Author Topic: Jaylen Brown was offered 4 years $80M  (Read 31086 times)

Re: Jaylen Brown was offered 4 years $80M
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2019, 03:30:30 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Siakam has a better season than Jaylen last year. This is no surprise.

He’s also 2.5 years older.

« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2019, 04:04:31 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

Yeah lets see how he does without Kawhi. Better season than JB is not the standard for max contract.

« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2019, 05:10:45 PM »

Offline Wavewarden@yahoo.com

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 0

He’s also 2.5 years older.

Good point, plays Siakam was mediocre in more than half of the post season games last year.

« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2019, 05:17:17 PM »

• JD Davison
It seems odd to me that the comments have Jaylen rigidly defined within a range based on the last two years. He's still 22 for a few more days, and one of the most athletic guys we've ever had.

This could go a lot of different ways, but it looks to me like the game is starting to slow down for him. Based on the FIBA games and the preseason, it looks like he is improving faster than Tatum is. That may change during the season, but I doubt it.

I think the chances are pretty good that he's a lot closer to a co-#2 option with Tatum this year. I would guess that Ainge considers Tatum and Brown more important than Hayward or Walker or anyone else, and will act accordingly to keep him.

I think we save money by signing him now. We might need to pay the max to keep him if we wait and he goes out and has an impressive season.
Jaylen outplayed Barnes and Middleton at FIBA, Jaylen only regressed last year because Kyrie’s half court offense doe not fit his style of play.  I hope they sign him.

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2019, 05:27:00 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
The thing to consider is, if the Celtics max him out, what’s the probability that they could trade that contract down the line if they ever chose to, without having to attach other assets? I think those chances are high. That’s why I think the team is going to keep him at any cost this summer, regardless if he’s in their long-term plans.

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2019, 05:36:26 PM »

• JD Davison
This is why I don’t understand Danny’s logic in lowballing him.  This way we don’t have to give smart in a Jaylen Trade. 

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2019, 11:08:51 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
It seems odd to me that the comments have Jaylen rigidly defined within a range based on the last two years. He's still 22 for a few more days, and one of the most athletic guys we've ever had.

This could go a lot of different ways, but it looks to me like the game is starting to slow down for him. Based on the FIBA games and the preseason, it looks like he is improving faster than Tatum is. That may change during the season, but I doubt it.

I think the chances are pretty good that he's a lot closer to a co-#2 option with Tatum this year. I would guess that Ainge considers Tatum and Brown more important than Hayward or Walker or anyone else, and will act accordingly to keep him.

I think we save money by signing him now. We might need to pay the max to keep him if we wait and he goes out and has an impressive season.
Jaylen outplayed Barnes and Middleton at FIBA, Jaylen only regressed last year because Kyrie’s half court offense doe not fit his style of play.  I hope they sign him.

1. Jaylen didn't outplay Barnes and Middleton at FIBA 2019.
Barnes averaged more minutes than Jaylen and Middleton averaged more points than Brown even when their minutes were identical.

2. Reason why Jaylen regressed was because of the return of Hayward.
Jaylen Brown had a great 2nd season in 2018 and Kyrie played in 60 games that season.
So it's not true that Kyrie affected Jaylen Brown's game as Brown was starting alongside Kyrie in that 2018 season.

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2019, 11:56:27 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

1. Jaylen didn't outplay Barnes and Middleton at FIBA 2019.
Barnes averaged more minutes than Jaylen and Middleton averaged more points than Brown even when their minutes were identical.

2. Reason why Jaylen regressed was because of the return of Hayward.
Jaylen Brown had a great 2nd season in 2018 and Kyrie played in 60 games that season.
So it's not true that Kyrie affected Jaylen Brown's game as Brown was starting alongside Kyrie in that 2018 season.
That can't actually be the legitimate extent of your analysis, can it?
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2019, 01:20:47 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
https://twitter.com/gilroyonhoops/status/1185759268269678592?s=21

Now this is more like it. Pay the man Danny!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2019, 01:58:46 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Whoa, now 4 years 30mill per

He should take that.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2019, 02:16:59 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

He should take that.
Yeah, it's not much less than the max he could get from other teams iirc so I think we'll be seeing a Jaylen Brown extension on Monday :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2019, 08:10:05 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He should take that.

Hope it's a legit offer and he does take it.

« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2019, 08:17:20 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
yeah, if legit he should take that.

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2019, 08:45:55 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2019, 09:27:46 AM »

Offline otherdave

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 123
  • takes.....MAKES!!!!
Collective Bargaining Agreement question:  Can the C's offer a 5 year extension?