Author Topic: C’s locker room after Game 2  (Read 11425 times)

Re: C’s locker room after Game 2
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 01:54:38 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Fair enough gouki88, certainly didn't mean to put words in your mouth. It is true he scored 23 a game for the defending champs and #2 team in the East this year. 

That said, I just see him as a limited offensive talent who likely finds it much easier to score in the regular season than in the playoffs where top notch defensive teams zero in on key players and try to take away their stuff. Not saying Brown didn't do a good job. He did, as did the Celtics team as a whole, on Siakim. At this stage of his offensive development I think he's easier to slow down when you te away the few thing he does well.

Also for clarity, I am a "major" Jaylen Brown fan. He has such huge potential with his combination of elite athleticism, strength, length and a super high real life IQ. I do think the game does not come as easily to him as it does to Tatum, the intuitive feel 0 but Brown has made good strides every year - particularly this year and that's good.

I tend to be harder on brown because I think he's the piece who can propel us over the top if he plays with the right physical intensity on a nightly basis 0 it changes everything for us (he was spectacular in game three on both ends of the floor). High potential, higher expectations. And for me, what I see, is that dialed in intensity on a consistent basis his key to fully unlocking his game. Young players take different time frames to get there. Jaylen is moving in that direction - I still think he needs to take it up another notch or two to get all the way there... He's young and trending in the right direction. I'd really like to see another game from him like game 3, particularly with regards to attacking the rim and the defensive end of       
the floor.
Can't ramp up your aggression when your coach uses you like Bruce Bowen tbh. But yeah I'm with you on Brown having huge potential.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA