Author Topic: Really Rajon?  (Read 7720 times)

Re: Really Rajon?
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 12:19:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
why do you guys equate Kobe in a soccer shirt and MJ gambling to Rajon Rondo catching fastballs without proper baseball equipment.

By the way, Kobe and MJ have multiple chips. So let me know when Rajon gets his first as the MAN of the team.
The only proper baseball equipment you need to play catch is a ball and a glove. He had them so he was just doing an everyday type thing. MJ was up all night gambling during the night before many many games. It never effected his ability to win rings.

Your post is everything that is wrong about fandom sometimes. You look at these players as automatons that should be doing everything they can to get better at a game to win a championship strictly for you.

Players are people. They have lives. They have girlfriends and wives and kids and basketball is their profession. I am sure a gym rat like Rondo is out working on his game. Is he not due the same everyday liberties as you and I, like taking a vacation, traveling and playing catch with someone when he isn't working?

I think he is and I think your obsession with having to have Rondo doing nothing but basketball practice to satisfy your need for another championship rather unhealthy.

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 01:08:36 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
why do you guys equate Kobe in a soccer shirt and MJ gambling to Rajon Rondo catching fastballs without proper baseball equipment.

By the way, Kobe and MJ have multiple chips. So let me know when Rajon gets his first as the MAN of the team.
The only proper baseball equipment you need to play catch is a ball and a glove. He had them so he was just doing an everyday type thing. MJ was up all night gambling during the night before many many games. It never effected his ability to win rings.

Your post is everything that is wrong about fandom sometimes. You look at these players as automatons that should be doing everything they can to get better at a game to win a championship strictly for you.

Players are people. They have lives. They have girlfriends and wives and kids and basketball is their profession. I am sure a gym rat like Rondo is out working on his game. Is he not due the same everyday liberties as you and I, like taking a vacation, traveling and playing catch with someone when he isn't working?

I think he is and I think your obsession with having to have Rondo doing nothing but basketball practice to satisfy your need for another championship rather unhealthy.

What I say with sarcasm and pictures Nick says with paragraphs.

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 01:58:25 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
you are both wrong. If professional players that rely on their physical attributes more than anything elese could do whatever they want to do you would not have clauses in their contracts prohibiting certain activities that normal people do.

Oh, by the way, MJ's gambling cost the Bulls a couple of chips.

I am dome with this thread.

I am a Rondo fan, you guys want it to appear like I was bashin him. I just thought it was a little risky to be doing that activity for someone who depends totally on physical gifts for his chosen profession.

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 02:24:39 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I definitely think that's generally the case.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 09:31:59 AM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
you are both wrong. If professional players that rely on their physical attributes more than anything elese could do whatever they want to do you would not have clauses in their contracts prohibiting certain activities that normal people do.

I am a Rondo fan, you guys want it to appear like I was bashin him. I just thought it was a little risky to be doing that activity for someone who depends totally on physical gifts for his chosen profession.

Playing catch is not really a risky proposition if you've done it before - which Rondo clearly has.  That's my only point.  Catchers wear masks to protect against foul tips.  There was no batter.
Yup

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 12:07:22 PM »

Offline Theodor

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
Should you be catching baseballs without a catcher's mitt or facemask? You are the man we are counting on to lead us to banner 18. Practice those jumpers that will make you unguardable. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

Well, he DID make some jumpers in the backyard before he entered into the batting cage, where he unexpectedly showed up and had some fun with kids last night.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3777037550144

He did some batting, pitching and catching in the batting cage, but nothing seriously. I don't think catching those 60 m/hr fastballs will hurt himself. But I was more worried about him pitching and swinging without sufficient warm-up. After all, he is a professional athlete and I think he knew what he was doing.

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 02:18:37 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
i know he has a life beyond basketball
but how long does it take for a broken hand to heal
fluke things happen like that
catch a ball wrong or sumthin

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 02:28:33 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
I'm sure when the OP heard about Brady cliff diving this summer he started a thread to cut Brady on some Patriots forum.   ::)

Incredibly stupid thread.

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39

WHAT IF A METEOR CRASHES AND KILLS HIM IN HIS BACKYARD.  HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED OUTSIDE.

WHAT IF  A METEOR HITS HIS HOUSE, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT AT ALL TIMES.

WHAT IF SOMEONE TRIES TO ROB HIM AT GUN POINT, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN A LOCKED VAULT AT ALL TIMES

WHAT IF SOMEONE FINDS THE LOCKED VAULT, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN A HUMAN BODY SUIT IN THE VAULT AT ALL TIMES

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 02:43:50 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

WHAT IF A METEOR CRASHES AND KILLS HIM IN HIS BACKYARD.  HE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED OUTSIDE.

WHAT IF  A METEOR HITS HIS HOUSE, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN THE BASEMENT AT ALL TIMES.

WHAT IF SOMEONE TRIES TO ROB HIM AT GUN POINT, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN A LOCKED VAULT AT ALL TIMES

WHAT IF SOMEONE FINDS THE LOCKED VAULT, HE SHOULD HAVE TO STAY IN A HUMAN BODY SUIT IN THE VAULT AT ALL TIMES

His fortified, locked basement needs to have a hoop in it so he can practice his free throws and jumpers. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Much better doing that than wasting his time wearing himself out in meaningless exhibitions at the olympics

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Rondo was playing catch. He wasn't taking fastballs from Ricky Vaughan or anything.

Or was he? I have no idea what Charlie Sheen is doing these days..

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32

1. I like how someone posts a picture of Jordan in a freaking baseball jersey and you try to sidestep that by injecting "gambling" and using that to compare & contrast with Rondo playing catch. Even if you think Jordan was just Chuck Norris-esque enough to do that, at least it's something Rondo probably wouldn't consider doing from a strict "thinking about basketball only" perspective.

2. I also like how playing catch equates to "do whatever they want to do".

No offense, and I'm no psychologist, but are you so limited in your daily activities that you're taking it out on Rondo for having fun? I can't imagine someone who's relatively active holding it against an athlete for something like this; they'd probably just call it living life.