Author Topic: Suns (17-24) at Celtics (27-13) Game #41 1/18/20  (Read 25897 times)

Re: Suns (17-24) at Celtics (27-13) Game #41 1/18/20
« Reply #315 on: January 18, 2020, 09:54:04 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
Here's a thought. The effort we play with late in the 4th quarter in all these games we try to rally but come up short.... why don't we play with that effort for a full 48 minutes?? Where is it early on??  >:(

How do you think this is sustainable for 48 min?

Especially the way Stevens like to play Tatum, Hayward, Smart big mins

Okay saying a full 48 minutes might be an exaggeration I admit. But this team ALWAYS starts slow and digs their own graves early on. Becoming a glaring issue.

I know we didn't have Kemba + Brown tonight, but this has been true even with them all playing.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #316 on: January 18, 2020, 09:54:31 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
We were missing two of our starters tonight, including our top scorer, and we hung in there. I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Take two all-star caliber starters away from any team in the league and they will struggle to win.
Smart rounding back into form was the one positive.

« Reply #317 on: January 18, 2020, 09:55:49 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
first game i’ve missed all season. i know brown and kemba were out but we should have been able to handle the suns at home. anyone mind giving me some insight on what happened? same slow start, anemic offense, and listless defense?

Apparently the only way this team is ever gonna be really good is if they have all of their players healthy and playing. If even one guy is out, the rest of them don't know how to overcome that.

It's sad that our 2 way player is better than most of the bench.
Yeah, let's reign in on the Waters hot take. He had a nice 1st half but looked every bit the late second round pick that he is in the second half.

He was a +17. Good things seemed to happen when he was out there.
And Smart was -11. See how bad that stat is in judging the game of a player.

« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
first game i’ve missed all season. i know brown and kemba were out but we should have been able to handle the suns at home. anyone mind giving me some insight on what happened? same slow start, anemic offense, and listless defense?

Apparently the only way this team is ever gonna be really good is if they have all of their players healthy and playing. If even one guy is out, the rest of them don't know how to overcome that.

Yeah, let's reign in on the Waters hot take. He had a nice 1st half but looked every bit the late second round pick that he is in the second half.

If your solution to the bench problems is a 5'9 G League guy then the bench is really bad.

I like him but not my solution.  Like Nick said in another thread...you got wait out the season so you can get him tied up for 4 year on a low $ contract. 

My solution is to trade bench guys and future picks for upgrades.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2020, 09:56:55 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
And next we got the Lakers . Idk if I have want it takes to watch it.

« Reply #320 on: January 18, 2020, 09:58:09 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

He was a +17. Good things seemed to happen when he was out there.
And Smart was -11. See how bad that stat is in judging the game of a player.

I agree +/- isnt the greatest stat but I liked what I saw out of the kid. Brad must of too...Waters got in late during the comeback.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #321 on: January 18, 2020, 09:59:16 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

If your solution to the bench problems is a 5'9 G League guy then the bench is really bad.

I like him but not my solution.  Like Nick said in another thread...you got wait out the season so you can get him tied up for 4 year on a low $ contract. 

You mean release them for upgrades. None of them have any trade value right now save for maybe Langford based only on when he was picked.

« Reply #322 on: January 18, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!

Can't wait! They may not have AD that night either, but you know Caldwell-Pope will probably put up 25 out of nowhere  ::)

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #323 on: January 18, 2020, 10:01:25 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1671
We were missing two of our starters tonight, including our top scorer, and we hung in there. I'm not sure what some people were expecting. Take two all-star caliber starters away from any team in the league and they will struggle to win.
Smart rounding back into form was the one positive.

Honestly, there were some good things to take from this game.  I liked how Hayward approached the second half.  He started really rough, but he stayed aggressive and ultimately turned in a solid game.  22/7/7.  Too bad we’ll only remember one shot.

Tatum was uneven but ultimately very good too.  As fans, we shouldn’t take a 26/10 game for granted. 

« Reply #324 on: January 18, 2020, 10:01:30 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Where is Saltl...oops I mean Danny,

We need BIGS and a gunner off the bench.

« Reply #325 on: January 18, 2020, 10:02:26 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish

You mean release them for upgrades. None of them have any trade value right now save for maybe Langford based only on when he was picked.

We just need Semi,Poirier, and the gang for their matching contracts. Hopefully the draft picks will be enticing enough to make a deal.

Larry Bird

« Reply #326 on: January 18, 2020, 10:17:14 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Does anyone know why Romeo DNP?

« Reply #327 on: January 18, 2020, 10:57:56 PM »

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
And next we got the Lakers . Idk if I have what it takes to watch it.

Haha - tp. Sucks knowing you are going to get run off the floor by your most hated rivals. Got to suck it up and take it like a man (or woman), I suppose.

« Reply #328 on: January 18, 2020, 11:01:37 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Does anyone know why Romeo DNP?

No idea. The Kid should play.

« Reply #329 on: January 18, 2020, 11:22:34 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

prepare an azz whooping

because I do

CBS keeps rolling out the same starting lineup that is terrible in the 1st quarter

Ainge doesn't make a move to get some help upfront/off the bench

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:28:17 PM by Tr1boy »