Author Topic: Header banner templates and specs  (Read 34756 times)

Re: Header banner templates and specs
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 08:44:11 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
by the way, I spent some time last night saving my images as GIFs and removing the black backgrounds so they would blend into the background of the site

I take it the Big Baby got cut?  That one was having some issues, but I think it's the only one I noticed.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 09:05:23 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
yeah, that one and the KG one that's mostly black I had to take down - hopefully many of the KG and Allen ones will be replaced in October with more pics of them wearing Celtics uniforms
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 10:29:56 AM »

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • ranter
the more I look at that image of the 3 jerseys, the less I like it, so I'll take it out of the rotation - my photoshop skills STINK
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
the more I look at that image of the 3 jerseys, the less I like it, so I'll take it out of the rotation - my photoshop skills STINK

At least u have some, I still have to beg for sigs.. :D
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 12:20:12 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
By the way, Jeff, some of the banners don't look right unless the site is set to full-width mode.  For instance, the picture above that has KG / Pierce / Allen in it (with each of their nicknames) cuts Allen out of the picture entirely when the site is set to medium width.  Most of the other pictures seem to still look okay, but that one has problems.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 04:43:02 PM »

Offline Bob Day

• Ray Allen
  • El Webmaster Romántico
By the way, Jeff, some of the banners don't look right unless the site is set to full-width mode.  For instance, the picture above that has KG / Pierce / Allen in it (with each of their nicknames) cuts Allen out of the picture entirely when the site is set to medium width.  Most of the other pictures seem to still look okay, but that one has problems.
The header area set to truncate right-side images if the layout width is too narrow. The site is designed to flex in width without breaking. The "widest" width setting is actually a "fluid width" setting that will accommodate any browser window width. Naturally that includes very wide browser windows, but it also includes small ones. The left-side and center width choices are "fixed width". Neither is very suitable to our current layout.

The one way we can break site layout is to insert an image into either a side column or the main content area that is too wide for the area it is placed. Images for the side columns need to be no wider than 160px and images for articles should probably be kept under 500px with the three column layout.
Yo no soy para el delicado!