. Don't see how it can be seen any other way.

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Andrew Bynum feels slighted...

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2012, 04:18:08 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Andrew Bynum feels slighted...
So does Metta World Artest...or whatever his name is.

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

Offline gotjoker?

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
Personally, I didn't take offense to Wade's comments here.  It's no different from Danny Granger's comments not long ago.  Also, you've to understand that Wade and Rose are both Illinois natives.  Hence, they might be apt to stick up for each other.

Interestingly, Chicago was the first seed and Miami was the second seed last season.  And Miami still eliminated them with a healthy, MVP recipient Rose.

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Fine, just don't let it happen again.

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 05:17:53 PM »

Offline Celtic#9

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 15
Bulls had the best record. If he wants to play the best teams why wouldn't he want to play the Bulls. The lost the 2011 MVP of course they are better than the 76ers. It has to be tough for a team to have a reigning MVP get hurt. How is this possibly a slam against the C's?

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 07:21:52 PM »

Offline kp4000

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 13
Dwayne Wade - the dirtiest player in the NBA - also has one of the biggest mouths. i hate the guy because he is so pretentious. he tries to come off as this kid who just loves to play the game, but he has all sorts of agendas going on behind that facade.

he recently insulted the Celtics (from Chicago FSN):

To be sure, the injury to Derrick Rose helped clear a path to the Heat's title, but Dwyane Wade, for one, wasn't happy to see it happen. The Heat had the East's No. 2 seed, behind the Bulls, until Chicago lost to the eighth-seeded Sixers in the first round. "You just feel bad for him," Wade said of Rose. "We all deal with injuries and every time you deal with an injury, you hope it's not the big one. You hope it won't end your season. So to see a guy like D-Rose, who was battling injuries all year, minor injuries, and then it took its toll. And it was sad to see." ... Wade insists that, as a fan of basketball, it was tough to watch Rose depart early. "We didn't want to see it and we want to play the Bulls. We want to play the best teams."

real class act Wade.

Your disdain and hate for Wade is clouding your judgement, friend. I saw the video and read the transcript and Wade did not insult the Celtics at all. He was asked  a simple question about playing the best team in the east and NBA which was clearly the Bulls.

The reporter tried imply the Heat some how took an easier road to the finals, Wade then replied, "we went 7 games in the ECF with Boston, I wouldn't consider that easy an path". To be honest the Heat's Big 3 praise the Celtics more than any team I can think of.

And it was sad to see." ... Wade insists that, as a fan of basketball, it was tough to watch Rose depart early. "We didn't want to see it and we want to play the Bulls. We want to play the best teams."

Read between the lines and you'll Wade say, " we want to play the best teams." Chicago had the best record in the conference and entire league. The Celtics had the fourth best record in the east, but played like the third best team in the east during the second half of the regular season.

After the Bulls lost Rose and Noah the lost hope appeared, though I still believe the Bulls should of won the first round series even without Rose or Noah. Thinking about it, after the Bulls, the Celtics are the only team that gives Miami the most trouble.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 07:33:49 PM by kp4000 »

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2012, 07:28:04 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I'm sure he was also very upset at Beijing to miss Lithuania in the gold medal round, and was just killing himself from his couch this summer. I mean you want to play the best teams.

Yep. That D Wade. All about competition. He'd never take the easy way out or anything. He loves competition.

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I'm sure he was also very upset at Beijing to miss Lithuania in the gold medal round, and was just killing himself from his couch this summer. I mean you want to play the best teams.

Yep. That D Wade. All about competition. He'd never take the easy way out or anything. He loves competition.

I respect him so much. Such a competitor. And the Heat are such a great franchise. Thank you David Stern for making the NBA the way it is.